“Great food in a casual setting”
Review of Firefly

Firefly
Ranked #57 of 249 Restaurants in Choeng Thale
Price range: US$5 - US$46
Description: Discover Firefly, Phuket's place to be, serving contemporary grill specialties with a modern Mediterranean touch, best enjoyed in the airy restaurant or on the shaded teak deck, bordering the impressive pool oasis that lights up after dark with countless "fireflies".
Reviewed April 5, 2018

Firefly is an all day dining option at Pavilions. Our breakfast was served here every day as a half buffet and half à la carte for hot food. We also ate here for dinner on our first night. Lots of options both Western and Thai, portion sizes were plentiful and service although a little slow was very friendly.

JeanPhilippeJacopin, General Manager at Firefly, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Dear AmesB1993,

I would like first to thank you for visiting our Firefly restaurant for breakfast and dinner. I am pleased that overall your experience was pleasant and despite some slowness in the service you have enjoyed the friendliness of our associates.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Firefly restaurant; our guest's satisfaction is especially important to us as they should always feel welcome and that we want to surprise them and delight them by providing attentive service of the highest quality. It is through constructive comments that we can continuously improve the quality of our customer care and the points raised have been passed to the entire Team for revision.

At The Pavilions Phuket we are hoping to have the great pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed February 16, 2018

When staying in a standard suite, breakfast is served here - many choices, but many Chinese and Indian traveller groups, for whom they cater a separate buffet breakfast. As you can imagine, the noise level is rather high. For daytime snacks at the pool, the menu fulfils all wishes and the employees are attentive.

JeanPhilippeJacopin, General Manager at Firefly, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Dear Ro L,

I would like first to thank you for visiting our firefly restaurant and I am pleased that overall your experience was good. I am sincerely sorry that you felt inconvenienced by some noise during your breakfast time as I myself do understand how important it is to have this privileged moment in the day quite and restful.

At The Pavilions Phuket we are hoping to have the great pleasure of welcoming you sometime soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2018

Went there two times. Very mixed feelings. Some wonderful staff and some very rude. They do serve good tea.

JeanPhilippeJacopin, General Manager at Firefly, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2018

Dear JouniMikael,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing The Pavilions resort for your stay in Phuket. I am truly sorry that we fell so short of your expectations. I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Firefly restaurant. Your comments have been shared with the management team who will take the necessary course of actions to improve the quality of our customer care.

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

Good breakfast, limited options though. Malenie was super friendly and attentive. But again , the staff I mentioned in my post about 360° was here too, and this time it was on your face differential behaviour. Belinda (her name) went around at every single table...greeting guests and all. Passed by our table multiple times but did not come to say hi or even a smile. This is just beyond ridiculous. How could pavilion not see it ? !!!! Utterly upset, angry beyond words.

Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

Had a lunch here with my wife. Impressed about the 2 dishes we had (pad Thai & pork neck) and the dessert was great. The dinner however was a disappointment - especially the grilled fish was the most basic fishball you can think of. I did not like automatically charging 200 baht for water, as well as an automatic 10%, PLUS asking for more tip. The service was great though.

JeanPhilippeJacopin, General Manager at Firefly, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2017

Dear Hulivili,

I would like first to thank you for choosing our restaurant Firefly for your lunch. I am happy that you have appreciated your meal and am very sorry that the dinner did not met your expectations fully.

Unfortunately, in Thailand the law obliges us to add the service charge to the bill, and no additional gratuity should be asked as they are totally left to the customer’s appreciation. Also, I would believe that some misunderstanding must have occurred regarding the water.

I would like to thank you for reviewing our restaurant and for your constructive comments who will be carefully investigated to address the different points you have raised as it is the only way we can constantly improve our customer service and care.