All reviewssunday lunchdead endthe pubwarm welcomeserved promptlychoice of drinksfamily mealdessert menuvisiting friendshome cookedate heresingle bedcomfortable roomfunction roomstuffingfull englishfamily room
Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

This pub was a great find. Everyone was Very welcoming. Great food and good portions. Great varied menu and not overpriced. All looked clean and tidy, would visit again and highly recommend to anyone. Good and varied specials board

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2017 via mobile

Sunday lunch at the Beacon today was absolutely gorgeous -home cooked food at its best with plenty of lovely fresh vegetables and a jug of hot gravy - pork and crackling !! We were very impressed and will be back - booked for Mother's Day before we left. I try to get out of cooking Sunday lunch whenever possible so we have sampled many local (ish) / the Beacon is one of the best so far.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2017

If you have ever been for a meal here on any other day but Sunday I know why you might not want to go back but trust me the Sunday lunch is the absolute best around. My husband & I frequently eat out, especially on Sundays and have tried several places. We have eaten at The Beacon many times for what you would call an average week-day meal in very dated surroundings but don't be put off honestly I cannot praise the Sunday lunches enough. We had to wait ages for our food and thought this to be a bad sign but it's simply that there were so busy. When our food came we were not disappointed, plenty of meat, plenty of veg brought out in a separate dish and fabulous gravy. Booking is highly recommended as they regularly have to turn hopeful lunchers away.
I just wish the rest of the food was the same standard.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

We have just spent 2 nights at the Beacon, visiting friends for a birthday party.
We were looked after so well, the room was lovely. The kids loved the bunk beds! All the food was great, especially the buffet for the party.
This is just how a village pub should be, welcoming and friendly!
Can't wait to stay again!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

We ate here for my birthday
We arrived just after 7pm
Plenty of parking. Inside was warm and welcoming. Staff very pleasant and friendly.The menu was varied and I think catered for most people. The food was excellent and they had a good selection of beers would definitely recommend this place . It's a little out of the way but worth the trip.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple