All reviewsbeach villapool barf b managerfishother resortssignature restaurantmaldivian cuisinetasting menuswing chairwagyu beeffine dining restaurantsea basstalented cheffresh fruithead chefspecial thanksthe general manager
Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

Superb resort, excellent service, very good food.
We enjoyed it for relaxation. The spa is high level, every villa with private pool.
The team working here si very nice and extremely well trained to provide the best service.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Green S
Reviewed November 10, 2017

We spent ten days in October on Milaidhoo and enjoyed every moment. This is such a beautiful luxurious resort. From the pick-up at Male airport and the airport lounge we felt welcome and at home. Our villas (we stayed first in a water-villa and then in a beach villa) were wonderful, so spacious and with sunbed, daybed, hammock it is a difficult choice where to relax. Also the staff, the Milaidhoo family, is wonderful and so friendly. Eating is superb at all restaurants and the bar - the cooks are real artists. And Lana, our island host, did everything for us and was so entertaining and inspiring. All that made our time on Milaidhoo so great. We will surely come back.

Room Tip: We had first a water villa (sunset) and then beach villa 214 (morning sun) with good privacy and beautiful trees.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Friedemann2014
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Everything was fantastic, the staff were the best, very friendly, professional and and made us feel at home, the food was also amazing especially the breakfast and the accommodation was perfect, will definitely go back

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Gemma W
Reviewed November 5, 2017

I can honestly say that the 2 precious weeks my husband and I spent on the beautiful island of Milaidhoo were the most relaxing I can remember.
To add some context, we go the Maldives every year and have stayed 3 times at the 2 Four Seasons properties, Shangrila, Banyan Tree amongst others.
Milaidhoo is a very special hotel, with a soul, that takes 5 star experience to a whole new level. Although it is a small island, it does not feel so. The rooms are well spaced out so there is quite enough privacy for those who don't want to feel like they are on top of everyone else.
We stayed in a beach villa. I am an interior designer from London and these villas are simply wonderful. The materials used to construct them include local Maldivian woods, with a luxurious but sympathetic and original design that lends itself to pure relaxation the minute you walk through the door. And everything has been thought about, from the fabulous pillows, the binoculars for spotting dolphins from your room to the two different types of bathrobe of the very best quality. The view from bed and from the deck over the pool to the sea is just fabulous. After a 15 hour journey standing in your villa and looking around feels like you are living in a dream no matter how many beautiful hotels you have stayed in.

I will comment on a few aspects of the hotel we thought were important:

Spa:
The Spa is small with all the treatment rooms overlooking the sea but perfect for deeply relaxing massages of all the types you would expect if you are a massage buff like me and reasonably spoilt with holidays in wonderful hotels with top quality spas. This one will not disappoint. Stephanie is kind and genuine and a very effective manager.

Activities:
Diving: The very latest equipment and a very experienced and highly competent dive instructor Susana and her team from Ocean Stories. To start with, we did a refresher dive with her close to the beach and she understood that I was not that confident diving and she expertly eased me into the water again, giving me the confidence I needed.
Diving at Milaidhoo is great because of the amazing array of marine species to be found in this bio reserve of the Baa Atol and is located near Hanifaru Bay where it is possible to see hundreds of mantas, turtles, napoleons etc... Even if you don't dive, there are other excursions you can do with the hotel boat. On one of our first days there we joined the manta snorkelling trip which takes you to nearby Hanifaru Bay. Sadly we didn't see any mantas but as we were turning back for home we were surrounded by a pod of dolphins. It was such an amazing sight and they were swimming so close to the boat you could almost reach down and touch them. And there, right at the bow of the boat was a mother and her baby, no bigger than my forearm bravely swimming next to her. It was such a beautiful sight, I had tears in my eyes. And that is what Milaidhoo is all about.

Staff:
The one very large and important difference Milaidhoo has that sets it apart from it's competitors are the people that are there to look after you and this is what made our vacation unforgettable. My husband and I have never met such an incredible team of people who not only knew who we were (which these days one always expects) but they were happy to see us, treated us like we were VIP guests ALL THE TIME, and they were not only being polite. We were so touched by this.

Wisam the reservations manager was first person to greet us and he left a lasting impression on us as an intelligent, experienced and dynamic person. He was also genuinely interested in getting to know us and making our stay perfect.
A special thanks to Dimu, the Food and Beverage manager who understood and shares our love for wine and opened so may wonderful bottles that surprised us from around the world.
Another thanks to Mr. Justus, who made our breakfast every morning better than great. A wonderful person.
Another thanks to Kude who cleaned our room every day and who procured us some extra special virgin coconut oil from his own island and gave it to us as a present.

There is one person in particular I would like to talk about however, and that is the head chef of all the restaurants, Jaidee Suwito. His talent and knowledge about food of so many different cuisines from European to Asian is deeply impressive. He personally looked after all our culinary needs while we were there.
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING was too much trouble for him. We have never met a chef of his outstanding calibre who is so down to earth, genuinely caring and so much fun to be around. He has real respect of every member of staff that works with him.
We chose the Gourmet Meal Plan and every day he would ask us what we would like to have for dinner. On one evening he prepared us a special Indonesian satay dinner which like all the other times he started preparing the day before, including climbing a coconut tree to make the satay sticks. His presence at Milaidhoo makes the hotel a shining star. He made our stay a whole different experience we would fly to any hotel in the world if he was there.

Food:
I have touched on this briefly above, but the food at Milaidhoo is really quite special.
The array of items on display at breakfast I have never seen before. If you like cheese, you are in luck ;) There is an entire counter devoted just to this with cheeses flown in from France and other places. All the pastries and breads are freshly made by the chefs in the kitchens in the latest cutting edge ovens-nothing frozen here. Incredible fresh juices and fruit, sushi, and everything else you could possibly imagine, and if it's not there, don't worry the chefs will cook it for you.
For me, good food is one of the greatest pleasures in life and I have done my best in my 41 years on this planet to enjoy good restaurants -Michelin starred ones across Europe and so it was such a surprise and a pleasure to find this same quality on a 300 meter island in the Indian Ocean-ridiculous!

Restaurants:

Ba'theli
The beautiful dohni restaurant is a special feature of the hotel.
The chef Sivath (Seabass) has created a fabulous menu of Maldivian haute-cuisine, but his talents reach much further than that. He is supremely talented at sushi making, his plating is so beautiful I had to photograph it. Needless to say he has is own cookery show.

Teppanyaki Grill
A fabulous knife show and wonderful food cooked by another talented chef.
Just so you know, (as with many other things you will find on the menu), Jaidee flys in the the Wagyu beef fresh from Australia and the minute it lands in Male its put on the supply boat and brought directly to the island. The lobster is all locally caught and cooked on the grill with sake -something you just have to try. I can't explain it. For those of you who choose the Gourmet Meal Plan, this is all included.

Ocean
This is the main restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with an array of wonderful Asian and European food in a relaxed atmosphere.

Jaidee is always popping from one restaurant to the other in the evenings so you will be sure to see him.

Our holiday was in August/September, and so I apologise for writing this review rather late but we are still thinking about what an amazing time we had which was made all the more special by the beauty of the island, the fabulous rooms, the food, and above all, the staff. Thank you very much for a holiday we will never forget. We cannot wait to see you all again.

Mandana and Pierre

P.S Thank you very much to Richard and his team from Purely Maldives who expertly advised us on this trip -they are very knowledgeable about the Maldives and we will book with them every time.

Room Tip: Beach Villas are the best
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank haribo97
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

The ultimate island experience!!
From the moment you arrive at Male airport to the departure gate the family at Milaidhoo was simply incredible. This is the best island/hotel/resort we have ever been to in the 20yrs we have travelled the globe. If you are looking for ultimate get away from it all Milaidhoo is it. They have thought of everything.
Wonderful, wonderful staff and natural beauty everywhere. We are already saving to go back.
Milaidhoo we love you!