All reviews the pub small balcony cotswold village enjoyed our food friendly bar staff sunday roast specials board coach horses prompt service both occasions tea coffee making facilities boxing day warm welcome ate here pot of tea evening meal full english
Reviewed January 26, 2018 via mobile

Before I start my review I will be honest and say that I have visited before. If my memory serves me correctly it was in about 1970 and it’s changed, but for the better. Gone is the grumpy old landlord and the cigarette smoke but the genuine character of a village country pub has been fully retained. This is the real deal, nothing fake, manufactured or titivated; a proper pub! A group of 15 of us booked up for lunch and all credit to the landlord and staff they managed to fit us all together in what is after all a small village pub, excellent.
Friendly greeting for our pre-lunch drinks at the bar before we took our seats and they took our orders, all carried out very efficiently. In fact all credit due to the Coach and Horses for their prompt efficient and friendly service, oh and the proper pub grub! If you want designer tartyfarty food then you really don’t want to be going to a village pub. What they do best is proper down to earth pub grub, just as it should be when you are visiting the countryside!
I enjoyed it and so did the rest of our group, I will admit to feeling a little envious of one of our group who went for the all day brunch; it looked brilliant and according to him it tasted it too.

Nice to see the locals using it too, always a good sign and I was able to say hello to someone sitting at the bar that still lives in the village and that I grew up with, some things never change........isn’t that good?

Highly recommended

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2018

Staying locally, and a group of my friends and I decided to venture out to grab a pint or two, and what a great little pub we found. A great place to meet up with some friends, and enjoy a pint or two of local ales.

Nice relaxing surroundings with some comfy corners to enjoy your pint.

A lovely team who were very friendly, and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank LGBfund
Reviewed December 27, 2017

This is a review for meals not B&B. TA makes it difficult to separate, did find the restaurant spot on TA but no reviews since Aug 16 so clearly hard to find. Booked in for Christmas Eve lunch which was a normal Sunday roast with choice of three meats and three plate sizes. Food was straightforward but cooked and presented well, Christmas pud came with a large portion of brandy. The Doddingtons beer is very good. We returned on Boxing day for lunch which was their standard menu. We all chose different meals which were all great pub food, one of us had a steak which was cooked to perfection. Price of meals on both occasions was low compared to many other pubs I go to, combined with very welcoming host, good atmosphere and the quality definitely worth 5*

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2017

Spending a few days in a local holiday cottage with friends and not really wanting to cook, we booked two meals here, one on Christmas eve lunch the other Boxing day lunch.
The Christmas Eve menu was a typical Christmas Sunday lunch, served by very friendly staff along with excellent beverages. The food was excellent, simple but really well cooked. a choice of small, medium or large platter with a choice of three roasts .
on Boxing day, the usual pub menu was in operation and all four of us cleared our plates of four totally different dishes. Again simple but well cooked and served.
Mine host, was a very happy attentive local fellow who made everyone feel welcome.
A pleasure to visit.
Certainly recommended for good food at very good prices. Thank you .
The Cotswold Gold is an excellent pint (s) of beer!

Room Tip: just visit for good food and beer!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2017

Such a lovely traditional flagstone floored low beamed proper old village pub. Ten very muddy mountain bikers made very welcome and all had a good lunch, mostly the steak and wine specials which were excellent.
Weeks before some of us had dropped in for a coffee and chill out by the fire and booked a return visit on the spot. Very good value as well.

Room Tip: We did not stay, bloody Trip Advisor makes reviewing and searching difficult
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends