A lovely hotel with fantastic staff, super friendly and welcoming. If you want a taste of the real Maldives, away from the world of constant selfies and over over the top prices, come to Gan island.
The hotel staff are some of the friendliest we have met, and we travel all over the world. We wanted to check out the Maldives for a few days, whilst having a break in Sri Lanka. You can fly direct from Colombo and its cheaper than from Male.
You can go for bike rides, which is really fun and very easy as its the flattest country in the world, we ate with the locals who we met on the plane over, had great day trips (bushy island has some of the best and safest snorkelling in the Maldives, its utterly magical with electric blue and turquoise waters).
Its not a 5 star, snobby place, in fact its quite down to earth, the food isn't 5 star, but its pretty good, especially if you try the local food and if you like fresh fish, then perfect. The guests we met were friendly too and the manager even sorted out an island trip inclusive as we were to miss the scheduled one. I never normally bother to write reviews, but because the people there were so lovely, we wanted to put in a good word.
I'd say, 5-7 days is perfect, especially if your popping over from Sri Lanka. So if you think your Victoria Beckham or Liam Gallagher, don't bother, if your more like Ed Sheehan or Adele, you will love it...
Btw, the dolphin trip is amazing, we saw pods of hundreds of dolphins swimming right with us for over half an hour and with crystal clear waters its awesome :) x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Equator Village spa resort- the alluring tropical beauty of Addu Atoll. Nestled in one of the largest, most interestingly formed and historically rich atolls of Maldives, an exotic adventure begins the moment you start your journey from INIA to Gan International Airport. This is not your typical Maldivian resort; this is an equatorial escape into a land of culture and nature entwined together ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Equator Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Equator Village Hotel Gan
- Equator Village Seenu Atoll