“Grim, exceedingly long wait..the food... 🤢”

Cherry Tree Farm, Dining & Carvery
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Willington
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Not told that the queue for carvery would take 35 minutes. With two little ones in tow it was an absolute nightmare - not least because the kids in front and behind us were causing carnage and it was rubbing off on my two who found them hilarious.

1 person carving for the masses. Food had other food spilt in it, stuffing was chalky and I quote my 5 year old, ‘hard to eat’. Peas had dried up, plates had ran out so the 1 carver disappeared, no apology for the wait...

I was not told about the wait and nor were any other customers. Trust me - I was hawk eyed when trying to order and pay.

Food from the main menu had been under a heat lamp that long it had gone crusty.

I complained to a manageress in a black dress and blonde hair about the wait. Absolutely no apology. She just said right, ok.

No one came to check on restaurant menu ordered food.... or Carvery food for that matter.

Carvery was filthy. The carver was dropping meat on the surface and still putting in on plates. There were chunks of discarded end of meat joints which had dried up they had been abandoned so long ago and crumbs of meat all over the place. It just looked filthy.

Horrendous experience. Just horrendous.

TheCherrytreefarmpub, General Manager at Cherry Tree Farm, Dining & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, if you would like to discuss your visit any further please feel free to contact us

Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,350)

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

First time for breakfast NOT GOOD been many times for lunch can not fault it but the breakfast not good at all . Eggs hard bacon to fatty not cooked . Will not go again not a patch on Harvester for breakfast

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we are sorry you did not enjoy your breakfast with us.

We hope this doesn't stop you trying us again.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Been here many times and I have never been disappointed. I have eaten off the menu but I can never resist a carvery when I come to cherry tree, which is odd because I don’t really like them much. Too many times have I been to a carvery and the meat is over cooked, nasty roast tatties, watery gravy or not much choice of veg. Cherry tree is the opposite. Beef cooked still a bit pink, loads of choice of veg, great gravy and amazing value for money. We had a party of 21 of us, some ordered off the menu, and nobody was disappointed. My daughter ordered a burger off the menu and she is a fussy eater, she loved it.
The staff are also really friendly and are always on the go.
They are doing milkshakes now too, any ice cream flavour they have they will turn into a milkshake and they are really nice.
The thing I like about cherry tree is that it doesn’t pretend to be something it’s not. It is a pub style restaurant that just happens to do good honest food at a reasonable price.

Hi,

Thanks for such a lovely review, we are pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

We've been here a couple of times as a "cheap and cheerful" after work but after our most recent visit I don't think I'd bother again. Service was quite good, we were told to expect a 20 minute wait but food arrived after about 15 minutes. I have no great expectations of being presented with a culinary masterpiece when eating here but what we got was totally underwhelming. My wife had suet pudding, the suet was actually hard so more like a pie and was accompanied by luke warm veg, I had the mixed grill, the steak was almost entirely fat or grissle, in fact with the exception is the sausage all the meat was pretty poor and overall the whole thing was bland.
Positives, decent range of real ale and drink prices are reasonable, the place is always busy and offers a carvery as well as food off the menu. I think for me I'd rather pay a couple of pounds more to get better quality and taste.

TheCherrytreefarmpub, General Manager at Cherry Tree Farm, Dining & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, if you would like to discuss your visit with us further then please get in touch on 01283 701785

We do hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

This is a real find and a really enjoyable meal.
When you go anywhere to eat you are never sure on the food but this was exceptional
The portions were really good and the food was hot and really tasty.
I even had desert, which you can take out so I got one for the wife too!
The cake selection is awesome and the deserts are a joy!
A real ‘must go to’ place and one I’ll be certainly visiting again!

TheCherrytreefarmpub, General Manager at Cherry Tree Farm, Dining & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2018

Thank you for this great review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit and we are looking forward to seeing you again.