“Saturday night bbq”

Sails Restaurant & Pub
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Join us at Sails and enjoy one of the few waterfront restaurants in Trinidad. Grill and seafood specialties Live Entertainment on Weekends
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

They offer the most delicious grilled meats and FISH right off the grill. Never fails always a delicious meal with some light entertainment as well !

Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

Great for a casual relaxed dinner. Good tasting food , good service. Safe location secure parking and be sure to try the Planter's punch

Reviewed August 12, 2016 via mobile

We have been to Sails last night. There were three of us. We ordered two fish of the day, one barbecue chicken and dessert for ice cream. It was night time so it was hard to see the view in the dark. As far as the atmosphere go, it was ok. Service was slow but not too slow. This might be due to not having enough servers for the amount of tables. The food was good. We all enjoyed our red snapper and the barbecue chicken. If you would like to sit outside and eat seafood, it is a good option. Our rating is more on the 3.5. Give it a try, you might like it.

Reviewed July 30, 2016 via mobile

I cant comment on the food as I visited Saturday 12pm and there was no parking available. Lets start with the rude reception at the security checkpoint. My wife was driving and she promptly stopped and asked "wha yuh want". We replied that we were going to Sails Restaurant. He replied "wat yur numba plaite" After that tete-a-tete' we proceeded towards the restaurant with no additional directions. As we approached a place that looks like a restaurant, as there was no signage, we were met with all parking spaces full and no parking signs where spaces exist. For a supposedly #1 restaurant in Chaguaramas the lack of reserved parking limits their clientele. I guess I have to rent a boat and come in by sea to access this restaurant. In the end we gave up and went Zanzibar where there is always parking.

Reviewed July 2, 2016

I'm a local, and I've been to this restaurant easily over fifty times since its inception. The food is generally good, however, I haven't tried everything on the menu. I keep coming back because it's one of three top places to have a decent meal in Chaguaramas. Up until Zanzibar in Peake marina, I'd have rated Sails as my top choice, even over the Lighthouse restaurant at Crews Inn.
In terms of food, many items are priced for the foreigners that come via yachts (known as yachtees), although surprisingly there are a couple of local dishes. On a normal night, locals take a number of seats, simply because of two main reasons: decent food and being on the waterfront.
The menu has some grill foods, and some more filling but simple dishes. More fanciful dishes can be found at Lighthouse restaurant.
The dishes here aren't cheap either, with the most expensive items being surf and turf. There's an OK selection of wines, and cocktails, but drinks can take long to arrive at the table.
I really like the Geera pork with fries, which I dress with Garlic and pepper sauces. I also really like the Ribs and lasagne. Chicken lovers won't be disappointed either. Pasta lovers can expect pedestrian, non al-dente, unsalted pasta, average sauces, but the veggies and meats/seafood are the star.
On a sour note, the service, like most of Trinidad, is tepid at best. The location is also scourged by mosquitoes and flies, which is why I typically like to dine indoors in the aircondition, but the pool tables in that room are a nuisance. The indoors could better used for indoor dining, as opposed to the sports bar theme, which I've observed caters to a particular crowd. I also find the multiple stairs to be treacherous, not just for me but also for the poor servers bringing the food.
I'll continue to go because the level of food, and the ambience outweigh the service. On a good ending note, Grill nights are great to be outside ! There's also live entertainment too.
Always get the fresh-caught fish !

3  Thank DDI_123