Jungle Retreat Wayanad
US$59
US$57
  • Breakfast included
Wayanad Wind Resort(Kalpetta)(Great Value!)
US$41
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$57/night.

Planet Green Plantation Resort(Kalpetta)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$58
  • Breakfast included
Wyndvalley Garden Resort(Kalpetta)(Great Value!)
US$37
US$36
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Sundara Mahal Homestay(Kalpetta)(Great Value!)
US$37
Agoda.com
Sharoy Resort(Kalpetta)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswatering holespotted deerwildlife loverswatch towernight safariwild dogspug marksmr anilwildlife experiencewater holesambar deerenjoy wildlifecrossing the roadsafari drivestiger roaranimal sightingswonderful wildlife
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went on a trip with my family and stayed for 2 nights in their Twin Cottage. Meals provided by them was decent and overall staff was also ok. However, they didn't took us for night safari even after promising twice. The coordinator started making excuses when we asked the reason for not calling us. This was an unacceptable behaviour, specifically when we told during check-in that we would like to go for safari.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

We went with a group of people for a trip , and we informed them before that we are going to come with a group, and I told them I want the best Room !
But when I Was there , the room was not ready , no current available, and we out n came , and still then the current was not there , and at 2 or 3pm the current came , we just opened the refrigerator we had a bad smell , and the drinks where all open , and just imagine how the room should be maintained, the maintenance was really very very bad , and I do no how trip advisor suggested me like this place , and a 5 star review , I will post some images too that I took , and moreover I was not there , I just left over at 3 , and check in was not done , but they took all my money 45,000 RS . I booked through booking.com for 2 nights .
The bad experience in my life , seeing this kind of hotels , please be aware people. Might be there is no proper maintenance in forest , it’s very risky to stay with family .
And I called the manager several times to return my money , but they didn’t

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

For a nature, wildlife lover, there is no better place to stay than jungle retreat wayanad. We stayed for 3 nights, chose wildlife package, it had a mix of treks in the jungle and safari drives. We would definitely recommend the JLR safari, we had excellent sightings there. Do spend some time in the watch tower, we got elephants so close.

The staff is simply the best we have met, and the food was just yummy! It was a pleasure interacting with the owners, they are real wildlife enthusiasts as well.

The biggest compliment I can give is, we will absolutely love to come back to jungle retreat wayanad some day!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank mattmahogany11
Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

We (2 adults + Miss 8) stayed in the Jungle cottage. A Well appointed near new cottage with Full bathroom with shower and toilet. Large room with a queen size bed and a single bed. Small desk. Balcony overlooking pond with views to the watering hole. Ceiling fan and wall mounted fan.

We spotted monkeys on our drive to the retreat.

And deer and bison (wild goat) from our balcony.

We enjoyed tea and a snack on our balcony before we went on the giant Malabar squirrel walk and spotted two in the trees.

In The evening our guide took us in a little jeep to a nearby creek where we met with a local Indian Chief who'd lit a campfire

We enjoyed a delicious mushroom soup and the Chief made us an unbelievably good chutney on a slab of granite (using it instead of a mortal and pestle) which we enjoyed with tapioca

We returned to the retreat for dinner. We were so full, we felt bad that we couldn't eat more

The next day we had morning tea on our balcony and a delicious breakfast. We went for a jungle walk with our guide where we observed scat, footprints of elephant and the local flora.

Staff are very friendly and attentive. The chef is talented and we thoroughly enjoyed all our meals. The food was fantastic

We would definitely return this was one of the standout highlights of our trip.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2018

First of all thanks Manu for your guidance and sharing of knowledge of the forest and wildlife we really appreciate his effort to made our stay in jungle retreat .Also justin very co operative and friendly made our kids happy onboard.About the food i really appreciate your young he was preparing the food what we really expect.Also kumar he was very care full about our stay to make our very comfortable

Cheers

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
JungleRetreat, Owner at Jungle Retreat Wayanad, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2018

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your review, delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll pass on your comments to all the team members here, and we are looking forward to hosting you again in the future. Regards Anil 9742565333