All reviews spotted deer watering hole night safari wildlife lovers watch tower wild dogs pug marks water hole enjoy wildlife safari drives thirunelli temple wonderful wildlife herd of elephants drink water malabar squirrel open jeep spot wildlife
Reviewed May 21, 2018

Went on a trip with my family and stayed for 2 nights in their Twin Cottage. Meals provided by them was decent and overall staff was also ok. However, they didn't took us for night safari even after promising twice. The coordinator started making excuses when we asked the reason for not calling us. This was an unacceptable behaviour, specifically when we told during check-in that we would like to go for safari.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
JungleRetreat, Owner at Jungle Retreat Wayanad, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review. Sorry to know that you had mixed feelings about your stay with us - please do give us another chance, we'll make your stay a lot more enjoyable this time! Hoping to host you again, regards Anil 09742 565 333

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

We went with a group of people for a trip , and we informed them before that we are going to come with a group, and I told them I want the best Room !
But when I Was there , the room was not ready , no current available, and we out n came , and still then the current was not there , and at 2 or 3pm the current came , we just opened the refrigerator we had a bad smell , and the drinks where all open , and just imagine how the room should be maintained, the maintenance was really very very bad , and I do no how trip advisor suggested me like this place , and a 5 star review , I will post some images too that I took , and moreover I was not there , I just left over at 3 , and check in was not done , but they took all my money 45,000 RS . I booked through booking.com for 2 nights .
The bad experience in my life , seeing this kind of hotels , please be aware people. Might be there is no proper maintenance in forest , it’s very risky to stay with family .
And I called the manager several times to return my money , but they didn’t

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review.
I am not going to contradict anything that you have mentioned - especially when we both know that you did not stay with us, nor did you pay a single penny before you walked out when Manu told you that the Villa that you wanted ( wanted, but not booked via booking.com) was the private villa that we use when we are there and that villa is not given out to the guests. Again, I can not find fault with Manu when he requested you boys to go to your room or your room's balcony and enjoy your drinks in a responsible manner, rather than having it in the restaurant - which is a common area. Not only that we have zero tolerance to noise and don't get me wrong, I understand that your idea of fun may be having a drink or two with your friends and making merry. But when you are staying with us, you are in the jungle where it is all about the animals, nature and wildlife. Past is past - if you'd like to stay with us to enjoy nature and wildlife in a responsible manner, then you are more than welcome to visit us.

For the other guests who may be thinking of visiting us -
Ours is a small unassuming farm set in the middle of the jungle where we have regular wildlife sightings right from your room it self. Different guests have different idea of fun - If you are looking at coming in, getting drunk, disturb wildlife and nature - then this is not the place for you. On the other hand, if you want to experience nature without disturbing the wildlife, you'd like our farm.

Give it a shot - we are not that bad!

Thank you for reading, regards Anil 9742565333

Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

We (2 adults + Miss 8) stayed in the Jungle cottage. A Well appointed near new cottage with Full bathroom with shower and toilet. Large room with a queen size bed and a single bed. Small desk. Balcony overlooking pond with views to the watering hole. Ceiling fan and wall mounted fan.

We spotted monkeys on our drive to the retreat.

And deer and bison (wild goat) from our balcony.

We enjoyed tea and a snack on our balcony before we went on the giant Malabar squirrel walk and spotted two in the trees.

In The evening our guide took us in a little jeep to a nearby creek where we met with a local Indian Chief who'd lit a campfire

We enjoyed a delicious mushroom soup and the Chief made us an unbelievably good chutney on a slab of granite (using it instead of a mortal and pestle) which we enjoyed with tapioca

We returned to the retreat for dinner. We were so full, we felt bad that we couldn't eat more

The next day we had morning tea on our balcony and a delicious breakfast. We went for a jungle walk with our guide where we observed scat, footprints of elephant and the local flora.

Staff are very friendly and attentive. The chef is talented and we thoroughly enjoyed all our meals. The food was fantastic

We would definitely return this was one of the standout highlights of our trip.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest, Many thanks for your review, delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you have experienced, ours is a very unassuming farm where we try our best to make sure that you are well looked after. Along with that, we are also die-hard wildlife lovers. So when the guests go back happy and the animals are undisturbed, then what more can we ask for! Looking forward to hosting you again. Regards Anil 9742 565 333

Reviewed April 20, 2018

First of all thanks Manu for your guidance and sharing of knowledge of the forest and wildlife we really appreciate his effort to made our stay in jungle retreat .Also justin very co operative and friendly made our kids happy onboard.About the food i really appreciate your young he was preparing the food what we really expect.Also kumar he was very care full about our stay to make our very comfortable

Cheers

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
JungleRetreat, Owner at Jungle Retreat Wayanad, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2018

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your review, delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll pass on your comments to all the team members here, and we are looking forward to hosting you again in the future. Regards Anil 9742565333

Reviewed March 30, 2018

We stayed two nights at Jungle Retreat Wayanad and loved every minute of it. On the edge of the reserve JRW is perfectly situated to see the wildlife of which we saw plenty, the highlight listening to a tiger call from close by. Comfortable, with good food, JRW is well run and the staff are delightful and very helpful. This was a special experience.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nigelshakespear
JungleRetreat, Owner at Jungle Retreat Wayanad, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your review. Listening to the calls of the Tiger, that too from your room- what a special experience, glad you could experience it! Hoping to host you again, regards Anil 9742 565 333