Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$48
Expedia.comUS$49
Hotels.comUS$49
PricelineUS$48
TravelocityUS$49
Vio.comUS$48
All reviews alton towers cherry tree double bed no tea making facilities service station an extra pillow all you can eat petrol station excellent value for money great shower minute drive tea coffee plenty of hot water would stay again room was spotless couple of nights kfc
Selected filters
Reviewed October 16, 2022

Stayed here for our weekend trip to Alton Towers which was perfect as only about 25-30 min drive. Staff were very welcoming and friendly. Rooms are a little on the small side but it was fine for us. The rooms were extremely clean and tidy, reminded us of a hospital room. I needed an extra pillow, popped to reception who were extremely accommodating, nothing seemed to be a bother to them. Didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on this but really have no complaints, had a very pleasant stay here and wouldn't hesitate to book again in the future.

Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Luqmaan Issa, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2022

Dear 901samo

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis budget Derby. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis budget Derby. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay.
Paulina

Reviewed September 16, 2022 via mobile

Good welcoming from staff when arriving at the hotel. Gold service from staff through out my stay and reception was open all night. Good food served during breakfast each morning, could not fault. Would stay here again and reccommend to anyone.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Luqmaan Issa, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2022

Dear Jones2019

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed September 13, 2022

Date of stay: September 2022
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.

Reviewed August 22, 2022 via mobile

Booked this to meet friends, we live in the North West and they live in the south so this was round about in the middle between us.
It was an ideal location for what we wanted (a chilled night with good food and drinks).
Situated in a service station with plenty of facilities (coffee shop which serves lovely coffee, a pub the cherry tree, which was great for drinks and a kfc ) the location was pretty perfect.
For a 2* budget hotel it did what I expected. The room was clean and basic.
There wasn’t coffee/tea making facilities in the room but 24/7 drink making facilities in reception are available.
Ok the reason why I’ve given 3/5 the best was so uncomfortable I struggled to sleep.
My husband wanted to stay out to watch the end of the boxing but I went back to hotel I had to stay awake to let him in because we were only issued with one key card (standard apparently ). So I had to stay awake to let him in the room.
My husband attempted to get a beer on return, from the hotel bar but was told he couldn’t drink it in the bar area because the night staff had cleaned already.
The staff on the door were rude to my husband when he tried to get back in because he was a little stupid and couldn’t work out how to get back in (after coming in and going back out to the car passing and saying hello to the staff ). It required the scanning of the door with your hotel key card but reception staff are also able to let patrons in from the inside (I think it was slightly inconvenient).
These issues didn’t ruin our stay - we had a great time, but warranted the 3/5 in my opinion

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Luqmaan Issa, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2022

Dear guest,

Sebastian

Reviewed August 16, 2022

I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of noise outside my hotel room - it is the first time I have stayed in a hotel at the services so I thought I would hear traffic noise, but I didn`t. The room is compact. The window blind did not block all light, but it was much better than short curtains. The shower was powerful - the towels were good quality. The bed and bedding were good, and clean. The air con was superb (we stayed during the heatwave - it was a great relief to come away from the festival and into a cool room). There are food outlets at the services - I did not use them as I drove out to a supermarket.

Room tip: We stayed in room 148 on the top floor (two floors - ground plus top) - we were overlooking the car park, but, there was very little noise.
Date of stay: August 2022
Luqmaan Issa, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2022

Dear Guest,