Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mekha Rajan

A SANCTUARY IN THE CHAOS OF LIFE

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 25, 2021
I consider myself lucky to have spent two months in Yoga Villa .

Thanks to the corona virus , i had the space to .
"I spend so much on leisure travels , shopping , etc. - why not invest in my faithful body which has been serving me for as long as I have existed " was my thought .

I PACKED FOR 10 DAYS ........ ENDED UP STAYING FOR 55 DAYS !!!!!
enough said .

This has been the best decision i have made in years .

There is a certain quality about the place and the people .
There is a centeredness about the place that in turn centers everyone who comes there . It happened to me . I sensed a stillness arriving in me.

Every morning I woke up to bird songs , the Kabini river flowing i could hear 24/7 ..
So many exotic bird sightings , an occasional elephant , walks along the river side through the fields and coffee plantations , chit chat with the locals in the village whenever we stepped outside , all this and so much more .

The food is oh so delicious , nutritious and super fresh .
The people who work there , across all departments are all so cued into the energy of the place .
There is a sense of rhythm and harmony to that place that was the most tangible to me . Its very silent , but its there .
Everyone is so happy doing there bit of work , and with so many different conditions and ailments that are treated there at the same time , they have to be well co ordinated to pull it off . Which they are . That really intrigued me .

I loved the smell of the par boiled rice, they harvested from their fields and sun dried . I used to take a few and nibble on them as i walked back to my room after my treatment .

And speaking of the treatment - was just so so so good , relaxing , fresh ingredients locally sourced , much of it made in house , and the therapists are brilliant . When they massage and do other treatments on the body , it is important that those hands that touch our bodies have the right energy and intention . And that's exactly how I felt . Thank you from the bottom of my heart .
It just goes to say that the training and culture there is solid . The management , the doctors - all such wonderful people , who know the subject of Ayurveda so well . All my curious questions were answered so logically and so patiently .

I feel like a new person , i feel so clean inside , and feel lighter physically and emotionally .

i ended up shopping for clothes online as I wasn't prepared for 55 days ;)
I cant wait to go back . Be it 7 days , 10 days , whatever ....

That place is like home to me and the people there like family .
Date of stay: January 2021
Room Tip: The cottages further away from the restaurant are quieter.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
24.8 km from Ayurveda Yoga Villa Group Of Retreat Centres And Hospitals
Greenex Farms -Petunia bedroom
26.8 km from Ayurveda Yoga Villa Group Of Retreat Centres And Hospitals
View more hotels in Kalpetta
All reviews life changing spent weeks health issues four weeks authentic ayurveda healing process roller coaster organic food the cottages perfect place take care consultation medicine treatment results spiritual body
Selected filters
Reviewed February 5, 2021

I am seriously grateful to have found this place for going under treatment. It is a hospital as well as a retreat and research center in beautiful environment with good energy, wich makes you feel like being on a holiday.
To enter the country during times of the pandemic was no problem. I received an invitation letter from them and applied for a medical visa.
The doctors with their diagnosis are super precise and also the treatment staff as well as the yoga teachers are very well experienced in what they are doing. Everyone at the campus is friendly, helpful and courteous, any additional wish you may have will be fulfilled asap just by depositing it at the reception.
The excellent food is prepared for everyone individually according to their health issues and diet. The high quality organic products are grown on their own farms, where their indigenous cattle is being held to provide us daily with fresh dairy products and the different flours and oils are being produced in their own mill.
In their own pharmacy directly at the campus where all the pure quality medical products are home made under strict procedures you sometimes can get a glimpse into production.
Spending 4 month at their headquarters in 2019 has improved my health condition strongly (physically and mentally) after having tried numerous of other therapies which have failed.
I highly recommend this place for treatment of any kind of serious health issue as well as just to go for a retreat.
Thank you AYV, keep it up!
Andrea, Austria - Europe

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank AndreAustria
Reviewed December 28, 2020 via mobile

I went for the treatment of my wife and had to leave within 3 days of the treatment due to the inhospitable conditions of the rooms and the allergies me and my wife got because of the treatment done.

One thing for sure that is good at the centre is the humble smiling faces, which is offset by the superstitious dumbness that follows the centre.

We are supposed to believe many a things at this centre just because the doctors say so without any empirical proof whatsoever. And, at the end of the day all you are doing is vomiting, having a diarrhoea under the pretext that you are releasing the unseen and unknown toxins from the body.
I believe in ayurveda and it's capability of treating few diseases but extreme measures for even a small disease like sinusitis seems unnecessary and will only weaken you.

For what it's due, the doctors seem to know quite a lot about what they are doing, the food was ok and the yoga instructors were below average in terms of giving instructions.

Hence, overall a very bad experience! I will not recommend this place to anyone.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Manoj G
Ajith Poovathkunnel, Owner at Ayurveda Yoga Villa Group Of Retreat Centres And Hospitals, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2021

Dear Mr. Manoj G,

Greetings of the day!! At the onset, we would like to thank you for giving us an opportunity to have your stay with us and are extremely disheartened to read your review. However, we would like to clarify that you have visited our facility without a proper understanding by going through our website in which the system of our center are well explained. In the Trip Advisor reviews, our center is treated as reputed Holistic Retreat Center and Hospital. Panchakarma treatments includes therapeutic vomiting, purgation, enema, procedures, nasal administration of medicines and also blood letting procedures. This is the traditional treatment procedure. to eliminate toxins, which causes various diseases. We request you, to understand about the system and then comment. In our Trip Advisor reviews it is clearly mentioned that rooms facility are very basic with no luxuries facilities, We focus on treatments and the quality for treating patients from various types of health concerns

Reviewed April 24, 2020

These past two months were a true blessing to me. A true adventure throughout the physical and the spiritual. I came in as a mess and left strong ready to face the world. Its is remarkable what this treatment can accomplish. I'm gonna miss the smiles everyday. Big thanks to everyone at Ayurveda Yoga Villa !!!

Room tip: All the rooms are spacious and the same size
Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank TJSAB
Reviewed March 14, 2020

The community is close and spiritual. I did not feel well introduced to the program when I arrived so I had to rely on the other visitors to answer many questions. The cottages are very clean, but the lighting needs to be improved...fluorescent and high up. The power goes off regularly so it can be pitch black at night. Bring a small travel lamp. Also there’s no internet, just on a single computer at the entrance. There is a schedule and start time is 5am. Everyone is in bed by 8pm-ish. Obedience to the medical protocol is a theme. I hoped to relax but it was work...some treatments are uncomfortable...purgation which is diarrhea and possible vomiting. I was very anxious about this. You have to be ready to submit to treatment or it may not be a fit. Also you’re somewhat isolated there...it’s a long drive. Kannur is closest airport and took 3.5 hours plus to drive on one single lane road with lots of traffic.

Room tip: Bring night light and reading lamp. No mid-level lighting and it’s partially fluorescent.
Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank ibstevens
Reviewed February 26, 2020

I originally booked for 3 weeks and on the second day requested an extra week! The cottages, the yoga, the treatments, food, therapists, doctors and everyone were just amazing! They nurtured us completely feeling so welcomed! I highly recommend the villa for an amazing transformation on every level!

Room tip: All the rooms are great! Depends on your budget, however the front cottages are my favourite.
Date of stay: January 2020