We arrived after lunch after staying at a wonderful resort in Ubud. At a glance the hotel appeared welcoming and well presented. A sweet fruit drink was provided at check in and we were then escorted to our villa with jacuzzi. It was everything I had seen online and initially I was very impressed. The adjoining bathroom made in stone was amazing and large so we settled into our room and decided to have room service for dinner ..... at around 6pm we checked out the in room menu ...how exciting it was to see Snapper and chips on the menu and fried banana with icecream. After numerous attempts to get someone to answer the phone on all internal lines we finally got a hold of reception to now come and fix our tv which wasnt working and then put us through to the restaurant. Snapper and chips on its way but sorry no icecream today... ok pass on the pudding... About an hour later the room service arrived and snapper was crispy dry although the chips were edible. and a tiny deep fried battered banana on a plate. Attempted to ring room service again... 15 minutes later... Sorry we did not want the banana desert with no icecream.. "You not like" no we didnt want it with no icecream "we have no icecream" I know was our response thats why we didnt want it. etc Disappointed but time for a hot shower and bed... no hot water... lets ring maintenance... 15 minutes later call was answered by reception again... 30 minutes later maintenance fix hot water.... This was a sign of things to come. never mind tomorrow is another day... that night a strange sewer smell started coming from our bathroom...Breakfast included in our stay was in the restaurant... with an unmanned egg station and buffet ethnic food and cordial in a decanter. A la carte is available but they dont advertise it and once again the breakfast was mediocre at best. My husband did not eat breakfast for the duration of the stay due to the standard and room service was not an option. We wouldnt of paid for such a poor meal, and despite our complaints the staff would not entertain the idea that the food was bad. We didnt pay for the deep fried banana's which were not eaten. Although the staff were helpful their english was minimal. Every night the odour from our bathroom was getting stronger and more pungent to the point where it was waking me from sleep. Although we complained we were told that housekeeping will look into it and we would then return to a room doused with air freshener. Yes I wanted to leave on the first night but I cant say it was unbearable it just wasnt as good as it could have been. There were pros however, based in Nusa Dua this is a cheaper hotel but it is still closer to the beach. We were able to get around via scooter because there isnt so much traffic and we found an amazing restaurant 1km away in front of the beach The grill restaurant ...so ate there every night. Bali Collection for shopping was also close and enjoyed the massages, fish pedicure and lunches found there. Oh yes and the pool although not as cold as I would like was great for morning laps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sekar Nusa Villas is “Flower of the Island” a low key luxury resort. Inspired by traditional Balinese architecture, Sekar Nusa Villas set to be one of the most exquisite villas in the traditional village of Nusa Dua. It is perched high on a hill with Indian Ocean view. There are 24 Padma Jacuzzi Villas, 22 Sekar Pool Villas, 6 Nusa Suite (2 Bedroom ocean view villa with pool, living, dining & lounge area) and 1 unit Sandat villa ( 1 Bedroom 2 storey villa with pool, living room & kitchenette). Sekar Nusa Villas is perfectly suited to families, honeymooners, wedding venue and pre-wedding venue, providing the exclusive, privacy of your own villa in serene setting the whole resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Sekar Nusa Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sekar Nusa Villas Hotel Ungasan
- Sekar Nusa Resort
- Sekar Nusa Villas Bali/Ungasan