5,891 results
All reviews public beach don pablo main building a la carte restaurants lobster beach bar main buffet buffet restaurant dominican republic jacuzzi pool animation team two weeks junior suite samana airport beautiful island main pool gala night
Reviewed April 16, 2016

After reading many reviews we finally get to write our own! Our stay at Cayo Levantado was excellent. It was the relaxing, peaceful, and beautiful place we expected. Service from everyone was great.
Our room was kept spotless by Karina (I think that was her name). Common areas and public washrooms were clean and well maintained as well.
I am usually not a fan of buffet style eating, but can say that I enjoyed the breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffets here. There were many choices, food was tasty and seemed to be kept at good temperatures. Even when it was busy there were no long lines, no one butting in line, and it was not noisy. Our favorite a la carte was the Rodizio.
It was nice to go to the beach or pools at anytime of the day and find a lounger in the sun or shade, whatever you would prefer.
We took advantage of the cart ride only at our arrival and departure, but there did not seem to be any lack of availability of these for those who would prefer or need a ride. There are lots of hills and stairs, great for getting in a little exercise. There were "sidewalks" so you do not always have to be looking behind you for fear of a cart coming at you.
Wifi in the room was inconsistent, but worked enough to meet our needs for a quick check in with family and for using the Bahia App. I would recommend downloading this app at home; you are provided with full access once at the resort. It's very convenient for booking a la cartes, butler services, etc.
We were glad we followed advice of other reviewers and took a small flashlight. The lighting is dim, and the flashlight came in handy when looking in the safe.
We would love to return in the future!

Room Tip: Very pleased with Jr. Suite Superior in Villa 4
7  Thank C_Shell13579
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2016

Dear C_Shell13579,

Please receive a warm greeting from all the staff in our Hotel Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado, Don Pablo Collection.

We are very happy to learn that you had a great experience. Thank you for taking of your valuable time to show your appreciation for the service received during your stay, and thank you again for choosing us!

We are looking forward to welcome you back again in our little paradise in a near future or at any of the fantastic all inclusives hotels of our chain Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Reviewed April 15, 2016

What can I say that has not been said all ready, not much. Everything you read to the positive is true and we had a fantastic time . Not only was the resort wonderful , we also met a group of great people that made our holiday so much fun. So thank you to the people from Cambridge, Exeter and Peterborough you made it a holiday to remember . Even though I broken my foot.

Room Tip: jr suite deluxe
6  Thank bobert

Dear Bobert,

In the name of all the members of our Hotel Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection, we would like to thank you for sharing your opinion with us and other users of Tripadvisor.

With the warmest of the wishes , we hope that you feel better by the day. We are happy to learn that overall we met your expectations.

We hope we can have the chance to welcome you again in our Hotel or in any of the Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts in a near future.

Reviewed April 14, 2016

We are currently staying in 11102 and having been here for 12 days (we go home in another 2 days), I can honestly say that this has been the most incredible holiday that we have ever had.

We came to the Domincan Republic for the 1st time 25 years ago on our honeymoon and decided to come back to celebrate our 25th Wedding anniversary and have found it even more wonderful than last time.

I have never been to a hotel which pays such attention to the slightest detail, they really do want to make your trip something to remember. The staff are extremely friendly but also very professional and they work incredibly hard; you only have to take a sip out of your wine glass/water glass and there is someone there filling it back up. The rooms are immaculate thanks to the hard work of the maids who come in morning (to clean and replace towels etc) and then again of an evening to turn down your bed, provide you with fresh towels (again) and place a small box of chocolates on your pillow.
There are small electric cars (taxis) which will pick you up at your room, reception or elsewhere and take you where you want to go, but to be honest, the gardens are so beautiful and well kept that we preferred to walk.

There are three pool areas all which are immaculate; the one just opposite our building has three small jacuzzi pools and tends to be the quietest, whilst the beach one is the busiest - however that said you can still always get a sunbed. The staff are always on hand to ask if you would like a drink and empty glasses are collected regularly.

There are 2 beaches; one private to the hotel and a public one. We have mainly stayed on the private one; which is pure paradise, water so blue and clear you can see the bottom and the fish who will flock to eat out of your hand! I normally don't like swimming in the sea, but this has changed my mind.

The food is delicious and there is an excellent choice of restaurants; although the general buffet one has been our favourite as there is such a wide selection of dishes on offer, so even the fussiest of eaters will be catered for. I dread getting on the scales when I get home on Saturday!!!! I have tried to be good and did go to the gym a few times (twice to be exact), but what are holiday for but to spoil your self a bit!

A big thank you to all the management and staff for the most wonderful holiday we have ever had; I cant wait to come back in the future.

20  Thank reb66

Dear Reb66,

Please receive a warm greeting from all the staff in our Hotel Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection.It was a pleasure meeting you.

First of all, we would like to thank you for your excellent review. Our staff is always happy to hear our guest feedbacks and is truly a pleasure to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Definitely we hope we can have the chance to welcome you again in a near future to be able to provide you a memorable experience, only with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts you are able to find the holiday of your dreams.

Reviewed April 14, 2016

My experience was one of the best I have had. The grounds where simply breathtaking. The service was impeccable . You couldn't ask for more friendlier people. We all felt spoiled. The food was as expected in a top notch all inclusive resort. This vacation was a dream come true with the breathtaking beaches and the sceneries. The activities on the beach were a delight full of energy and enthusiasm. All the staff were fantastic from the moment we arrived till the minute that we left.The beauty of this resort is the island atmosphere that has not be touched by developers wanting to make this resort as commercialized as Punta Cana. here you will feel the coziness' and warmth of a true island vacation. We will definitely return to our new discovered fantasy island.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room in the main building because I felt that I was close to everything.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank etamiami
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2016

Dear Etamiami,

Definitely we hope we can have the chance to welcome you again in a near future to be able to provide you a memorable experience, only with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Reviewed April 13, 2016

We just returned from a week on this Island and all I can say is I would highly recommend it. The staff is fantastic, the grounds are pristine, the food is really good and the people we met on this trip made it as well. We had some much fun and relaxed in the sun as well. I walk on crutches and took my wheel chair and they helped me on the ferry and helped me on the golf carts to get around the Island. Anyone who complains about this place, I do not understand why. It is top notch service friendly staff who can't do enough for you. I just would suggest that in a few of the suites to add grab handle bars on to the wall near the toilet and shower. Also get a stool so it would be easier to step up onto the golf cart by my self. Thanks for a wonderful time.

Stayed: April 2016
5  Thank cathybear2016
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2016

Dear Cathybear2016,

In the name of all the members of our Hotel Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection, we would like to thank you for sharing your opinion with us and other users of Tripadvisor, we truly appreciate it.

We are happy to learn that we met your expectations; we also take note of the comments, which indicate opportunity for improvement.