“breathtaking surroundings”
Review of Hotel Tree of Life

Hotel Tree of Life
Ranked #44 of 79 Hotels in Kandy District
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I'm touring Sri Lanka at the mo. and it has been a truly amazing tour so far. Presently I'm based at Colombo (my guide / friend calls it cmb :P) and I just left the beautiful city of Kandy couple of days back, where we checked our selves at Tree of Life.

To summarize it I would use the word "Wow" the location was exquisite!!!! Love the whole green touch and the walks in wood. But I couldn't enjoy it much due to the pouring rain, so most of the time i was looking out from the balcony. I even tried the spa and it was truly refreshing. The masseur was very nice, was giving tips on how to keep my head straight (:P) during hectic times.

All in all the 4 days were quite pleasing and satisfying, I believe my room was well appointed for comparing to the old reviews. In a nutshell If you like calm and cool atmosphere this is the best place you get

Room Tip: specifically ask for a room away from the restaurant area to avoid noises
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cameron S
There are newer reviews for Hotel Tree of Life

Reviewed 20 January 2013

I had come to the Tree of Life to experience the Ayerverdic Treatments and to totally relax.
Both were acheived. By the end of the 5 days I stayed I was completely refreshed. The Hotel staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was varied and well prepared and I enjoyed every meal we had. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Tree of Life and I intend to stay here again next year.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tomdyglen
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We were planning to go to my aunt’s place in Kandy for the holidays and unfortunately we had to cancel it off! But since our family and my Rose aunt were ready for a chilling time we thought of going to a hotel in Kandy. As a recommendation we went to Hotel Tree of Life and it was a nice experience. The location is calming and so was the villa we checked into. The rooms were decorated tastefully and it matched the Ayurvedic and nature feel. I loved the walks in the woods it was so refreshing. If I’m to summarise I would recommend this to anybody to have a good time.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Thilini k
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Nice quiet place, reasonably good rooms, scanty channels on TV, very good food. Good for a break from the usual city life. The ambience is very relaxing and gives u a break from the monotony of an usual hotel. The housekeeping staff need to be more attentive to complaints

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Menon52
Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights with my family. The hotel is 6 kms from Kandy, please ensure u get the king size bedroom if you are travelling with family, as other rooms are far from restaurant/swimming pool. Staff ia good as long as you dont expect great service. Food menu was good with multiple options in the buffet. With live retro music, we enjoyed our wine while sitting next to the swimming pool. Overall not a bad place atall.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Kaps241
Reviewed 14 December 2012

We didnt expect much, so it came as surprise. The rooms were good & clean. well maintained hotel. Drawback is its very far from main kandy town. If one is visiting only Kandy and would like to spend lot of time at the hotel relaxing, its the most apt place as there is a huge beautiful place to wander around. Food is not that great and room service is bad. There was no hot water in the morning, inspite of repeated enquires nobody bothered to respond.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Good location and foods, but rooms are not to standerd.staff friendly and service very good.
Take half and hour to travel Kandy city,and botanical garden and many places you like to visit.Nuwara eliya town situated 80 km from kandy city.hotel situated in easy access to hill country and low country.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2.9 km away
Delma Mount View Hotel
Delma Mount View Hotel
#50 of 56 in Kandy

Been to Hotel Tree of Life? Share your experiences!