We stayed here with our 2.5 year old and absolutely loved it.
The first half of our holiday in Bali, we stayed in Kuta for the shopping and nightlife. Knowing that would get tiring, we chose to split the break into two separate mini-holidays and make the last half more of a quiet retreat and the Sekar Nusa Villas were perfect for that purpose.
On the downside, the hotel isn't new - my guess would be around 15-20 years and therefore looks a little "tired" compared to some of the very new neighbours. It's still clean and well maintained, just don't go expecting a funky modern apartment.
It's also a bit out of the way and doesn't really have any shops, restaurants or entertainment within walking distance. Since we wanted peace and quiet, this was perfect for our little family but if you like walking to nightlife and shopping, don't stay here.
And probably the biggest downside for us was the lack of reliability of internet. When it worked, it was fine. But it was extremely unreliable and would simply not work for hours at a time. Since we had already been in Bali for a week when we arrived at the Sekar Nusa Villas, both my partner and I were having withdrawal symptoms from the connected world - so the lack of the convenient "on all the time" internet we have at home was a bit frustrating. Having said that, it forced us to not get tied up with work while we were away, so it was probably a blessing in disguise. Seriously though, if you need to access reliable internet while you're in Bali, I wouldn't recommend staying here unless you have a backup plan.
The positives include a spacious villa with its own private plunge pool as well as a big shower and separate bath tub (big enough for all three of us!) - and being the hot, humid wet season, all these water options were just fantastic.
The hotel also has two large pools - one deep one with an infinity edge overlooking a stunning view of the east coast of Bali and a shallow (75cm) but huge kids pool that gets its water via a waterfall from the infinity edge of the adults pool 3 or 4 metres above. We swam in both and although the kids pool had an unusual amount of floating debris (I guess you get that when a pool is surrounded by thick gardens), both were clean, warm and a wonderful option for the couple of times we felt like something bigger than our private pool.
The staff were friendly and competent.
Even though the several other reviews on Trip Advisor are correct in suggesting that the buffet breakfast is relatively limited, it's only limited compared to some of the huge spreads the big chains offer. If you're used to a basic continental breakfast in small hotels and motels, the 6 hot dishes of the day and "eggs on show" cooked to order combined to be more than adequate for our week at the Sekar Nusa Villas.
All in all, a lovely, quiet retreat high on a hilltop with a very pleasant view and private, adequately appointed villas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sekar Nusa Villas is “Flower of the Island” a low key luxury resort. Inspired by traditional Balinese architecture, Sekar Nusa Villas set to be one of the most exquisite villas in the traditional village of Nusa Dua. It is perched high on a hill with Indian Ocean view. There are 24 Padma Jacuzzi Villas, 22 Sekar Pool Villas, 6 Nusa Suite (2 Bedroom ocean view villa with pool, living, dining & lounge area) and 1 unit Sandat villa ( 1 Bedroom 2 storey villa with pool, living room & kitchenette). Sekar Nusa Villas is perfectly suited to families, honeymooners, wedding venue and pre-wedding venue, providing the exclusive, privacy of your own villa in serene setting the whole resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sekar Nusa Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sekar Nusa Villas Hotel Ungasan
- Sekar Nusa Resort
- Sekar Nusa Villas Bali/Ungasan