All reviews bang tao beach beautiful pool min walk quiet area guesthouse phuket baht minibar
Reviewed April 5, 2018

I stayed here for two weeks in March 2018. My room was not ready when I arrived even though I arrived one day late (having already told the hotel that I would be checking in a day after my booking started). It was very difficult to communicate with the staff at the hotel. The website I booked with said that staff spoke English and Italian. I am English and was staying there with my Italian friend and we can say for certain that they speak neither. We got by by using single syllable words and hand signals.
The room was very basic and did not live up to the pictures shown on Tripadvisor or similar websites. That said, it was kept clean and towels/bedding were changed daily.
The pool area was disappointing and the bar was closed for the duration of my stay.
The only saving grace was the hotel's proximity to the beach and the cost.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2018

Nice spacious 3rd floor room with fridge/minibar (soft drink 50 baht) and large bathroom, better than expected from the exterior of the hotel. Small balcony too though no real view at the back. Small pretty pool at the front of the hotel is a welcome option if you can't face walking 20-25 min to Bangtao beach and the restaurants there, but of course quieter Surin beach is closer. Only a small sign at the roadside that you need to keep an eye out for.

Room tip: Balconies on front walkways, nice being up a couple of storeys - also further from any chat at the pool. All pretty small/quiet though.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

I think reviews seem a little harsh on this place. It’s very quiet and the cleaners seem to also deal with the customers but who cares? They are lovely and speak good English. We didn’t need anything from them as we worked it out ourselves. It’s a quiet area and had a stunning clean pool which was always quiet when we used it. It’s a 20 minutes walk from bang Tao beach which no one really hears about but is lovely with many beach bars and restaurants. Again, I think the hotel needs to be put into perspective. It does seem less for your money than main land Thailand because mainland Thailand is simply cheaper. The whole of Phuket and surrounding islands are slightly more expensive and you get less for your money. It’s just how it is. Same as any country in the world. We stayed here extra nights as we were so relaxed and hired a bike to whip around Phuket. There’s also a lovely little local restaurant down the road that you won’t find on trip advisor but does the best pad Thai!!!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terri F
Reviewed May 9, 2017 via mobile

We arrived after lots of hassle with finding this place. The sign on the road is rubbed out so you cannot see the name of the hotel. We drove past it many times, this place needs a basic SIGN!
When we arrived we were put on the top floor, which we didn't mind however there is no lift so if you have baggage you may want to request a bottom floor.
Our room was not impressive- it was crawling with ants which were all over the bed and the floors. The air conditioning was leaking LOTS- it made a huge puddle on the floor which we had to mop up with our towels (of which we only had one each).
The bathroom has a horrid smell of human waste when we arrived, which cleared out in a couple of hours. It was not very clean, and we could tell it hadn't been deep cleaned in a while.
Our pillow case had a rip in it too.
This hotel is not in walking distance to anything interesting (shops restaurants etc) so unless you have transport o wouldn't recommend it.

HOWEVER this place is cheap. (We payed 600 per night). So if you are on a tight budget and don't mind a grotty room, then it might be for you
The swimming pool was nice however no sun loungers were available for everyone - only for the ground rooms right next to the swimming pool.
We have stayed at places which were far more enjoyable for the same price so in our opinion it was overpriced and not of a high standard at all.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travel T
Reviewed March 12, 2017

-There are two hotels with the same name, this review refers to the smaller one run by William.
- This the second time I have stayed there, the first time was in April 2016 and more recently in January 2017. My rooms were on the ground floor by the pool.
- The hotel is well managed, the staff are helpful, the rooms are spacious and cleaned every day.
-The small pool is excellent, not used much , very clean and refreshing.
-The best Thai restaurant in the resort for excellent, cheap food is only 150 meters away.
-It is good value for money.
- The only downside is the walk to the beach. previously there was a shortcut so the walk was only ten minutes. Now that the shortcut has been closed, the walk is twenty two minutes. Of course, if you hire a motorbike, it only a few minutes to both Bang Tao and Surin beaches.

Room tip: ground floor next to pool
Date of stay: January 2017