I visited this place with my friends in august and below are the pros and cons of this place :
Pros : Though this place is a bit secluded, its placed admist a green estate near lakes and hills. Its quite, calm and will love the atmosphere.
Cons : 1. Food : This was such a big let down. We read so many good reviews but was served below standard food. There was not much options to start with. They need better chef.
2. Tent stay : This was the whole reason why we decided to book this place. But tents needed major upkeeping. The plugs wont work, tv is wasted, lights wont work, rat fights kept us awake at night, hot water takes forever and it smelled like the place was not used for ages. This was definitely not worth the money paid.
3. Hospitality : The owner seldom did interact with us. He wanted us to do the trekking arranged by them. Once we said we are not interested for the same, there ended our interaction. He did not check on us much and since i had a local contact we were good. But the owner should take interest and help his visitors based on their interest.
4. Parking : Expert driving skills needed to park here since its sloped at 40' angle. Cramped and will have to park one behind the other.
So in hindsight, this was not worth the money paid and will find better homestay/hotel options in wayand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grassroots is at the foothills of the Vythiri ranges with the majestic Chembra peak to the left and the Banasura/Kuruchermala to the right. The property straddles a tea estate and has a swift flowing river with a Pannia (a tribe found in Kerala & Tamil Nadu) colony at the edge of the river. Set on a three acre slope of coffee, areca nut and pepper, Grassroots overlooks the tea plantations planted during the colonial era. A quaint stream below forms a general area of activity for the scattered population of tribals and other residents. The Banasura range of mountains beyond completes the picture, making it truly magical. Accommodation is in Luxury Swiss tents, spacious and plush with every amenity that the discerning traveler would want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Grassroots Wayanad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grassroots Wayanad Kalpetta, India - Kerala