We arrived at just after 11 and were welcomed with a nice fruit drink. We asked if we could have a drink at the bar before retiring for the night but were informed that the restaurant etc closed at 11. Ok, no problem we thought, mini bar and sit in our jacuzzi.
Wrong. Bar fridge was empty, not even a cold water. Jacuzzi didn't work, bad start.
Next morning went up the brekfast, expecting a nice buffet arrangement.
Wrong. Had to order a la carte off a VERY limited menu. Eggs were ok, but fruit was terrible and "bacon" inedible. No a/c in the open air dining area and no fans, making for an uncomfortable experience along with the very dissapointing breakfast.
Ok, let's go to the pool. Enjoy a swim, water looked nice and clean. We could enjoy a bit of a swim and some service from the pool bar for the morning.
Wrong. No towels, pool bar didn't open, no one came near us. Pool was filthy with algae and grime all around.
Let's explore around the grounds and maybe get a massage.
Wrong. Spa centre was deserted, didn't look like it had been opened or used in YEARS. Pizzeria / coffee shop equally deserted, looked like the pizza oven had been used last 10 years ago. Vegetation was growing inside.
Might go to the concierge and ask about travel and look around the reception and get a book to read.
Wrong. No brochures (I mean have you even been in a hotel that has no trip brochures, ever, not me, always a first I guess). Didn't want to help, not interested. At least there was a book in the library, and by a book, I mean 1 book.
Reception area is pretty standard but no fans and is hot. So you have to arrange a taxi to go anywhere as this place is not close to anything. Need a beer? Taxi to get some. Shopping taxi.
Don't get me wrong. If you want to stay somewhere where you get no service and don't want to do anything or never get bothered, then this is the place. Enjoy bland food and being hot and bothered, stay here.
But if you want to enjoy your stay, there are much better places to spend your money
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sekar Nusa Villas is “Flower of the Island” a low key luxury resort. Inspired by traditional Balinese architecture, Sekar Nusa Villas set to be one of the most exquisite villas in the traditional village of Nusa Dua. It is perched high on a hill with Indian Ocean view. There are 24 Padma Jacuzzi Villas, 22 Sekar Pool Villas, 6 Nusa Suite (2 Bedroom ocean view villa with pool, living, dining & lounge area) and 1 unit Sandat villa ( 1 Bedroom 2 storey villa with pool, living room & kitchenette). Sekar Nusa Villas is perfectly suited to families, honeymooners, wedding venue and pre-wedding venue, providing the exclusive, privacy of your own villa in serene setting the whole resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Sekar Nusa Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sekar Nusa Villas Hotel Ungasan
- Sekar Nusa Resort
- Sekar Nusa Villas Bali/Ungasan