4,574 results
All reviews lupita lounge la amada plunge pool aroma restaurant lupita restaurant story casita beachfront casita room service ocean view terrace aqua viva natura bar sushi beach concierge boutique resort swim up bar seasons tours swim up suite
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Okay, the title has a little inside joke in there! :) My wife and I traveled with another couple and stayed from August 8th to the 13th. Our stay was excellent! I figure the best way to hit everything (and keep it as brief as possible) is to rate each part of the hotel....so here we go!

Arrival: Alejandro and Juan Carlos greeted us and got us settled. We were instantly impressed with the appearance of the hotel. The place is beautiful! Alejandro explained everything to us and Juan Carlos showed us to our casitas.

Concierge: Before our arrival I had arranged with Diego via e-mail for a special welcome drink for my wife since she had just graduated from grad school. The food and beverage guys also worked with us on this. I think Ruben was responsible, along with others. Needless to say, the plate full of sparklers and a delicious mojito went over great for the unsuspecting graduate! Imagine our surprise when a plate of sparkers also ended up being served with her drinks once we moved over to the Lupita Lounge! I guess they had some left? :) Great job guys! The theme of this place is, "just ask". If you ask for anything within reason, anyone at La Amada will accomodate you!! Juan Pablo is another concierge worth mentioning. Absolutely helpful the whole trip!

Rooms: We had requested Consentida One, which is a beachfront casita, because we heard it was one of the best and most secluded casitas on the property. What a room and what a view! It is on the end of the row of casitas and has a great view, good afternoon shade, and a wonderful breeze. Afternoon naps on the terrace lounge bed were priceless! It is also the closest to the beach and farthest from the pool bar. Very nice and private. The casitas are really nice and you won't be disappointed!

Housekeeping and Room Service: The rooms are cleaned twice a day. Once for "regular" cleaning and the turndown service at night. Again, any special requests for the minibar, turndown options, a new pillow from the pillow menu, etc. are all met with a "no problem", and then done quickly! We did room service for a huge lunch for us and the couple we were with, and also once for dinner. Those guys hauled food for 4 adults to the room, set up everything nicely, and were all very friendly and accomodating. The orders were always correct and arrived quickly.

Wait Staff: We met Jesehel the first night at Aroma and he served us again at Lupita the next night. What a guy! Very nice and had great recommendations. He told us about a dish on the Lupita menu called Cochinita Pibil. It's oustanding! And now you can get it too.....you're welcome! :) Spencer at the Isla Grill went way above and beyond. He arranged a special dinner off the Isla Grill menu for our friends on their casita patio and waited on us for more than one dinner at the restaurant. Great guy and an excellent waiter. We talked about brandy and cognac one night and he brought us a few different ones to try. He was great with conversation, etc. Yolanda was also very good over at Isla Grill. Everyone on the staff at the pool bar and the beach were great. They set us up with food, drink, and anything else we needed, such as extra towels. We never had to get anything for ourselves if we didn't want too. Everyone in those areas hustled all day long. Special thanks to "Apocalypto" (Fernando) and Alfredo (who I now call "Mentiroso" for his "stories" about Apocalypto!)

Restaurants: As mentioned in other reviews, the restaurants are open on alternate nights in the "off-season". This wasn't a problem for us as there are many good things on the menus to try. The Isla Grill was our favorite because it's outside and, well, you can get lobster and a surf and turf every night if you want! :) On that note, go all-inclusive! It's more than worth it and the food is gourmet and served to order

Everyone at this resort works hard! From all the people I mentioned, to the grounds crew that was trimming the greenery by hand in the hot sun with machetes. The attitude here is one where the customer is ALWAYS put first. I know I probably missed someone, and for that I'm sorry. The point to the post and for listing the various good deeds is to stress the service level and demonstrate to anyone viewing this that La Amada and their staff are first class and made our stay great. I'm sure they'll do the same for you! Do the Agua Viva at the spa. VERY relaxing! I'd also like to mention that nearly all of the La Amada staff speak English very well. I mention this because I have seen various reviews complaining about a language barrier. Having stated that, a lot of the housekeeping and maintenance staff, etc do not speak English. Look at it this way, you're in Mexico. Just as it is easier to get around in America if you speak English, it's easier to get around in Mexico if you speak Spanish! :) Have fun and try to learn some. But if you don't, don't then write a review about a language barrier! :) Okay, so this ended up a lot longer than I thought it would! Sorry about that, but it's a great place worth mentioning. Take a vacation here! You will not be disappointed!

Chris and Chris

Room Tip: Call or e-mail ahead and ask for Consentida 1. Ground floor, great view, closest to the beach! The two-story is Consentida 3!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ckotro
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Live at the Amada, it just keeps getting better. GM Jean Francois a true asset to this great organization. Our 3rd time here in 21months, Looks like our permanent place to stay when visiting Cancun.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Bishop K
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I went to La Amada In Jan. 2011 with my mom and sister to see if it was the right hotel to get married at. We loved it so much that i'm set to get married there in Dec. 2011! The hotel itself is beautiful and well maintained. The staff was incredible - friendly, fun and always looking to make your stay as enjoyable as possible! I was not that impressed with the food but for $80/day for all-inclusive, i wasn't really expecting it to be up to par with my New York City standards. The hotel is geared towards couples, so if you're looking to mingle or have a Mexico vacation filled with dancing and late nights, this isn't your place. All in all i love La Amada and am counting down to my return trip in December when i get married and get to share this little piece of paradise with my friends and family!!

Room Tip: swim up suites and one floor casitas offer very little privacy. go with either the junior suite or 2 floor casita.
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank RMarino222
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We have just returned from our 1 week holiday in Mexico staying at La Amada hotel . It was a very enjoyable, relaxing holiday and the service received was amazing . Our favourite restaurant has to be the Isla Grill with the Lobster and Surf and Turf being a must !! Room service and cleanliness was excellent especially liked the touch of the turn down service with the little gift, message and weather forecast for the next day . The only downside i would say was the amount of bites we received on the first couple of nights..............................something i wish i had been aware of before we travelled so that we could have been more prepared as even spraying before going out did not seem to deter them, although we did seem to suffer more in Lupita Sushi bar than anywhere else , Would definitely recommend this hotel for a relaxing holiday with excellent food, beverages and service !

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hayley R
Reviewed August 6, 2011

My boyfriend and I spent a relaxing week-long all-inclusive getaway at La Amada and had the most amazing time. Where to start! The service was so friendly and prompt. The food was delicious at every restaurant and every night we were able to try a new one. The room was enormous - It had a huge shower 'room', huge balcony with double chaise, a jacuzzi with walk-out onto the balcony and a walk-in closet and sitting area. The mini-bar was always stocked with beer, water, juice, etc... It was the epitome of relaxation. The grounds were immaculately kept with great beach loungers and umbrellas. We did the all-inclusive and felt that this resort was an amazing value for what you get. Note that it is very much off the beaten path in comparison to resorts in the hotel zone. We always felt safe here. We were able to arrange our tours from the hotel and we overall felt completely taken care of and relaxed. Our only complaint is that the food is so good, we really should have taken advantage of the fitness center to lose the sloth feeling from indulging at every meal :-). Would highly recommend this resort to anyone thinking of vacationing in Cancun. I will never forget our trip here!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple