“Monet, Chateau de La Roche Guyon, Rouen,Honfleur and to the Ship on Time!”

Select Travel of France
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Brosville
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Olivier Pivain gave our small group from the Celebrity Eclipse a FANTASTIC day tour last October. He was so courteous and willing to make our journey exactly what we wanted. He was resourceful in solving the microphone issue so we could hear his wonderful commentary while he was driving.

He was so gracious and guided us through the gardens and home of Monet at Giverney , through the Chateau de la Roche Guyon, and suggested a wonderful bistro where we enjoyed a delicous lunch.

Following lunch we were off to Rouen which wasa delight visit walking the historic quarter and taking time to see the cathedrals of Joan d"Arc and the great Rouen Cathedral of Notre Dame! Then back inthe car for a quick visit to Honfleur before returning to the ship.

We had a very full itenerary which lasted 9 hours and we could have spent days! So the next time we are back in LeHavre we will call Olivier for another tour!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I'm back from my Celebrity Reflection Cruise in October and as I stated in my previous review we connected with Olivier again to arrange a tour from LeHavre, France. Well the second time around and all I can say is it was "Twice as Nice". Olivier is such a lovely, caring person. He was at the cruise port promptly at 8:00 am although the ship didn't clear us until 8:30 am. Olivier's suggested itinerary was perfect. We started off to Giverny to tour Monet's House & Garden. I must say it was cold and rainy that day but Monet's garden although at the end of the season still looked stunning. The flowers were still beautiful and I think I got a close facsimile by photo of Monet's famous bridge picture with the water lily pond. I can't wait to blow it up and frame it. To say I was there twice to see where this extraordinary artist painted his famous paintings is at the top of my 1000 things to see list. Well after Monet's garden Olivier took a little detour so we could see this spectacular view and it was but I failed to write down where it was located so you'll just have to book a tour with Select Travel of France. From here we were hungry and Olivier talked so much about scallops being in season that we wouldn't settle for anything less. So since it was a Sunday and most French families eat at home on Sundays and restaurants are usually pre-booked it took Olivier a little searching to find a restaurant but he called one of his favorites and they promised to keep some scallops for us if we hurried there. Well it took 30 minutes to get there but this little brasserie served us the best and freshest scallops we ever had. Even the scallops served for dinner on the ship didn't compare. We were in love with Olivier for filling our bellies with such good food. I order the chocolate mousse for dessert and may I say what I had will never ever ever be had again. I never in my life had a big bowl of the best homemade chocolate mousse in my life. I can't explain the heights of taste this mousse took me to. I ate the whole big bowl cause I knew it would never touch my lips in this manner again. Well from there it was a long ride to Etretat, France. It was worth it and it was getting late but Olivier delivers what he promises. When we arrived at Etretat it was worth the view to see the two cliffs that cling to the shore in this beautiful and cozy shoreside town. One cliff is called the needles eye and the other the elephant. I took photos but the sun was still high and Etretat will see me again some day. Then from there our last stop close to LeHavre was Honfleur. Honfleur is simply stunning and the night light was just right for photos. We also went for the tins and tins of those French butter cookies. Well by the time Olivier dropped us off it was 8:30 pm. He was still smiling and happy after we kept him out for over 12 hours. I told him no other tour guide delivers what he does in the way of personality, time and professionalism. If you are ever in Normandy France book a tour with Select Travel of France. YOU will not be disappointed but delighted that you made a good choice.

2  Thank stopwaitingandtravel
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Another long overdo review. I had the wonderful privilege of touring France in September 2009 from the Le Havre Cruise Port in France with Olivier the owner of Select Travel of France. I found Olivier via a recommendation from Frommers Travel Blog. I had communicated with a few suppliers but Olivier was upfront, friendly and honest about his services. Olivier met myself and two travel partners promptly at the Cruise Port in Le Havre France. As one reviewer mentioned Olivier took us to so many great places. He gave us a tour around Le Havre from there we went to Giverny and he walked us around Monet's Garden. Olivier is such a gentle giant of a man. He shared things about his life with us. His sense of humor and gentleness made us feel so relaxed. Olivier took us to Rouen and Honfleur and so many other great places. He walked around with us personally. We went to a bakery for sweets and we all shared then we found some great cheese and bread. We felt so safe and shared so many laughs with Olivier. Of course he got us back way ahead of boarding time and we enjoyed our full day. We kept in touch with Olivier and we will be meeting him again this October 2012 in Le Havre for another great time. Olivier is the # 1 Tour Guide in France as far as we're concerned. If you are in Normandy check out Select Travel at http://www.select-travel.fr.

3  Thank stopwaitingandtravel
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Olivier was one of the most knowledgeable, informative and accommodating tour guides ever!. He picked us up at the ship in Le Havre then took us to more fascinating places than I can mention, including lunch at a quaint restaurant at the beach. Can't say enough good things about our experience.

3  Thank gigimrs1