My wife and I spent 3 nights here in November. There is much to be praise about the hotel. It is well situated for touring the Cotswolds being midway between Cheltenham and Gloucester. The hotel was very clean and the majority of the staff were friendly are helpful. We were unfortunate that during our stay the hotel had a large conference on the Monday which meant guests staying overnight on Sunday were relegated to having breakfast in a meeting room. This meant marginally less choice but more importantly pre brewed tea. In addition the lovely pool was closed on Tuesday for cleaning. Not to be warned of this before we came I think was a mistake.
The leisure facilities are fine with a dozen or so aerobic machines and a separate weights room, however if I was to be picky the acoustics in the pool are pretty bad inasmuch as any conversation echoes around and in the accompanying sauna and steam room – not conducive to a relaxing experience.
What was disappointing was our evening dining experience. Not only was the service quiet slow and the staff generally lacked smiles (mind you not sure I would smile if I had to wear brown tops and orange waistcoats) but there were some basic errors made such as unused glasses not cleared from the table. It’s frustrating to watch the drink you have ordered wait at the bar for 5 minutes but this is what we and other diners did. On both nights the Daily Specials were the same and when we questioned the hotel we were informed that Daily specials only changed every 2 days.
We gave a full list of our complaints and observations to the hotel n our departure so its up to them to make changes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cheltenham Chase Hotel is situated conveniently close to both Cheltenham & Gloucester and just minutes away from junction 11a of the M5. The Hotel boasts 122 contemporary, air conditioned bedrooms, all with flat screen TVs, tea & coffee making facilities and fridges. Hardy's Restaurant offers fantastic food in a light contemporary atmosphere overlooking the Cotswold Hills, whilst Hunters Bar and Lounge provides a relaxed area in which to enjoy a great range of food and drink. There is an extensive leisure club with great facilities including a pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, a fully equipped gym and weights area and a Spa offering a full range of treatments. Complimentary WiFi is available throughout the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - a q Brockworth
- Cheltenham Chase Hotel
- Cheltenham Chase Brockworth