All reviews extensive grounds chateau patrick property geese furniture century
Reviewed October 11, 2016

An absolute pleasure to work here, I still have many fond memories. I worked her for one year and can only say again what a fabulous experience it was from weddings, parties, private functions and the Counts entertainment, I can only reiterate how amazing this place is.

Room Tip: This is an amazing experience for any nationality please try it For yourselves! All rooms are amazing
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Helen P
Reviewed September 24, 2016

As soon as Patrick had welcomed us , we knew our stay would be very enjoyable. He showed us our room which was wonderful and looked over the gardens and then we had tea in the salon. We walked around the extensive grounds and lakes ,coming across deer ,llamas, pigs and other animals in the grounds. We then visited the Botanical gardens and the walled fruit and vegetable garden ,all of which were very well looked after considering the extent of the estate.

Our evening meal was taken in the dining room and the foie gras ,duck ,local cheeses and dessert with the wine pairings was the best meal of our 10 day holiday. We were looked after by Patrick and Reginald , the gardien ,in a discreet but excellent manner. We had our coffee in the salon accompanied by calvados made on the estate.

Breakfast comprised of many ingredients sand was delicious.

All in all could not have been bettered and we would recommend the chateau to anyone!

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed September 2, 2016

Even though my mesmerizing stay at this magnificent castle took place 15 years ago, I still remember lots of details today. The company that I worked for at the time, RSA Security in Bedford, MA, had a retreat at the castle for our EMEA team. I had worked on a project in Paris for two weeks prior to the retreat. When we arrived at the Chateau from Paris, it was almost dinner time. The dinner was served in the formal dining room, and it was a wonderful experience. We had a party in the basement of the Chateau after dinner where lots of local champagnes were consumed. I was told that we were saving lots of money for the company by drinking champagnes as beers would cost more in that region of France. The Chateau offered all modern amenities except there is no lock on the doors. My room looked out to the pond and the Chateau ground was well maintained and nicely attended to. It was such heavenly experience for me, that it will remain in my memory for years to come.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2016

We had the perfect honeymoon at the Chateau de Canisy. There are breathtakingly beautiful grounds to walk or cycle around (cycles provided!) Breakfast each morning was divine and when we stayed for an evening meal the experience was so very special - we were invited to a cello recital which we will never forget. Everyone was so kind and helpful and we will definitely return someday to reminisce.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

Definitely the highlight of our family vacation to France.
Conveniently located for easy trips to either Mont Saint Michel or the Normandy Beaches / Normandy American Cemetery.
Our host, Patrick, and his staff are outstanding and most accommodating. Overall, a very charming, peaceful and a unique experience.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family