4,428 results
All reviewslupita loungela amadaplunge poolaroma restaurantlupita restaurantbeachfront casitastory casitaroom serviceaqua vivanatura barocean view terracesushiboutique resortswim up barbeach conciergeseasons toursswim up suite
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Beautiful clean hotel, very kind staff, exeptionnal good service, amazingly good food (for a picky foodies like me) with a nice local touch. Had a room in one of the casitas and we would definitely go back!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We are a family of four, children ages 10 and 8. we spent seven nights at the Beloved hotel. This was our second time in Cancun. Upon arrival at the Beloved, we could not help but compare the hotel to Live Aqua, the resort we stayed at during our last trip to Cancun. We wanted to return to Live Aqua, but it became adults only. At the Beloved, we stayed in the swim-up suite and felt there could have been more privacy in the room, especially the toilets and showers which have glass doors. The suite was small for four people, two double beds and one (uncomfortable) sofa bed. We usually stay in connecting rooms, but this is not an option here. When we first layed eyes on the beach, we noticed the ocean is a different shade of blue than the ocean at the Cancun resort strip. Even though the color of the water at the Beloved is less striking, the water is calmer and this made it safer for our children to swim in the ocean. There is a lot of seaweed which is removed daily by a tractor. The noise and sight of the tractor could get annoying, but the hotel obviously tries to improve the aesthetics of the beach.
Food: we tried all the restaurants. We usually had lunch at La Isla Grill. Steak, chicken, and fish all good. Fresh salad, very good. Excellent cappucino. Dinner at restaurants was very good except for oriental buffet at La Amada. Anyone who has had very good sushi willl agree the sushi bar is not great, but the lounge area is beautiful and fun to hang out at night with live music. Breakfast at La Amada has many fresh fruit options and creative healthy choices made with local fruits and vegetables. There were scrambled eggs, but we were surprised there was no one cooking eggs and quasadillas as there were at the other resort in Cancun. Our children thought pastries were good.
Pools: swim up pool was cold. I didnt go in. Main pool is heated and has a very pleasant temperature. There was one windy day and it was noticeably cooler, but the pool remained pleasant. There is a hot tub connected to heated pool. As a previous commenter stated, there were many children during mid February and the pool and hot tub had cocktail particles floating around from little ones who ordered drinks and spilled. I went in the hot tub, but got nervous about it when I thought of all the toddlers that sat in it before me.
Service: The staff was friendly and genuine. At times, it seemed the resort was not prepared to handle the number of guests and service was slow because servers had too many tables or customers to tend to. A few times they ran out of bottled water. We always tipped and staff definitely expressed appreciation. Rooms were kept very clean.
Spa: we got the couples massage and both thought it was very good. Adrienne gives a great massage. The one hour therma spa treatment prior to the massage was one of the most original nicest spa experiences Ive ever had. Our daughters joined us and they both thought it was outstanding.
The grounds of the hotel are maintained very well.
I recommend the hotel car service from airport. We arrived much later than scheduled time and the driver patiently and graciously escorted us to the resort. Thank you to Luis and Susanna, kind and efficient waiters.
I would recommend this resort to families with children looking for a quiet quality break in beautiful surroundings. If we went as a couple, we would have felt outnumbered by children.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank happyf0ur
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Based on the amazing reviews, we booked and just returned from a beautiful week at The Beloved. Believe the hype – the rooms, food, and beach were all absolutely wonderful.

But, and there is a big but, the hotel website did not paint the entire picture: we expected a romantic all-inclusive oasis, but instead we landed at Disney Beach Club.

Couples without children were far outnumbered and the pool bar was more likely to serve up a chocolate milk shake or Shirley temple than anything else. At one point, I counted 17 kids in the pool and 5 adults (including the two of us). I was convinced some guests were giving birth in their rooms and bringing the newborns down to the breakfast buffet in the morning.

It may have been the time of year (middle of Feb), but truth is the hotel and the staff were geared up for families with young children and not for anyone else. Couples without children hid in the cool shadows, far outnumbered by the masses in size 3 flip-flops.

Small example: at one lunch, my view of the beach was obstructed by a mother who breast fed a newborn and, at the table behind her, a young girl who picked her nose. As isolated incidents, not a big deal at all - but not romantic in the least bit, I'm afraid.

Belly up at the sushi-bar for a nightcap, and odds were at least 2-1 that the occupant on the bar stool next to you would have to dangle their feet. Come here often?

The pools and spas were owned by kids and, as cute as they were, unfortunately there was just no break from it. In short, parts of the beach sounded like a playground at recess and the swim up bar was more like a soda pop stand. I had to order non-virgin drinks.

I found it a bit tacky that the 1-hour classes at the gym each morning carried a $20-30 charge. It was all the excuse I needed not to go (maybe that is my own shortcoming, come to think of it, but still given the room rate it was slightly offensive. Note that the popular tequila tasting was also extra, though well worth it!. Yoga on the beach was free, though it was only on Saturday and Sunday. Is it a stretch to say they should offer it on a daily basis like the sister hotel next door?

The lounge bar shuts down at 10pm. The hotel wakes up early - get your beach front lounge chairs selected by 7:30 or risk a lounger by the stroller-parking lot.

The upsides to the hotel were the staff, room, and food. All amazing, without a doubt, as the other reviews point out. The quiet was peaceful, too.

We also found ways to get away (we booked time at the spa, watched movies in the room, went to the island for the day, rented a cabana, went on long walks, and pirated the pool at the hotel next door) and in almost all instances enjoyed the company of our cute little friends. But should you have to "get away" while you are on vacation?

At the end of the day, our week at The Beloved was not the romantic holiday we expected (and paid for). If you have young kids – this is the place for you! If you don’t, I’m afraid it isn’t. We have never had an issue with kids at resorts – it’s just that it was almost comical how many there were and, in many respects, we did not feel the hotel adequately represented its demographics or catered to couples that showed up alone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
15  Thank dominic_charles
Reviewed February 24, 2012

My husband and 16 year old son joined me on our first visit to Cancun. The Beloved is lovely, the staff very nice, the food good. The problem, way too quiet! Lots of couples and families with little children. If you want a little action, you need to go elsewhere, which we did (we switched hotels after one night). Our room was a 2 story "villa", I inaccurately assumed the sitting room was on one floor, the bed another... in actuality, all was in one room, not ideal for sharing.

Room Tip: Better to get 2 rooms if you are sharing a room. 2 floor villla is one room, the 2nd is an outdoor hot tub.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Laura W
Reviewed February 23, 2012

This place is absolutely incredible! Such a refreshing resort to spend days with not a care in the world. Lovely architecture and grounds that felt like a perfect melding of modernism and Mexican hospitality

First off, the food. This was all round heaven: Lupito-have the most delicious local cuisine, Isla Grill-right on the beach with grilled seafood, salads, ceviche, or one of the best steaks I've ever had. The sushi bar with a lovely cadillac margarita was delicious and finally Aroma Restaurant for our sumptuous breakfast buffets and evening classic dining. No reservations needed and excellent service from pool side to room service and on!

We did upgrade from the 'swim up' junior suite and I would suggest getting on an upper floor for the views and they are a bit quieter. A gorgeous jacuzzi tub for 2 with a view, huge shower and walk in closet, every detail was taken care of. One of the most charming things about this property is it's size; small, intimate and personal. Not a heaving all inclusive where you're one of the masses...at the Beloved you felt like you were with friends.

We did not use the kid's care, but heard it was excellent. The beautiful white beaches which never felt crowded. Make sure to get extra pillows ordered! Free wireless and one of the most lovely spa's you've ever seen. Tips are 'included' in many packages, but the service was so ON, proud and friendly we had to tip more. Take lots of one's or peso's!

We took a day trip over to Isla de Mujeres and rented a golf cart to toodle around-very nice and well worth the trip. Make sure to hit north beach for a terrific swimming beach, and the south point for a view and cerveza on the deck. Also you can do a bit of gift shopping and I would do it here rather than anywhere near Cancun where prices are double.

This property just recently became all inclusive and I do hope they are able to keep the quality of food and service...because if they do, they will be consistently full of repeat vacationers I guarantee you!

Room Tip: Don't stay in the 'swim up' suites on the ground floor, try to get on upper floors. Beds are very firm and make sure to order feather pillows!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple