Before visiting this resort I carefully read the reviews on Trip advisor. However, they were so diverse tiat there was no clue whether it was good or not. As a frequent visitor to Thailand on business I consider myself a reasonable judge of hotels and restaurants. I knew that this resort offered a 50% allowance on deposits for use of the facilities ( e.g. deposit 10,000 baht and get credit for 15,000 baht) so I took advantage of this. I am now faced with the dilemma that I still have 7,500 baht credit with only two days to go. I will have to work hard in the bar to catch up. Basically this deal gives you a third off the hotel prices but it must be weighed against the local facilities which are more than a third cheaper anyway
I am not complaining because overall this is quite a laid back well equipped hotel which does what it says on the tin. Rooms are clean as are the public areas. perhaps a little tired and a refurb would do no harm at all. THe bars have two sets of happy hours but alas appear to be devoid of atmosphere. I suppose that is the point here, there is a distinct lack of fun inside the resort which could be remedied wih a little organisation.
However, I have no real negative comments and would go back again. Just the one issue is the breakfast service which is known for its efficiency around Thailand. Not here though, staff appear disinterested, food varies in quality and supply. cleanliness could also do with some attention.
THat's all from me and as I am still here I better start work on the remaining credits
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Thailand