1,751 results
All reviews preferred club world cafe tres colores core zone gaucho grill explorers club mermaid bar grotto pool rock of ages room service sea legs visited dreams uvc members entertainment team fusion restaurant kids club preferred guest
Reviewed August 3, 2017

My family and I stayed at this resort from July 24 - July 31. I have a 9 1/2 year old daughter and a 4 year old. They loved the pools and my little one absolutely loved the kids waterpark.. and it was convenient for me because I could see my older one going down the big waterslides and in the pool next to the waterpark. Also with about 7 pools to choose from my kids were on cloud 9. Additionally, the pools were kept very clean and there were swim up bars were were great!!! The staff is very polite and always greeting you with a smile. We had an oceanview suite with 2 adjoinging rooms that were quite spacious. Our favorite restaurant was Fusion which is a hibachi style restaurant. There are only 2 tables so in order to have dinner there you need to wait in line from 5:00 - 6:00 pm and then at 6:00 you request the time you want to have dinner.. 6:30, 7:30 and 9:00 pm. I sat in front of the restaurant from 4:40 pm and was the 2nd person in line so without a problem I got a table. Also, Gaucho was a good restaurant. We ate lunch and dinner at the seafood restaurant a few times, and they offered a very good menu. The resort has a very nice kids club but my girls wanted to be with me at all times, so we did not use it. I feel the entertainment is lacking at this resort. Last year we stayed at the Royalton Cancun and the daily and nightly entertainment was just out of this world. Here there was nothing to rave about. There is an ice cream shop as well as they make lattes, cappuccinos, ect. Very good!!!
Furthermore, we went to a timeshare presentation where we got $250, which we used for the Dolphin Encounter and then a portion for our Xcaret excursion. I highly recommend the Xcaret trip or Xel-ha. Both were absolutely awesome!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Gabriel C, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Hello Kathy, first of all, thank you so much for such a detail review, we are glad to know that your last vacations with us were a great time for you and your family, we really hope you can visit us in the near future to live once again the Dreams Playa Mujeres experience .

Reviewed August 3, 2017

My family and I just got back from an 8 night stay at Dreams Playa Mujeres (7/22-7/30). We were Preferred and stayed in a 2BR villa. For any future travelers contemplating a stay to this resort, I hope this review is helpful.

The Resort: The resort is big, spacious and beautiful. There were several pools to choose from and it never felt like they were over crowded. Rafts were often available as were pool chairs. Pool chairs were also available but if you were looking for a chair with a prime location, you need to claim it by 7am. The grounds are very clean and well maintained, regularly cared for.

Preferred Club: There's always questions around if it's worth it to upgrade to preferred. I've visited many different all inclusive resorts and always upgrade to preferred because of the perks, and we were also Preferred at this resort during our stay. It's difficult for me to say this but I would NOT recommend upgrading to preferred at this resort. There are no check and balances in place at this resort and it's literally a free for all - The Preferred Lounge has no lock on the door and people were constantly going in and out for drinks, food, etc as they wished. The Lazy River is supposed to be for Preferred guests only but again, it's a free for all.. Anyone can walk in, get a raft, and enjoy the Lazy River. Nobody asks or verifies if you're preferred. There was a situation where I was talking with one of the guests in the Lazy River about how crowded it was and she mentioned she wasn't preferred but the staff told her she could still get a raft and it was no problem. That conversation took place because she proactively asked; otherwise, just walk in and enjoy. I actually brought this issue up to the Preferred Management (Sergio) twice but nothing was ever done. The Preferred Management team needs to significantly tighten up the ship within Preferred to make it worthwhile for guests who choose to upgrade. The only reason to upgrade to preferred at this resort is if you want a room closer to the ocean - that's it. Otherwise, save the money. I hope the situation changes over time, but as of now, it's not well run or monitored.

The Food: Food options were good. The resort has many different selections but our favorites were Gaucho Grill (Brazilian Steakhouse), Fusion, and Mezes. The Hibachi Grill at Fusion requires you to make a reservation. Guests were waiting in line beginning at 5pm to put their name on the waiting list. The resort says that they begin taking reservations at 5:30p but that was hit and miss. Sometimes it was after 6p, other times it was before 5:30p - very inconsistent. If you want to eat at the Hibachi, wait in line. We did and got in at 8pm. There is also Dolce, an ice cream shop, which we visited daily. For breakfast, the World Cafe was the popular choice but very crowded and noisy.

The Beach: The beach is warm and very nice. Since the resort is in the bay area, it's not the crystal clear, 7 shades of blue. There is a lot of seaweed on the ocean floor and on the beach. The staff does a good job at trying to keep the beach clean. The sand is white and beautiful. The chairs and cabana on the beach are great. They are very hard to come by, so I recommend talking with the person in charge of them on the beach, and tip them. They'll get you the chair/cabana you want.

The Rooms: Our 2BR villa in the Lazy River Preferred area was like a condo. It was a high vaulted ceiling with 3 bathrooms, living area, kitchenette, large round kitchen table, 3 TVs, a personal hot tub on the patio. We loved the room. The only downside is that it's not facing the ocean. It's set back furthest from the ocean but it's private and beautiful. When choosing a room, I was debating between 2 connecting rooms facing the ocean or this 2BR villa. In hindsight, I'm glad we went with this room.

Activity Staff: This group, led by Ricardo, is fantastic. I have 2 teenage boys and there was always something going on for them to do if they chose to do it (beach volleyball, pool volleyball, pool basketball, etc). Adults were also participating and was a lot of fun. Ricardo was a star at the resort, a true stand out, always wanting everyone to have a good time.

Overall, we had a great time at this resort and I'd recommend it for those who are considering a visit.

5  Thank wineryinoh

Thanks for taking the time, to wrote this review, we are glad to know that you had a great time during your stay with us with your family in a beautiful 2 bedroom villa, make sure that we keep improving our service to offer the best vacation experience possible to our guests, we will be more than happy to welcome you back in the near future, I will recommend you to try the master suite ocean front with private pool, its perfect for a family like you.

Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

I along with my groom and 60 of our closest friends and family traveled to this resort from July 11th-July 18th for my wedding. Being that we took a leap of faith and booked this resort before it opened I was not sure what to expect however, this resort and the hard working people that belong to it exceeded my expectations at every moment. The resort itself is beautiful, a great size as well, not too small that you are crowded by other guests but also not too big that you need a golf cart to travel around. The accommodations were excellent and I heard from every guest how nice their rooms were. Views at every turn. Perfect blend of entertainment for friends, family, and kids. The employees are what makes it though, I was never without a smile, greeting, or service for the entire stay. Special shout out to Benito the pool waiter. He took great care of our entire party day after day and made sure everyone was enjoying their stay. Ivan at the pool bar was also very energetic and always had great suggestions for dinner and drinks. I personally found the food to be pretty good. Definitely try the French, but if you're hungry go heavy on your order as portions are small. Also I have to say that if you are thinking of planning a wedding here, do it! And ask to work with Claudia. She truly makes all your dreams a reality. She took months of pictures, emails, and pintrest posts and created my picture perfect wedding. I literally would not have changed a thing! Thank you Dreams Playa Mujeres!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Gabriel C, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2017

Hello Mantilla, first of all, congratulations from all the Dreams Playa Mujeres team, thank you for choosing us for such an important moment in your life, it truly was a pleasure to host you, your "Husband" and your friends with us, we appreciate you had taken the time to wrote this review, we hope you can visit us again in the near future and I don't know maybe celebrate your first wedding anniversary here with us.

Reviewed August 1, 2017

The Kids Explorers Club was an awesome experience for my kids! Karen, Ivonne, Lotte, Laura, Sarahi and Grecia were all a delight. Very attentive and made the day a great hands-on learning fun-filled day!

Room Tip: Of course the ocean view is beautiful
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Gabriel C, social media coordinator at Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

We would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.
We are very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one and that you were highly satisfied with our service. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest. We highly appreciate your gracious comments here and have shared it with our team.
We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion and provide you with the exceptional quality and service that characterizes our brand and resort.

Reviewed July 31, 2017

Nice facility and room. Check in had good service, willing to accept check-in early morning when we arrived at around 7:30AM from a long flight. Except the second day that I have to call housekeeper to clean my room. Can't enjoy much on the beach due to bad smells and not clean. Overall, the services are OK.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gabriel C, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to wrote this review, we are working daily to improve our service, please be sure that this will not happen again in the future, we hope you can visit us again in the near future.