The only reason this hotel isn't my first 5-star rating is because management here decided to cancel the kid's mini-disco, without warning, bringing our little boy to tears. Despite sending a letter to management (in Spanish) while at the hotel, no apology was received. Other bad points: the location of the hotel isn't that great either, about 2 miles from Alcudia proper. The road outside the hotel is lethal...a dual carriageway with no crossing, so be careful...typical Spanish urban and road planning! However, there are lots of non-descript local bars and restaurants around and a couple of tatty rip-off shops across the road (watch out for the shop across the road -- think it was a SPAR--selling out of date products). The gym is also pretty rubbish.
Everything else about this place is fantastic! The beach is out of this world, so too is the food and the entertainment. All of the mostly German entertainment and Star club staff were fantastic, although overworked and undervalued by management. We especially loved the special touch when Smiley the dog came to our room to welcome us on arrival. Our little boy was going on about Smiley for weeks afterwards! The rooms are very spacious and modern, and the food is better than any in the 5 or so similarly marketed 4/5 hotels we've stayed in over the past few years, with a very good mixture of Spanish, Majorcan and international foods, cava a fresh patisserie at breakfast and a good variety of show cooking. It was substantially better than the food in the Playa de Muro hotel next door, and a much better atmosphere too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa de Muro is a veritable paradise on Earth and the IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro Village is an amazing hotel that offers the best ambiance and services to spend some perfect days in this marvellous part of the island of Mallorca. Rest and relaxation are guaranteed at the Playa de Muro Village hotel: from the Superior Double rooms to the Suites there’s a whole host of idyllic spaces for relaxation and comfort, including a varied pillow menu that you can choose from. The SPA Sensations is the place for those who are looking for a bit of peace and quiet, while the Gust restaurant is for lovers of haute cuisine. Children will also be delighted at the Playa de Muro Village hotel. Waiting for them here is a Miniclub with expert instructors with whom they’ll do all kinds of activities, games, pastimes, sports and that will fill their days with pleasant emotions. Plus, the hotel features direct access to Playa de Muro, six restaurants, three bars, a chill out zone, entertainment, outdoor pools for children and adults, free premium Wi-Fi, a new fitness centre, tennis courts and the most complete facilities for cyclists (with a capacity for up to 1,200 bicycles). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa De Muro Village Hotel Playa De Muro
- Playa De Muro Iberostar
- IBEROSTAR Playa De Muro Village Spain - Majorca