See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 20, 2016 via mobile

Nice rooms. Ok pool area. One of the women in the reception were so grumpy. We felt unwanted, at arrival.

But after check in another women were there (Kelly), she helped us with whatever we had of questions and were very serviceminded.

Ok hotel for the money, nothing fancy.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nils Henrik A
Reviewed March 19, 2016 via mobile

+ Cheap at least for some guests but it seemed random. Nice and friendly staff as well. The restaurant had some good food actually. Pool was ok.
- The pictures of the hotel does not match the hotel in reality and why would you expect differently? Poor cleaning and service all around seem unproffessionell. No wi-fi in the room although there was an existing network.
I can recommend this hotel for a couple of nights but for a longer stay there is better.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2016

According to the previous reviews this place was more friendly in the past. Looks like problems started after the hotel began to cooperate with Russian tour agencies. Lots of Russian tourists made this nice place completely unfriendly. I have never seen so bored and indifferent staff.
Breakfasts are as poor as they can be. Location is fine. 5 minutes walk to the main street, 10 minutes walk to the beach. Our deluxe room was ok, except for we were initially located in a standard room by some mistake (intentionally?). Pool is quite small, but it is not critical for me.

Stayed: March 2016
Reviewed February 13, 2016 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and humble.

Food would be better bought elsewhere. Breakfast was very repetitive and meals were subpar.

Pool daily maintenance which surprised me. Nice and quaint.

Rooms depends which one you get more on that further down.

Mostly Russians but not a problem for me. They weren't unfriendly although seem to expect everyone in the world to understand them when they speak Russian? :) speaking slowly in Russian won't help me understand you! Learn English ;)

We were 1 day late from booking. Technically a no show which means they could've screwed us over right there.

However they clicked on the computer and got us a room on the bottom floor. Likely due to us having a stroller,to carry and no elevator.

When we got in the room the smell of moist and a suspicion of mild was evident. I figured it could be due to the ac being off.

After the Ac was on and we waited for some time the smell was still there.
There was also a big stain of Coke on the wall? Why not wipe it off??

Anyways we booked 4 weeks and we had a 1 yr old and my pregnant wife. No chance I'd be staying in a room with mold. That's dangerous. Went down and talked to reception. They only had a room on top floor. We checked and it was WAY fresher. Swatted mozzies on the wall but otherwise ok.

So make sure you ask for a fresh room. I felt sorry for the people that moved in after me. Although a few nights is ok 4 weeks is not.

Location isnt the best but not the worst either.

IF you are unsure IF karon is where you want to go. Go to kata instead. Far better area for shopping, eating and relatixing.
If i could rebook i wouldve Gone to kata for sure.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank jxales
Reviewed January 29, 2016

When I read a couple of reviews on this hotel I thought we may have made a mistake, but fortunately it turned out we did not (apart from the hot water). Yes there are a lot is Russians at this hotel, but we did not find this off putting , they were mostly you families, do not let this influence you decision regarding this hotel.We found this hotel to be good, the rooms were clean and a good size, but always smelt musty. The staff were quite good and helpful. Pool was great. One major fult with this hotel is the constant lack of hot water, we were there for 6 days and had cool showers every day, not very good. The hotel's location is very good, less than 10 minute walk to the beach, restaurants are just down the road. We found the restaurant prices at the hotel to be a bit expensive. Overall we did have an enjoyable stay. Note the hotel charges 1200 Thai Bhat to go to the airport, we found a little place just down the road that does it for 1000 Bhat

Room Tip: We had a room that lead out to the pool, this was quite good.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple