All reviewsvillage resortpool barkaron beachjacuzzi areathe security guardchanged every dayhappy hourair confourth floorfriendly hotelsliding doormin walkper nightsea viewsister hotelsmall hotelnice balcony
Reviewed January 8, 2016 via mobile

We didn't like the service, they promised things that they didn't deliver like an ocean view, charged for guests and more.

Near the pool, the noise in the morning from people in the pool woke me up.

Also it's near a busy road which is loud as well. Choose another hote

Stayed: January 2016
2  Thank arpowers
Reviewed November 22, 2015

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel. It's nicely designed and the territory is clean and lovely to be around.

Room
We lived in a seaview room. It actually did face the sea, though there wasn't much sea to look at, due to the trees. All in all, it was quite clean, except for two chairs on the balcony, which were covered in century-old dust and I'm pretty sure the bathroom hadn't been cleaned thoroughly for a while, so I recommend to use it as a shower only. The furniture was ok, not brand new but we didn't expect it to be. The bed was comfortable, many pillows. There was also a small sofa and a fridge, and an electric kettle for tea-fans.

The staff was friendly and helpful. Room service, though could do better, I suppose. We stayed 11 days there and our bed linen was changed only once - not good enough.

Breakfast
We had breakfast included, and I loved it! It was available from 6.30 am and up to 10 am or so. Along with all-time breakfast classic like toasts, vegetables, cheese, omelette, ham and bacon, there was a selection of 3-4 local dishes and 2 European main dishes. I have a weak spot for rice noodles, and there were different noodles every day! However, you cannot pour tea or coffee by yourself - only servers do it. All the food was fresh, but for potato with cream and cheese - it smelled somewhat funny, so just in case, be careful around dishes with cream.

Pool
Since we went there in October, low season, there were few people, and we had the large pool often entirely to ourselves. The pool has a jacuzzi area and a small waterfall separating the "public" guest area and private rooms with pool access. It was really enjoyable to dive in the pool after some time on the beach, since the sea was warm and the pool was cooler. There is a poolbar, you can sit in the water and sip cocktails in the pool. During the happy hour you can get 2 cocktails for the price of one, about 200-250 BHT, which is more expensive than in local bars but ok during happy hour.

Beach access
The hotel is quite close to the beach. You only have to cross the road (with active traffic, cars popping up just around the corner). Despite the traffic, it's absolutely no trouble, since a guy in uniform with a flag was always there to help us cross the road. Then beach is just a several minutes' walk along the lake.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank OlgaMinchina
Reviewed November 21, 2015 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay in the pool access room. The pool and swim up bar with happy hour is a great plus! Rooms are clean.. spacious and nice. Breakfast was great and staff is very friendly! Only drawback is the HUGE price difference between between high and low season. But that might be understandable. Low season is great value for money but high season is really expensive! Guess that is normal.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2015

I stayed for a week in this hotel. I like the breakfast and staff which are working in the restaurant. they are so polite. Hotel is near the karon beach and karon center. Hotel is little old. The room and bathroom is needed to renew. The furniture is old. Room service list is old in the room. I mean the prices. I ordered and They tried to charge me more. Because They told me that the prices are old. Receptionist lady is so helpful but The man who works at night is rude as a receptionist. When I make the check-out, They ask me about laundry bag. They told me You have to pay about it. İt is missing in my room. Actually I am not sure there is one in the room or not. I did not see it all of my staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: Take the pool access room.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2015 via mobile

When I visited The Front Village, it was my first time being here. The decorations are really nice and well detailed with Sino- Portuguese style, look classy and modern in the same time.

My room type was Studio, there is swimming pool in front of my room perfectly. I could get into the pool and enjoyed having drink at the water bar inside this pool during sunny day.

In the evening of the day, I walked along the park and went to the beach which is just opposite to the hotel. The sea is very clear and the sand is also clean. This trip was so memorable, The front village is one of the best hotels I have been. I'm sure that this hotel will be visited again for my next trip in Phuket.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple