4,890 results
All reviews lobby bar jw marriott phuket blue bar siam deli andaman grill kids club japanese restaurant cooking school ginja taste mandara spa north pool health club turtle village breakfast buffet adult pool cooking class tennis courts
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

in next month I am travelling to Phuket via Bangkok, I would like to know about the process of immigration ( visa on arrival), where to appear for it either Bangkok airport or direct at Phuket airport, require information about it

Trip type: Travelled with family
MYSutter, General Manager at JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear aswinsanghvi,
Please send us an e-mail to Petchari.P@marriott.com and we are more then happy assisting you.
Also please share with us your nationality as there are different requirements.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This was my 8th stay at the Marriott and every year it just gets better & better. Kim /Pim from house keeping thank you for all the hard work and many thanks for the animals you left in the room every day, On the whole all the hotel staff were welcoming and friendly.
Special thanks to the stall at the Marriott cafe for the excellent service Ilya, Ant and Tan and the rest of the staff, to many to name, but thank you for 14 fantastic days. A special thank you to chef Chanapamgc for the truly Michelin star food, it was amazing.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Gillian C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful comment. I am happy to share it with my team during our upcoming Town-hall meeting.
Once again thank you! And we are looking very much forward to welcoming you back.
sincerely,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Just stayed for my second time in 3 years and this place never disappoints .It would be one of the greatest places that I have stayed in. The rooms are beautiful with everything you could want, huge bathroom, plenty of room inside the suite, the comfiest bed I have had the pleasure to sleep on and the room is cleaned perfectly every day, the little things done so elegantly. The food is divine from breakfast, to lunch in the deli to dinner in many of the restaurants and the friendly, attentive staff are unbelievable. The Thai people are just such beautiful people, you have to find out for yourself. The pools are awesome and has a beautiful long beach at the doorstep were I paddle boarded everyday all to myself[heaven]. I just cant say enough about our wonderful 5 days here relaxing and feeling like a king .Ill be back for sure

Room tip: All rooms are magic
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear brent w,
Thank you for your warm feedback and that you have taken the time to give us the maximum rating; Wonderful!!!
We wish you all the best for the festive season and a fabulous start into 2019.

Reviewed November 13, 2018

My eight friends and I just want to share our experiences at the hotel after a dramatic and traumatic end to a sailing holiday we (should have) had off Phuket Thailand. To cut a long story short our yacht was struck by lightning, caught fire and sank leaving us literally owning the clothes we were wearing.
We were advised to check in at the JW Marriott Phuket Resort and Spa and what a wonderful recommendation that was. From the moment we arrived Matthias, the GM, his customer relations manager Mio and the Front Desk Lead, who's name unfortunately I cannot remember, along with the rest of the staff (who had obviously been briefed on our situation) could not possibly have been more welcoming, friendly and supportive.
Most of us had no passports, no paperwork and no credit cards or cash and regardless of this the focus from all of Matthias's staff was to get us settled and make us as comfortable as possible. Facilities were made available to us to make essential calls to the British Embassy and others and to process the seemingly endless amount of paperwork generated by the incident. This wonderful support certainly helped to de-stress us all.
Unfortunately we didn't have chance to fully enjoy all of the facilities the hotel had to offer but I cannot say enough about the support we received from Matthias and his team. This didn't end even when we had left the resort as they helped us set up accommodation in Bangkok and even kept in touch when we had got back to our home in Malaysia to ensure we were all well.

We will definitely be back for a proper holiday

Room tip: Garden views are just as comfortable as sea views and the garden itself is impressive
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Chinatkinson
MYSutter, General Manager at JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Chinatkinson,

Wonderful to hear from you and your lovely feedback certainly brings unexpected and valuable memories back.
Our life guards have saved a couple guest's life, since I came to Phuket and I always say: "What is more pressures then when you can save a human life?" Obviously your situation was far from that but having the chance to look after guests is a blessing and even more so for those who have been struck by unfortunate fate (or like your boat by lightning). It was an unfortunate circumstance which brought you to the JW Marriott Phuket but it gave us the chance to meet and assisting you at our best capability. My team and I area looking very much forward welcoming you and your partner back anytime, just drop me a line.
Wish you the best quality time for the festive season and a fabulous start into 2019!

Reviewed November 12, 2018

We visited JW Marriott in early October 2018 with our two young children and had a fabulous stay in this beautiful resort. First of all, my daughter is a mosquito magnet and she did not get a single bite from mosquito in this resort, it could be by chance, but it could also be that the resort did a wonderful job preventing the mosquitos, considering it was a high risk season of Dengue fever. (We stayed in another resort on the last night before heading to airport, and we didn't get so lucky there.)

Secondly, all the staffs were child friendly, this is truly the ideal place for family with young children. Anything you can think of a baby or young child needs, you can find it here, such as baby food, cough syrup, tylenol, healthy snack, toys, baby shampoo, baby sunblock, etc. So you feel pretty safe here, no need to worry that you forget to bring stuff from home.

The only cons is that I highly recommend the hotel to better organise the jars of jams at the buffet cause I saw a boy licking the spoon and put it back to the jar... :p Also better put some covers on the bread at the deli.

Overall we had a wonderful stay here, a truly family friendly resort. =)

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear ericachiu0805,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback which I am pleased to share with my team.
Happy to hear that you recognized the preventive mosquito maintenance we do as we fumigate the entire resort twice a week. And yes, your comment about being children friendly is well received and motivates us to continuously strive to stay as one of the leading family hotels in Asia.
In regards to the boy on the breakfast buffet licking the spoon and putting it back.... puts a bit a smile on my face as I may not understand what the jar organization has to do if the boy obviously missed some basic parenting here. However, if I do miss something please share it with me Matthias.sutter@marriott.com as we continuously strive to improve our service on every angle. Thank you!
Last but not least, regarding the bread cover..... I do agree with you that in todays world this may be better off covered and I will explore options in how we could do this tastefully. Appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you and your family again in 2019.
Warm regards and have a fabulous start into 2019.