4,734 results
All reviews lagoon pool lotus restaurant carpe diem team baht bonanza cabana room mix bar tropicale rooms red onion beer garden pool party irish pub kids club two chefs water slides happy hour entertainment team family holiday
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed here end of March with our son and his family. Overall rating. We loved it. It is in a great location at Karon Beach, near restaurants and one street away from the main road. A 5 minute walk to the beach. We booked a Lagoon room and on arrival found there were unpleasant smells going into the room from the nearby drains. The staff were very helpful and we relocated to a 2nd floor room overlooking the pool which was clean and spacious. Our son and his family stayed in the newer rooms with an ocean view, however found the room too small to accommodate a cot so moved also to a Lagoon rom and loved the room. I have read reviews about mosquitos and we did not have this problem in our room. This hotel is rated 4 star, however we would say it is more like a 3/3.5 star hotel. If you want luxury, then go to the Centara Grand down the road, but if you want a clean room with great facilities and close to everything, then choose this hotel. It is excellent value for money and we could not fault the staff. Everyone, including the Spa staff were very professional, helpful and friendly. If you have children, then we would recommend a 2nd floor room overlooking the Lagoon Pool. We also recommend breakfast at the restaurant overlooking this pool as it is much quieter and a delight to sit and take your time. We never came across noisy Russians as posted on other reviews. In fact we found the resort very quiet. We spent most of our time around the pool with our son and his family and loved it. We recommend going to view the Sunset on the 9th floor and also taking up the 10000 baht hotel offer if you intend to eat and drink mainly in the hotel. We didn't take advantage of this but wish we had. We also recommend at least one night eating in the hotel and when there's a show on. The food is wonderful and it is a shame to see a lack of support to the hotel and the artists who perform the show. We highly recommend taking up one of the offers at the spa. If you just want a chill holiday in Karon Beach and a clean room at a hotel that offers value for money, then choose this hotel. The only thing we would have changed is that the beds be softer and the hotel changes their pillows more frequently, but if you ask the staff, they are more than willing to assist.

Room Tip: If you have children, choose a room overlooking the Lagoon, preferably on the 2nd floor. Eat brekkie overlooking the Lagoon Pool
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jayne C
Management77, General Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Sawasdee Jayne C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Readers will appreciate your comments especially your recommendation to take the baht bonanza offer or to see the show and dinner in Lotus restaurant. Im pleased you found the food “wonderful” and “highly recommend” our Day Spa for a treatment. Your point of softer beds and changing pillows has been noted. Housekeeping do offer a mattress cushion cover upon request.
I look forward to welcoming you back.
Regards

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights. It is located near the best beach of Phuket (per my experience) - Karon beach. And is a stone's throw from the shopping area and other tourist attractions. Our villa was plush, spacious, and tastefully decorated. Food is delicious, the service is wonderful without being overwhelming. They have quite a spread for their breakfast buffet. I did not get to check out the spa. But I did avail of pool facilities which had splendid view of the stars by night, or the sunrise in the morning. At every interaction with the hotel staff (whether it was housekeeping, or in-room dining, pool-side staff, or reception assistance) i found their service and hospitality to be superlative!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Mitin_K_Kumar
Management77, General Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Sawasdee mitinkumar,
Happy Songkran to you!
Thank you for your glowing review. Our team will appreciate your kind words, and hopefully your planning your annual trip for a May return?I hope so!

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel about 8 times over the past four years and I think all of the staff are amazing, very polite and friendly and the manager always takes time out to speak to you. I have stayed in all parts of this hotel apart from the cabanas and cannot fault any of the rooms that I have stayed in. The breakfast has a good selection to choose from. This hotel is in a fantastic part of karon beach and is very quiet on a night. The bell boys are always happy to help and I look forward to my next visit on 29th of April 2012 I would highly recommend this hotel for its staff, location and cleanliness. Well done centara and I cannot wait to see you all again in a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: For a good night out visit the skylight bar which is just past the Irish bar on your right near the little market.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Karen C

Sawasdee Karen,
Happy Songkran to you! Thank you for your wonderful review! 8 times is fantastic and only 2 weeks away for your next return!
Karen I hope we catch up!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

My first visit to Phuket and because of the fantastic experience I had at Centara Karon, I am already planning to re-visit next year. Everything from transport, arrival and check-in procedures, to all round service and assistance, to check-out efficiency, was absolutely top class. Everybody from the porters, bell boys, receptionists, housekeepers, maintenance("engineers") guys, restaurant hostesses, waiting staff, cooks and our German head chef, the happy hour bar crew, the fitness centre guys, the guards at the boom, everybody, was unbelievable friendly and accomodating by providing superb service to make my stay one I will cherish for life. The room was great ( upgraded after I had asked to be moved to a lower floor because of a fear of heights) There was not a bite of a meal that was not absolutely delicious, the beers were always bitterly cold (For that I am making it a % star).........Compliments and thank you very much to all involved. I will most definitely recommend this establishment to any and all who is going to Karon in the future.
All the best, Pierre de Klerk, Cape Town, SA

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Pierre d

Happy Songkran Pierre!
Thank you for your wonderful review! (we really appreciate it!)
Your kind follow up note as well was shared with all.
I think its fair to say you have plenty of new friends here in Phuket!
Take care and see you in 2013!

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Nice hotel for relaxing and enjoying vacation at Phuket. Location is great - about 5 minutes walking to Karon beach, lots of restaurants, massage and travel agencies outside the streets, but not noisy at all in the hotel. The bellboys, the receptionists, the room services, the whole environment are absolutely fabulous, but NOT the spa staff. I thought the spa must be as good as other stuff, so tried twice to book a spa. I wanted to book a 9am spa on the day after next day, and was told it was fully booked by a lady. I said I had booked at the front desk the night before. The lady immediately responded by asking: "When? Where?" her tone and body language were disrespectful, sounded like I didn't tell the truth. But the truth is I DID book at the reception last night. It was an awful experience to be treated in that way when I was relaxing for my vacation. The lady is unprofessional working at a four-star hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chuan Z
Management77, General Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Sawasdee Chuan Z,
Thanks for taking the time to make a review. Great to read you wonderful comments on our 'bellboys, receptionists, room services and the whole environment'. I am sorry the Spa Receptionist ruined your stay. We will address her communication skills. Hope to welcome you back again Regards Darren Shaw