Husband and I stayed at the Sekar Nusa Villas for 4 nights in September 2017 in a basic Padwa villa. Staff are lovely and helpful however as previously noted by other reviewers, this hotel needs some serious maintenance doing, particularly to the two swimming pools which have so much potential. You can see this was once a lovely intimate resort in its day, so it's a shame it has not been maintained and updated. The hotel is situated on a hill and the restaurant terrace has a great view over towards the ocean, which is a 10 - 15 minute downhill walk (steep if you are thinking of walking back!). Our traditional style villa set in well maintained/pretty gardens, was clean, although tired looking, and everything worked; the shower was great, the bed & pillows were very clean/comfortable. Having stayed in an up market beach resort for 3 days, we found the Air Con to be quieter and more efficient at the Sekar Nusa Villa!
However, that is all the positive feedback we can provide. The guests all go elsewhere so the public areas were empty/soulless most of the time. The bar temporarily ran out of beer and the food served in the restaurant was of incredulously poor quality and badly cooked. Breakfast was very limited, however, if you can manage with toast or croissant and a slice of melon, you will be fine. There is the option of eggs, an Asian breakfast or American breakfast, however we found these to be of very poor quality. The coffee and tea were left to stew so we recommend you take a travel kettle (the one provided in the room was very dirty), tea bags/coffee. Our suggestion to the breakfast staff that they should just provide the tea bag/coffee and hot water, rather than just leave half a dozen tea bags in a pot for a couple of hours, was lost in translation we think. The fruit juices are synthetic and fluorescent coloured.
Overall, if you get a really great cheap rate and go there expecting budget accommodation, you can get by via eating out and by using the facilities of other establishments. The Nusa Dua Beach Grill, 10 minutes away, served tasty food, including breakfast, at a good price and they will give you a free ride back to your hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sekar Nusa Villas is “Flower of the Island” a low key luxury resort. Inspired by traditional Balinese architecture, Sekar Nusa Villas set to be one of the most exquisite villas in the traditional village of Nusa Dua. It is perched high on a hill with Indian Ocean view. There are 24 Padma Jacuzzi Villas, 22 Sekar Pool Villas, 6 Nusa Suite (2 Bedroom ocean view villa with pool, living, dining & lounge area) and 1 unit Sandat villa ( 1 Bedroom 2 storey villa with pool, living room & kitchenette). Sekar Nusa Villas is perfectly suited to families, honeymooners, wedding venue and pre-wedding venue, providing the exclusive, privacy of your own villa in serene setting the whole resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sekar Nusa Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sekar Nusa Villas Hotel Ungasan
- Sekar Nusa Resort
- Sekar Nusa Villas Bali/Ungasan