Book In Advance
Tours from Hooves - Guided tours on horseback tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Hooves - Guided tours on horseback
from US$71.99
from US$77.13
from US$89.92
More Info
All reviews private ride experienced riders riding experience rescue horses swimming in the ocean race track trot and canter our honeymoon amazing experience recommend this trip change of clothes bucket list take pictures ocho rios private guide buy something for sale
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

I had a great ride on Skipper with Derrick as my guide. I was surprised to learn so much history on the tour. Derrick even took my GoPro to record my ride for me and get some great photos! The horses seem well cared for and ride well - the majority being rescues. I am a novice rider who has never ridden an English saddle and I felt comfortable. Nothing describes when your horse takes off in the ocean! The beach is private and beautiful. If you are looking for a unique excursion - look no further! Also - it was the cleanest port-a-potty I have ever seen. I was a bit nervous about changing in a port-a-potty in Jamaica - but it was cleaner than more restrooms in the US.

tomhooves, Owner at Hooves - Guided tours on horseback, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2018

Thanks for writing. The reviews means so much to us in our little business. Happy trails.

Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

First and foremost, Nicolo made our trip Amazing! He was hands down the best guide I've ever had on an excursion! I was scared when I first got on my horse because it is English saddles. Nicolo guided me with his horse and I immediately felt safe! Words cannot say how awesome he was. He is also probably the best horse rider I've ever seen and I could tell he loved the horses and they loved him. Hooves, you need to hold on to him and never let him go. Just an amazing person. We spent all of our cash at the beach and did not have the opportunity to tip him. We would like to send him his tip via mail if you could please let us know the address, that would be great! Please!

About the tour! People, you are riding your horse in the water! Through a historical site and plantation. What more can I say. We galloped in the water and felt totally safe. Sharon on the beach was such a sweet heart and we got the most beautiful shells from Charlie!

Hands down one of the best things I've done in my life. Cannot wait to come back! Thank you Nicolo for everything!!! Couldn't have done it without you❤️

tomhooves, Owner at Hooves - Guided tours on horseback, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review. So happy that you had a good time and Nicholi did a good job. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

Let me get the negative out of the way first....SHARON!!

She harassed my wife for money to the point where it became very uncomfortable. I understand the need for tipping the employees but this was beyond acceptable. We purchased some gifts from one of the vendors and tipped out our guides, but when she saw we had cash...SHE ATTACKED. It was unreal. It got to the point where when we tipped our guides, we had to do so in secret. It was literally the only negative of the trip. If the staff reads this, please eliminate her from the experience.

Ok so on to the good. This was a one of a kind experience. Riding the horses through the ocean is something I can't even describe.

Our tour guide Mario was awesome!!!! He was friendly and had a great sense of humor.

Thank you very much for your review. You talked and we listened. Sharon is no longer with us. The attitude that she showed to you cannot be tolerated and lets the staff and our little company down. Thank you also for giving us a good review for the rest of your visit and we hope to see you again. Happy trails

Reviewed December 6, 2017

This was historical and FUN. Taking the horses into the Sea and running, which they love, was something I have never experienced. This is a once in a life time thing. We started with getting to know our horses, then trailed thru the local grounds until we reached the Sea. Stopped for a short break and drink. Viewed some local items for sale. I actually purchased some iron wood items:).Then into the Sea we went. If you are not a rider, trust the guides!!! they will make sure you have a successful and enjoyable excursion. Buy the CD.. it's worth it and it helps the locals. There was a bit of a wait while the horses recovered but that just gave time to talk to the locals, which is very interesting. There is only a porta potty at the beginning of the ride, use it. No other bathrooms available. The guides were excellent!!

tomhooves, Owner at Hooves - Guided tours on horseback, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Hello and thank you for your wonderful review. Reviews are so important to us to keep us on the saddle with our quality control. Most of our staff have been with us for a long time and are as a family working together the be the best. Do come again when next you visit and once again. Thank you from all of us

Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

Visited Hooves almost a week ago on my Jamaican vacation in Ocho Rios. The venue itself was beautiful and also has a great story where they constantly take in homeless or abused horses.

My girlfriend and I took advantage of the free private tour excursion that came with our hotel package. This entitles you to a private guide and the ability to trot and canter (for experienced riders only). This is followed by some fun in the water where you ride horseback 30-50 feet off the coast in water that nearly comes up to your waist.

It seemed that the guide we had and the other staff members here, generally care for these horses.

The only downfall and what would prevent me from going back was a vendor named Sharon. She runs a snack and beverage shop on the beach right where you stop for a break to allow the horses to rest. It is one thing to continually offer and push overpriced drinks to tourists, but after you cave and buy something- she claims she has no change! This is a simple strategy where she manipulates the good will of tourists and attempts to take advantage of them.

Shame on you Sharon! You can’t honestly expect to run a shop without having a till of money to break larger bills.

She eventually provided change after three people in our group were treated the same way and insisted for our change.

Recommendation to Hooves - regulate this! If they want to be on the beach on your trail ride, make sure these vendors don’t rip off your customers. It left a bad taste in my mouth about this tourist attraction and is no way to do business.

Sharon, if you read this - do business the honest way. If you con people out of their money, they’re not going to be repeat buyers. You not only damaging Hooves but Jamaica.

tomhooves, Owner at Hooves - Guided tours on horseback, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Thank you for your detailed review of our attraction I must apologize for Sharon’s behavior and assure you that strong disciplinary action has been taken to insure that this behavior will not happen again. We do appreciate all our reviews as we strive to improve our small business. All that’s good.