Movenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$103
Movenpick.com
  • Pool
Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa(Karon)(Great Value!)
US$97
  • Pool
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$63
Chanalai Flora Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$30
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$36/night.

Chanalai Hillside Resort(Karon)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$31
Official Website
US$205
US$185
  • Breakfast included
The Baray Villa(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$275
US$191
Agoda.com
US$201
US$148
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$214/night.

Katathani Phuket Beach Resort(Kata Noi Beach)(Great Value!)
US$285
US$207
  • Beachfront
Sawasdee Village(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$153
  • Breakfast included
4,401 results
All reviewslagoon poollotus restaurantcarpe diem teamcabana roombaht bonanzamix bartropicale roomsred onionpool partybeer gardenirish pubkids clubwater slidestwo chefshappy hourentertainment teamfamily holiday
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I have just enjoyed 10 nights at Centara Karon Resort and would happily recommend it to our friends. As we arrived early in the day our room was not ready so we were offered the use of the Spa to freshen up with a shower. Our room was ready shortly and we were taken there only to find it was a twin room with single beds when we had booked a king room as we celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We went straight down to reception and pointed this out to be told that we had been upgraded from Lagoon to Tropicale room anyway but they would be able to move us after 2 nights. We were pleased to be in the Tropicale wing as it is much quieter for couples. The Lagoon pool and wings were very busy with families. We were moved on the 3rd day and also offered a free meal at one of their restaurants which was lovely. The resort is very central to everything in Karon. We loved walking out each evening and choosing a resturant for tea. My husband had a beautiful suit made at the resort tailor. Slightly more expensive but excellent quality. Breakfast at the resort was a highlight, the Green Chilli on the beach road our favorite restaurant. We used "Petty" at the tour agents down near the roundabout. Lovely girl who is a delight to deal with. Will happily go back another time.

Room Tip: Tropicale rooms quieter but a fair walk from the front gate. Nice view from 3rd floor but lots of stairs.
6  Thank Janette S
Management77, General Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Sawasdee Janette S,
Thank you for providing a review for TA readers.
Im delighted you enjoyed your stay and that breakfast was a highlight. Im sorry your bedding request was not available upon check in but pleased we could deliver by the third night and provided some nice touches to help make your anniversary a success.
Safe Travels

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Where to start with this review. My wife and I booked this holiday 12 months prior to leaving; we booked 4 nights in Bangkok, 8 nights in the Centara Grand (Phuket) and 2 nights in Dubai.

1 week before we were leaving I was at work (on an oil rig in the middle of the north sea) looking through the itinerary and noticed that it said we were booked into the Centara Karon, I phoned my wife and asked her to go to Thomas Cook and get it sorted. They apologised and said they had booked us in the wrong hotel but could not get us in the Centara Grand as they were full.

As you can imagine we had been looking at one hotel for a year, booking trips from that hotel only to be told we were no longer going there, devastated is not the word, after a lot of offering us hotels that just did not match up we had to accept the Centara Karon with £700 compensation and an upgrade to the honeymoon suit. We would have rather stayed at our original choice but we running out of time.

As you can see by the photos the so-called honeymoon suit did not live up to expectations, we put into room 1714, when we were shown room and balcony I could not believe the state of it to be called a honeymoon suit.

The railings were all rusty and looked disgusting, the veranda doors were all stained outside with streaks running down them, the hot tub had defiantly seen better days, the furniture was outdated, next to the balcony was a load of industrial pipework, we had a view of the car park at the front but a nice one to the right of the mountains. Inside when we were in bed the air con would drip on your head; I would have to get up 3 or 4 times in the night to wipe all of the water away.

After a teary first morning from my wife she went and complained to the rep, this went on for 4 days and eventually they said they could move us to the Centara Grand but it would cost us £960 which they could not guarantee we would get back. We declined their offer.

We took a trip along to the Centara Grand (I wish we hadn’t) it just made my wife so upset thinking this is where we should have been, their hotel and rooms were beautiful, modern and spotlessly clean.

The rest of the hotel was clean, the pool areas we very nice, we were bed and breakfast, but the breakfast was nothing to get up for we tried it twice then just dined out after this.

We spent so much money on this holiday for Thomas Cook to mess up what should have been a dream holiday. Thank you so much Thomas Cook I would never book with you ever again

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank foss281
Management77, General Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear foss281,
Thank you for your comments from your stay back in March. I am sorry your agent booked the wrong hotel and subsequently did not enjoy your stay. I understood that your agent had compensated your disappointment. The balcony railing rust you mention has since been removed however the air conditioner is fine as you cannot leave balcony doors open as condensation will occur. The furniture is not outdated however I thank you for your feedback. The views from your room are actually impressive ocean views and your photo is misleading.
My apologies for your disappointment and I hope you return to beautiful Thailand again in the near future.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We have just returned from our 6th trip to Centara Karon. We love everything about this hotel. We stayed in room 1816 which we were upgraded to free of charge. Upon our arrival the reception staff checked us in with the usual efficiency and provided us with our complimentary drink. The room was of a good standard with everything we could have needed for our stay. The housekeeping staff always cleaned the room perfectly and the room looked like new everyday, if we were in the room when they wanted to clean it they carried on their round and came back at a more suitable time for us.The pools are all of a good standard and each offer a different atmosphere to the others, we travel with our 4 year old daughter so the lagoon pool with its slides was where we spent most of our time!!! The staff are, quite simply a credit to the hotel and to the country, they always have a smile on their face and always have the time to help with anything or just ask how we are and how our day was, in fact our daughter spent lots of time chatting to the bell boys, reception staff and breakfast staff each and every day, she even calls them her friends!! Breakfast was included in the price and offered a full and varied range of foods everyday. The location is perfect, 5 minutes fro the beach, many restaurants close by , favorites of ours are Kais, the red onion and two chefs. Be sure to catch the market at the temple 10 minutes up the road which is on twice a week on a Tuesday and a Saturday.
In summary we cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, we are already planning our next trip there!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank paul l
Management77, Public Relations Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear paul l,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review. Your thoughts and suggestions will help readers to make an informed decision on their next holiday destination. I particularly liked your comments on your baby girl love to make friend with our staffs.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kob Khun Kah
Chompoo

Reviewed August 29, 2012

As I am a handy capped person I found all the staff more than willing to help if needed,my room staff were angels.the fact that the hotel is so near to beach ,markets and shops were not difficult to find.I would return to the Centara and advise my friends and family to try it.

Room Tip: we found 6th and 8th really good with nice views
2  Thank colleenm939
Management77, General Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Sawasdee Colleenm939,
thank you for providing a review on trip advisor.
I am sure any readers, especially those with a disability will appreciate your sharing and Im delighted to read that our staff and our resort were able to support and assist in your excellent holiday experience.
Thank you for sharing.
safe travels

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have recently just stayed at Centara Karon for our thrid consecutive year. I love teh Tropicale wing of this hotel. It is nice and quiet and the rooms are lovely. The tropical swimming pool is great for lounging around and has a swim up bar that does drinks and snacks. We had the buffet breakfast included with our room and is well worth it. It is delicious! We managed to fill up at breakfast and then just have a mid afternoon snack and went out for dinner at night time. My partner had his birthday during our stay and we received a complimentary cocktail, and birhtday card and someone speeled out happy birthday in flower petals onto the bed - such a lovely gesture. My partner was also sick during our stay (nothing to do with the hotel or phuket) and the housekeeping were exceptionally helpful with supplying us with extra items we requried and providing our room cleaning service around when he was sick. Would definitley stay here again!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the Tropicale wing are very far form teh traffic noises and outside noises, although you will have to walk to the far end of the hotel to reach this area.
5  Thank spunkymonkey07
Management77, Public Relations Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear spunkymonkey07,

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide Trip Advisor readers your thoughts on your recent stay. With so many readers on a forum such as this, feedback for both potential holiday makers and us the resort is important. Whilst we strive to improve our shortcomings it is equally appreciated to receive reviews re-enforcing our efforts, such as yours. I look forward to sharing your thoughts with the team.

Kind Regards