“Excellent food & service at Blue Elephant Phuket”

Blue Elephant Phuket
Reserve with Chope
Blue Elephant Phuket is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 980 Restaurants in Phuket Town
Price range: US$20 - US$133
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Royal Thai Cuisine now available in Phuket Town in the century old, Sino-Portuguese Governor Mansion. Open daily for lunch & dinner. Function rooms available. Reservations recommended. Cooking classes for individuals and groups.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

My partner booked us dinner at Blue Elephant last night to celebrate my 33rd birthday. It was an excellent choice. We ordered mixed entree and the degustation of five main courses. Food was amazingly beautiful and mouth watering. Khun Hah was our waitress and she's done a great job. Very professional and always wearing a lovely smile. We definitely want to go back.

Cons: wine lists are very pricy but ok for special occasions.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank GolfieSuwanbodee

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Nice environment and tasty local foods (not super amazed tho)
But the portion of the meal is small, so it is relatively expensive
Most of the staff are nice and professional
Feels like we are paying for the service and the environment more than the foods

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank teresammok
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Restaurant is situated in former Governors residence in Phuket town. Decor raised memories of faded glory.
The food was acceptable but nowhere near excellence of former years but still a big improvement on Blue Elephant Paris and London.
I had signature dish chicken green curry which was acceptable. My wife had lamb curry which was less so.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Considering this is a culinary school it was underwhelming, especially for the (very high) price. And the waitress in our area was stood in full view of customers picking her nails! The building is stunning, but they seem to rely on that too much. You can get better food from street vendors.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 30, 2018

Coming from the UK and pre-booking this as a special occasion birthday for my husband, I was excited to go here as a surprise for him. I notified the restaurant that it was my husband’s Birthday and asked whether they could organise a surprise dessert/cake for him. I noted as we arrived, that a note was made against my name that is was ‘husband’s birthday’, so was confident that they had acknowledged my request. However, when we arrived, we were not made welcome, the service was very average and we were not told what each dish was as it arrived. We had to top our own wine up and nothing arrived to mark my husband’s birthday!! The only plus was that the food was good. If we went to a restaurant of this supposed quality in the UK we would be made to feel special, well not so at the Blue Elephant. If you want special occasion treatment then I would avoid this restaurant, if you just purely want a good but expensive meal, then your fine.

Date of visit: March 2018