Parador Villas Sotomayor(Adjuntas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$140
US$114
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

US$157
US$125
US$191
US$166
  • Pool
All reviewsmorning yoga classceiling fanyoga roompuerto ricosurrounded by mountainsno air conditioningrooms are basicpeace and quietold san juanforestcordilleraaccommodationsmountainsideprlizardslodging
Reviewed April 22, 2017

Went there reluctantly for my wife's birthday, since they do not have TV, internet, or AC. Our afternoon started off great, with a hike through a small mountain followed by two Malbecs and a sangria for my wife. Albeit the bar was closed, the lady in the front desk was great, since she served our drinks. Dinner was healthy, with fresh ingredients, and it was one of the best rice with chicken I have had in Puerto Rico. Had hummus as appetizer, and they had plenty of vegetarian dishes. Amy wife had a very good pasta with pesto. Beds were comfortable, and the room was clean, and cool with the ceiling fan. They had alternative milks for breakfast, and the oatmeal was made with almond milk and coconut syrup, which was great, since my wife is allergic to dairy. I had the omelet and a plate of fruits. A great experience overall with extremely nice and well trained staff. Beautiful place, since it sits on the base of mountains.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

I was here for breakfast, dinner, and a morning yoga class! The food was healthy and of high quality! The staff was very kind and welcoming! Even the owner, Steve, spent time talking with me about the morning yoga class before I signed up for it! I took a class the next morning with Veeta and one other guest which was very relaxing! I want to address a previous review on March 21st written by Caton F. I was shocked to read such a review! Turns out I was there on the same day as this reviewer and I can assure you that his review was not as it was in reality. The minor repair that was being done on the walk way didn't bother me because obviously I just simply walked around the small patch of concrete being repair. It wasn't rocket science! I didn't need guidance even though there was plenty of staff there to help if I needed. Also the food was extremely fresh and healthy! That's why I ate two lovely meals there. My dinner was fabulous but if I had needed something I would have resolved it the same way I got my meal by simply walking into the dining area and saying hello! This place has such an incredible atmosphere I can't imagine anyone being there and not tuning in to the positive vibes! I will DEFINITELY be back next time I visit Utuado!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing. We enjoyed the peace and quiet. The charm of this place for me is that it's in the mountains, far away from everything. If you are looking for amenities, this is not it. If you want a place to unwind and enjoy the tranquility of nature, you have found your niche. The rooms are basic, 2 beds with a ceiling fan. There's storage to organize your things. The bathroom is a good size. I love the hammock outside. It's perfect to spend the in reading a book. We took two kids with us and a bunch of games and toys. They enjoyed themselves as much as we did. We hiked the trail and explored the river a little. We also spent a good amount of time playing in the pool and watching the lizards and birds. The restaurant is good enough to where to don't have to leave. Breakfast was my favorite, especially the coffee and fresh fruit.

If you go, bring a good book and the desire to connect with nature!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

If you want to get away, be close to nature, relax and meditate this is your place! What a beautiful experience is this hotel. It also has a really nice restaurant. There is no air conditioning but you don't need it. We slept to the sound of a river near by. The place is very quiet and in the middle of the mountain. Each cabin has a private balcony where you can relax and enjoy the view. Loved it and cant wait to go back!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2017

We stayed here for one night in March expecting a relaxing and comfortable mountain retreat after a few nights at an apartment in Old San Juan. We got a terrific view of the mountains but unfortunately that's about it. While we were expecting no air conditioning/TV/internet/etc., we were not expecting motel-quality beds with springs poking through, rough sheets and towels, ceiling fans with only two speeds (tornado and off), wall dispensers of soap, and disinterested service. For example, the walkway was broken and instead of offering to help our family of four with our bags, the staff leaning on the balcony above shouted down suggestions on how to walk around another way. As another example, the server at dinner (Ivy) appeared to have no interest in providing basic food service; she rarely checked on us despite our being the only family in the restaurant at the time, didn't bother checking to see if our food was OK (it wasn't - meat was under cooked), and seemed more interested in talking with the cook in the back than engaging her guests. Perhaps if you have low expectations for accommodations this place will be OK for you, but for us after reading the website and reviews we were expecting more.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Caton F
Founder-Director, Owner at Casa Grande Mountain Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2017

As I've devoted the last 21 years to offering quality service and customer satisfaction at Casa Grande I was deeply troubled by this guest's experience. I was really surprised about the bed complaint as our mattresses are quite new, of high quality and the same make and style placed in Marriott hotel rooms on the island. We do not iron our sheets and towels so the guest might not have be accustomed to the touch. We use wall soap dispensers to reduce waste and facilitate cleaning. The walkway was under repair and we had a sign to guide people to make a small, simple detour. I showed this review to Ivy who hasl taken the reviewer's comments to heart. That being said, she consistently gets high marks from our guests for excellent service.
I appreciate receiving these candid comments as they help to improve the quality of our service.