4,702 results
All reviewsbite barone bedroom suitevilla groupcar ferrytime sharefast ferryzama restaurantall inclusive packagemurphy bedall inclusive planfull kitchenferry to isla mujereswasher dryerper devicetimeshare presentationsushihammock on the balcony
Reviewed December 29, 2015

We had another wonderful visit at VDP. This time I tried the all-inclusive and was pleasantly surprised. My first time using all-inclusive. Good food, includes room service and the minibar, which worked well for my boyfriend who had to be up early for work. Good liquor. Although I probably did eat more. lol
Once again, the service can't be beat. A special thanks to our room stylist, Blanca, who made sure we had wonderful and special turn down service in the evening. Also my always special team members, Monica, Merly and Santiago. Ana is our new elite concierge and she was able to arrange a very special dinner for us. Welcome Ana.
Spa services included a pedicure and a 90 minute massage, both glorious.
Again the seaweed seemed to be under control, the beach well maintained.
Enjoyed Casona even more this trip. I also thought that Capricio's buffet has really improved. I was disappointed in the menu change at Zama. It was one of my favorites. Now the menu is like what you would find in the states, enchiladas.... I much preferred the Mayan dishes from before. They are limited now. Davino's menu was always good, now it is quite different and still delicious. A special shout out to the managers and bartenders who were wonderful to us the two evenings we were there.

We get free wifi and had no problems with it.

Always a great experience. I will see you all again in February.

Room Tip: Ask for a room floor 5 and above.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swimmichele
Quality A, Guest Relations Manager at Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2015

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you very much for your many kind words regarding your stay with us. It gives me great pleasure to share with Blanca, Monica, Merly Santiago and Ana your appreciation of their assistance during your stay. Thank you for your recognition of the excellent service they and all of our other talented and dedicated colleagues provided.

Our Village Spa and the wonderful indulgence they provide; is an experience we are very proud to offer our guests. It is wonderful that you were able to add this exceptional pampering to your stay and found it to be glorious.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the "all inclusive" meal plan and found it to be excellent. Like you many of our guests appreciate the inclusion of room service and ala carte dining options at all of our restaurants or poolside. Your kind recognition of your enjoyment of our buffet in Caprichos, and dinner menu in Davinos was much appreciated.

Your comments regarding our menus in each of the restaurants will be shared with the Executive Chefs and their culinary teams. We read each and every review as we are always looking for ways in which we can improve and enhance our guests experience. Thank you for noticing the changes we continue to make.

We look forward to your return in February. It is always a pleasure to see familiar faces. We are delighted to be "su casa" in Cancun.

Reviewed December 29, 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed here from Dec 9-15 (apparently one of the best times to visit Cancun) It is a little isolated, but totally worth it!! It's SAFE, clean, and has the most comforting environment. Definitely made our first trip a very special one. I fell in love with this resort as the days went by. It has tons to offer including a variety of restaurants, private beach, mini bars, and a huge pool!! Definitely very welcoming for people of all ages.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lizet_618

Dear Ms. Lizet_618:

Thank you for your kind words and excellent review. We are delighted to have exceeded your expectations and become a vacation destination that is cherished by you. Our goal is to provide an environment that is the perfect respite from every day living.

It would be our pleasure to be "su casa" in Cancun and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

If I could be of any assistance when making your next reservation, please don't hesitate to call.

Reviewed December 29, 2015

1005B, garden view studio. Moldy smell in room. Not much close by.
Staff was polite and kind. Beach bar, Charlie, the bartender was great.
Pools were too cool to enter. Room Service promptness was better than expected.
Avoid Davino's restaurant, long wait times and long wait between courses more than 1 hour!
Limited activities.
Clean.

Room Tip: Handicap requires a 1 Bedroom Suite, since tubs with shower require a hugh 30 "step up
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank DiannePeersSchneer

Dear Ms. Dianne:

We are disappointed that your stay with us began with a negative tone. Our desire is to provide an excellent respite to our guests and we appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. Our goal is to resolve any and every concern as quickly as possible.

I also apologize for the delay you experienced when dining in Davinos. The issues that resulted in the delay have been completely resolved and there is no reason for any of our future guests to avoid dining there.

Reservations are available at La Casona STK and will ensure prompt seating when it is exceptionally busy, for our guest who do not wish to wait to be seated in the other restaurants.

What is most important to us, is that you enjoyed your vacation and everything meets or exceeds your expectations. Thank you for your recognition of our talented and gracious colleagues and your appreciation of the service Charlie provided. It will be my pleasure to share your kind words.

We have many planned and scheduled activities at our resort and are constantly looking at ways to improve them. Many of our guest also appreciate planning their excursions to see local sights and returning to the quiet, safe, tranquil ambiance they treasure on their vacations with us.

We hope to have you return soon and would love to be "su casa" in Cancun.

Villa del Palmar Cancun Luxury Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed December 28, 2015

I have been a Villa member for 15 years. Ten years a go I upgrade to Gold for the main reason of potential upgrades and VIP treatment. In those ten years I have yet to be upgraded and when dealing with staff they seemed to be bothered. Talking with other members they felt the same. I also spoke with several new people who were being "courted" as potential owners and they were given upgrades and all out VIP treatment. Beautiful hotel and grounds, but be warned once they have your membership the attention to your needs diminish exponentially.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank kellers076

Dear Mr. Keller:

Thank you so very much for your review and for sharing your thoughts with us. Your comments are valuable and we take them to heart. Please accept our apologies.

Your perception is most definitely not the standard of service we have set for ourselves; or the impression we want any of our guests to have.

We are your family in Cancun. Your review has been shared with all of our teams and most definitely will receive the attention it deserves. This is not the typical response we receive from our valued members and guests.

Any further specifics you would be able to add personally or on your next visit would be most appreciated.

Please feel free to contact me personally if you would like my assistance when making your next reservation. It would be my pleasure.

Villa del Palmar Cancun Luxury Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed December 27, 2015

This resort was very nice, not too big but big enough for a nice quiet holiday. Proximity to Isla Mujeres was really good with 2 options to get there by slow Ferry or fast Ferry. We took the Collectivo to the fast Ferry and rode across for $10 each.
The gym was really good.
Yoga, Mengali was the instructor and she did an excellent job. Out on the end of a pier and under a open air thatch roof. Very relaxing way to start the day, every day at 09:30 if the the wind is not to strong, otherwise she takes it inside to the gym.
I didn't like the fact that I had to sign a bill and write my tip on it every time I finished with a server, but after I got used to the system it wasn't too bad. The service was excellent. There was one mistake where they thought I wrote 500 pecos that ended up on my bill at check-out, but I caught it and they also had a copy of the signed receipt where I had tipped 50.00 pecos. Easily straightened out, but I am glad that I kept a copy of every receipt.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upgrade and you might get lucky if they are not too busy.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Quality A, Guest Relations Manager at Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2015

Dear Valued Guests:

Your kind words are much appreciated. It will give me great pleasure to share with Mengali your enjoyment of her yoga instruction on the pier each morning of your stay. We are pleased you found us to be the vacation destination that provided the respite you were seeking.

We apologize that you felt you were required to add a gratuity each time you signed the guest check. We have ADDITIONAL GRATUITY printed clearly next to the gratuity line so that our guest who choose to leave additional gratuity for exceptional service; may do so. If not, the total on the check remains the same.

We offer many different meal plans and have opted to not separate our guests into a very visible different colored bands. Instead, we use guests checks for our internal control. As you stated, this also offers a checks and balances for our guests as well, when they are checking out.

We are pleased you caught the error that was made and that it was easily straightened out as it should have been. We do have the receipts for each transaction on the guest bill. I am most certain the discrepancy would have been corrected, once you pointed out the error, even without the receipt.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return to "su casa" soon!

Warm regards,