Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews nightly entertainment coco cafe pool bar the general manager island tour secluded cove st martin market cafe low occupancy jerk chicken marina view all inclusives foam party sliding door maho beach uvc member beautiful beach
Selected filters
Reviewed November 15, 2022

Very disappointed in this Secrets property. Very remote location. Swim up room lacked privacy where people exited pool in front of our chairs on our deck. Also we had smokers in room next to ours and smoke drifted into our room so we had to keep the sliders closed at all times. Menu was the same all week but the food was good especially the lunch buffet. Pool grill was closed and there was no beach service. Room service was very good. Overall this was a disappointing Secrets property.

Room tip: If you want privacy do not get a swim up room.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank G2571HLjohnj
Secrets St Martin, General Manager at Secrets St. Martin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2022

Dear HLJohnj

We are deeply sorry for the inconveniences you encountered. On behalf of the staff and Management of our resort we would like to offer you an apology for not completely fulfilling your expectations.

There seems to have been a number of deficiencies encountered which are very atypical and not reflective of our brand experience; if this stay was marred by irregular circunstances, we can only renew our apologies and I would like to mention that our Operations Committee has already read your valuable remarks.

Wwe appreciate the time you spent to share your comments following your visit to our resort.

Reviewed November 9, 2022

I was extremely disappointed with my stay at this resort. There is absolutely no entertainment. I normally stay at all inclusive resorts and they offer a variety of things to do throughout the day and night like yoga, pool/beach games, live music/dj, pool parties, movie nights, etc. It's basically built into the price. I did not enjoy the food and the drinks are weak. The staff is polite and will do their job, nothing more, nothing less. The beach is nice and the pool is just okay. The best thing about the resort is the housekeeping. I don't know if it's because I was a preferred guest, but housekeeping came every day. However, we still had issues with the room. For the first 2 1/2 days of my stay, the room smelled weird because of the *toilet and sink. We assumed something was going on with the plumbing. At check in, we were charged around $2,800 EURO and was told that it would convert to the correct amount in USD which was around $2,700. I confirmed this at check in/out and was provide the same information. The charge cleared and it's still the wrong amount. I am now waiting for a response via email because apparently, they can not handle this issue over the phone. Overall, if you are looking for silence and plan to lay at the pool or beach all day, this may be an option for you. If you're looking for something more lively and/or upbeat, please book elsewhere! All the bars, club, shopping, and restaurant are on the Dutch side anyway which is 30 minutes away (near airport).

Date of stay: November 2022

Dear Kay B,

We appreciate your comments. Thank you for sharing your valued opinion about your stay at Secrets St Martin Resort & Spa.

We are happy to learn that you had a wonderful experience with Mimi and that you enjoy our incredible beach, beautiful rooms, and fantastic service. Please be assured that we will work in all the opportunity areas shared in this review to improve our service. We will make sure to share this with the rest of the know the kind words you shared about their amazing service.

Reviewed November 6, 2022 via mobile

I’m here for my mother in laws 10 year transplant anniversary. This is a celebration of life.

There’s 11 of us. At 4k for a swim up and luxury level amenities it has been by far one of the least pleasuring resorts. The jacuzzi is broken, they don’t refill the mini bar, they have limited staffing, don’t refill towels daily upon request.

Staff are kind, but untrained. Limited staffing. I was told by concierge, this isn’t normal concierge they’re not a full concierge service.

Misleading information.

Shower doesn’t drain, holes, mold everywhere in our room.

I have two more days here and I’m already writing my review. I’ve had enough.

They’ve turned us away from dinners because of dress code, yet the service and amenities are mediocre at best.

Additionally, the sports bar hasn’t been open, TV & internet DOES NOT WORK. We’ve called maintenance repeatedly and we were told that the island doesn’t have good service so things just won’t work.

Unfortunately, I never plan to stay again, I’ll be making my experience public on Twitter, Instagram, FB, tiktok, and yelp.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Yasmeen P
Secrets St Martin, General Manager at Secrets St. Martin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2022

Dear Yasmeen P

On behalf of the staff and Management of our resort we appreciate the time you spent to share your comments following your visit to our resort, and we would like to offer you an apology for not completely fulfilling your expectations. We are deeply sorry for the inconveniences you encountered.

However we sincerely lament reading that some parts of your experience was not as pleasant as it should have been, there seems to have been a number of deficiencies encountered which are very atypical and not reflective of our brand experience; if this stay was marred by irregular circunstances, we can only renew our apologies and I would like to mention that our Operations Committee has already read your valuable remarks. We take all comments such as these very seriously and will do our best to correct all points made.

Your review has stimulated us to continue endeavor to achieve your satisfaction if you decide to honor us with a new visit in our restaurant.

Reviewed November 1, 2022 via mobile

This hotel was so beautiful online, and having stayed at many other secrets properties both in Mexico, Jamaica and the Dominican Republic, I guess I understand and have a certain expectation when it comes to Secrets properties, as while they are often more expensive you know you are going to get 5 star service that is next to none. So we decided to book a week at this resort in St Martin. However, we were sad to realize this was nothing like any other secrets resort we have visited, as the property is truly in need of a complete overhaul. I feel that the property probably never recovered or had an appropriate investment for renovations after the hurricane that made land fall there several years ago. First off the room view was, not the greatest, was blocked by a tree and over looked the mountains. We had requested a high floor, but the best they could offer was a second floor room, and it was handicap accessible. While we did not need a handicap room, this was a bit upsetting as we had to put towels down on the shower as it was zero entry and the water would run out of the shower, also there was a bunch of additional handles and grab bars that really were not needed. However, the bed was comfortable and minibar was stocked daily and housekeeping staff did do a nice job, and the a/c worked well. So while there was some bad there was also many good aspects of the room. However, I would say it was really not anything great compared to other secrets properties, I would say more similar to a holiday inn express or best western quality. So don’t go expecting a deluxe or luxury room. But know it will be clean and comfortable. As far as the pool and hot tub, it was nice however in need of some repair, there was a pump running that they used to filter the water as the infinity design was out of service, the water was not going over the side to be filtered like with other infinity pools I’ve used. The hot tub also out of service we were told there was some sort of earthquake that left a crack in the hot tub making it unusable, so this was a bit upsetting as it had beach views and we were kind of looking forward to using it. So while the pool was nice, again needs work. At the pool too there was no music or really much entertainment, and while the entertainment staff was very nice the hotel is so limited on guests I’m really not sure how they would have enough people to really offer any entertainment or group activities like pool volleyball and the like. But some music or background noice would have been nice. Also, the drink service by the pool is lacking with one person bringing drinks, if she’s on duty as some days she was off. Also, the pool Resturant or beach grille was open one day of the 8 days we were there. So this is also an inconvenience, as you have to dry off and get dressed to go have lunch in the Buffett, and sometimes it’s nice to be able to have a quick snack by the pool without having to dry off, put on shirt and shoes etc to go to the Buffett, plus often times I’m not looking for a big sit down meal mid day just a snack so this was a bummer. The pool bar was nice but, swim up bar often closed so you have to get out and go to other adjacent bar to get a drink, not a major issue as drinks we good, but small. My thing is don’t advertise something you won’t be offering that’s all, because the issue that comes to be is you expect it and then are found to be saddened it’s not offered. I would also recommend bringing a cup or mug that you can use for them to make you a drink that then would eliminate the small drink issue. I see others doing that and it was smart. As far as the beach area it was beautiful, bring a small blow up travel raft like with the blow up side bolsters with the mesh part, this was great to float on in the calm waters of the bay that the hotel is on. Also, bring a snorkel mask like 20 buck on Amazon as the fish and sea life are beautiful. Also, water shoes are nice while there is mostly sand on the bottom once you get so far out there is some sea weed that’s alive on the ocean floor, and I think water shoes make that a better experience. Beach chairs are great, umbrellas need some work, as they look like they have seen better days, but again they work and do their purpose but not the level you would expect of a secrets. Dining, the food was really good I thought for all inclusive, and similar in quality to other secrets properties, however again they advertise several restaurants open nightly and usually there was only 1-2 open. So don’t expect a lot of choice with dining, however they also have some theme dining nights, and I still would have preferred to have other options available like advertised if your not into the menu for the theme night, as like the one night was like a beach bbq style and the last night was like this show with a Buffett type dining option, and the show was not really a show but a band playing Caribbean music, and loud so not my style so we opted for the hibachi dining that night, and I found it to be really good. The staff was also so so nice and you could tell they are very proud of where they work but just need resources and more staff to assist them. You can’t expect one person to run an entire dining venue even if you only have a small number of guests, so I think this issue could be fixed but, again don’t expect every dining venue to be open every night, and go later in the evening after the rush, like 730 or 8 and you will have pretty much the whole venue to yourself and one on one service, if you go early you most likely will have a wait, and see the limited food and beverage staff running around which is sad and unfair to them, as again many of them are very kind and personable, and have pride for what they do, but no resources or staff to make everything run smooth. Breakfast was nice, with your typical all inclusive Buffett and omelette station and egg station, however probably not as deluxe as other secrets properties I’ve been. Room service is nice, however again, don’t expect really fancy options, but what was offered was good and served hot for the most part. I enjoyed one dinner in room and a couple breakfasts, and you could have it on the balcony or in the room at a small bistro table. Lastly with the room service again it’s advertised 24/7 and while this isn’t a concern for me, if your a night owl or a late night bar type person who enjoys to shut the bar down and then come to room and order late night some nights this was not an option as the room service closed at 10pm, so plan accordingly. Again this wasn’t an issue for me, but again it’s advertised and your paying a premium to stay at a top tier resort so it should be available if advertised. Overall, the vacation was really nice, bed was clean, food was good, facilities were clean but needed some work and the staff was kind warm and welcoming and did the best they could with what resources and staff they had at their disposal. However, I would not say this is up to the standard as to what they are charging by any means. They need to reduce the prices until they can get their act together, and the facilities renovated, and really maybe even shut down, and fully revamp take the time to hire enough staff then open under the secrets brand, I say this because if I had never been to a secrets before I wouldn’t have known what to compare it to, and this is not secrets quality. However, I will say when they asked me how my stay was I was upfront and told them my thoughts, both good and bad. I was honest, and kind and told the manager the hotel has a lot of potential however really needs some major injection of money to get the hotel where it needs to be so it can appropriately have the name of the secrets brand. For the most part the manager agreed, and made it sound like those who own or operate the hotel do not follow through in the requests being made, so I assume they are stingy and trying to make up for all the Covid-19 losses and travel restrictions that took place. However that’s not the way to run any business as you need to deliver on what you advertise. The manager was understanding and receptive and I was able to get a credit for a couple of nights which in the end made me much happier, because again as I said the hotel had nice offerings, but by no means is it a top tier deluxe property worth paying top tier pricing for. My two cents would be try to find the best price or discounted rate you can and go in with an open mind, if you go. However, I’m hopeful the hotel will undergo a complete overhaul as that’s truly what’s needed. So I give it a 4 as the hotel management staff really did understand and take my feedback offering a discount, but I just think until they get things together it’s probably a 3 star at this point in time, and I’m hopeful who ever owns the place gets it up to the secrets standard asap as the more that experience secrets in this manner and are not familiar with what it should be like they would never probably go to another secrets property again and pay such a premium due to their experience here as again, this is more comparable to a Barcelo resort or other mid level all inclusive not the premium luxury top tier one would expect from a Secrets. I hope you find this review helpful, as I didn’t want to come on here and complain as the hotel does have potential but I think it’s important people know what to expect before they arrive and be prepared.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank kylegA4895RH

Dear kylega4895rh

We are truly grateful for your kind words about you having a wonderful time at the resort. We are so honour to read you'll love to return to Secrets St Martin Resort & Spa.

We are happy to learn that you had an overall wonderful stay and that you enjoyed all the services of our Unlimited-Luxury package, the staff was friendly, the views are amazing, the rooms were clean. Please be assured that we will work in all the opportunity areas shared in this review to improve our service and share with the team your kind words.

Secrets St. Martin Resort & Spa

Reviewed October 30, 2022

I have never written a review for a resort before but from the minute we arrived at Secrets St Martin, both my husband and I knew this was not going to be the resort for us. We were both excited to go to St Martin for the first time. We are UVC members and have gone to many resorts throughout Cancun and DR. We love Secrets so expected to have the same exceptional experience here. Not the case.
Let me start by saying St Martin was beautiful and the location of the resort was amazing. AMR had no control over the beauty of nature that surrounds this resort. We were lucky to sit each day and just admire the beautiful mountains and water. The water is seaweed free, unlike Mexico or DR, and crystal clear which allowed us to see fish and even a turtle. The grounds overall of the resort were very nice but nothing special. Our only other real positive was that the room was updated and probably the best area of the resort. Very modern and comfortable.
So here’s the rest. We heard that the resort was at about 25% capacity, which was clear by the empty pools and restaurants. While I understand that with that limited capacity there may not need to be tons of employees, there were not even enough staff to manage the kind of service you expect at AMR. We were at a Breathless last year during COVID when it was also at minimum capacity and we received amazing attention. There was little to no beach or pool wait staff. At the restaurants, they were disorganized and unconcerned with providing fast or quality service. The first morning we went to breakfast at the main restaurant and never returned. We ordered room service every day after that, which did not disappoint. The tables at breakfast were not set, they brought each utensil or drink out individually or not at all. Some guests went behind the counter and retrieved their own napkin, silverware or drinks. At other resorts, there are usually no less than 3 people to each table to seat you, get drinks and continue to check in. This lack of service happened at every restaurant every night. We walked into many restaurants to full tables and not a single person eating. There appeared to be no concern with meeting guests needs in any timely fashion. Additionally, there were only two choices per night for dinner. The menus didn’t change. We ate at Hibachi two nights (the sit down, not the hibachi tables) and it was the most unimpressive restaurant we have even been in. Chairs were like those you would see in a convention center and not a single decoration on the walls. A bare room with tables and hot as heck. The main restaurant had non working fans so it was just a huge sweatbox. Along with the service, there seemed to be no dress code for meals. At other resorts, men are asked to wear pants and collared shirts. No flip flops or bathing suits are allowed, especially at dinner. We saw multiple guests throughout the week wearing bathing suits, cover-ups, jean cut off shorts, and tank tops at dinners. Maybe its just me and I like to dress up on my vacations but at least hold the standards that you can’t walk into a restaurant at 8 pm wearing your beach coverup.
Another big complaint is that there is absolutely no reason to choose Preferred Club. The only “upgrade” would be that there is a small lounge for check in with bar and snacks. There is no separate pool, no separate beach, no separate service. The concierge service was worthless. The snacks were put out in the morning and left all day. It also appeared that anyone who felt like going in the lounge could just walk right in. There was a UVC rep on site but no push to participate in the presentation as we felt they knew they weren’t going to sell anyone based off of this property.
Finally, the pools and beach were an absolute embarrassment. Each pool was chipped everywhere, the drain covers were coming off, and the lights around the edges were all falling off. They did “clean” the pools daily but they could have used some real deep cleaning. The beach had weeds along the entire back wall and old chairs and broken umbrellas and even a wood pallet were piled up. The chairs and umbrellas in use were mismatched and the umbrellas looked like they had seen better days.
Personally, I enjoy fitness activities on vacation and those did not disappoint. I enjoyed daily yoga and pilates with the visiting instructor. We took a “grueling” hike with JeMichelle who was wonderful and a pleasure to interact with. As for any nightly entertainment, it was hit or miss. The karaoke nights were fun and the live band and steel drums were great. The nightly lounge singers were mostly unbearable. We went to bed early some nights because it was just so bad. But don’t plan to watch TV as there are only about 2 English speaking channels.
We heard that this resort had been acquired only about 2 years ago and it shows. At this point, I would not return to this resort until I knew for sure it had seen some major upgrades and improvement in their staff and service.

Room tip: Choose beach/ocean/pool view. Don't choose marina view
3  Thank R210TQkristens
Secrets St Martin, General Manager at Secrets St. Martin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2022

Dear R210TQkristens

Thank you so much for sharing your valuable feedback. We are truly grateful for your kind words about our very modern and comfortable rooms.

We are happy to learn that you had an overall wonderful stay and that you enjoyed all the services of our Unlimited-Luxury package. Please be assured that will share your kind comments with the team and we will work in all the opportunity areas shared in this review to improve our service.

Secrets St. Martin Resort & Spa