Parador Villas Sotomayor(Adjuntas)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$128
US$201
Hilton.com
  • Pool
All reviewsmorning yoga classceiling fanyoga retreatpuerto ricosurrounded by mountainsno air conditioningrooms are basicold san juanforestcordilleraaccommodationsmountainsideprlizardslodging
Reviewed May 1, 2017

The are few dining options in rural Utuado but this is one of them. We did our best to hurry here well before closing so we could enjoy a local meal in paradise. We both had fish of the day which tasted bland and boiled as well as a mountain of bland and over boiled veggies that were softer than baby food. Probably would have been a better dining experience had our server had any sort of personality. No communication issues. We speak Spanish. When I asked for a mojito the server stated nobody was available to cut their home grown mint even though there was indeed other staff there. Thankfully we found other dining options the other nights which had amazing tasty food and friendlier service.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2017

My first visit to Casa Grande was last week and I am already preparing my return trip. The positive reviews were on target. We were warmly greeted at the front desk and the short walk to our room was rewarded by lush landscaping and mountain views. Our room was clean and the bed was was heaven. The patio with chairs and a hammock was the perfect place to relax, read and listen to the sounds of nature. When I did not think it could get better we were treated to a freshly prepared dinner and wonderful service (the homemade sangria is the best). The pinnacle was back at our room sitting under the stars, which was enhanced by the nearby babbling brook. Thank you for maintaining such a lovely sanctuary and creating happy memories.

Room Tip: I truly there is now a bad room at the resort. Every room has a patio and wonderful view
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2017

Went there reluctantly for my wife's birthday, since they do not have TV, internet, or AC. Our afternoon started off great, with a hike through a small mountain followed by two Malbecs and a sangria for my wife. Albeit the bar was closed, the lady in the front desk was great, since she served our drinks. Dinner was healthy, with fresh ingredients, and it was one of the best rice with chicken I have had in Puerto Rico. Had hummus as appetizer, and they had plenty of vegetarian dishes. Amy wife had a very good pasta with pesto. Beds were comfortable, and the room was clean, and cool with the ceiling fan. They had alternative milks for breakfast, and the oatmeal was made with almond milk and coconut syrup, which was great, since my wife is allergic to dairy. I had the omelet and a plate of fruits. A great experience overall with extremely nice and well trained staff. Beautiful place, since it sits on the base of mountains.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

I was here for breakfast, dinner, and a morning yoga class! The food was healthy and of high quality! The staff was very kind and welcoming! Even the owner, Steve, spent time talking with me about the morning yoga class before I signed up for it! I took a class the next morning with Veeta and one other guest which was very relaxing! I want to address a previous review on March 21st written by Caton F. I was shocked to read such a review! Turns out I was there on the same day as this reviewer and I can assure you that his review was not as it was in reality. The minor repair that was being done on the walk way didn't bother me because obviously I just simply walked around the small patch of concrete being repair. It wasn't rocket science! I didn't need guidance even though there was plenty of staff there to help if I needed. Also the food was extremely fresh and healthy! That's why I ate two lovely meals there. My dinner was fabulous but if I had needed something I would have resolved it the same way I got my meal by simply walking into the dining area and saying hello! This place has such an incredible atmosphere I can't imagine anyone being there and not tuning in to the positive vibes! I will DEFINITELY be back next time I visit Utuado!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing. We enjoyed the peace and quiet. The charm of this place for me is that it's in the mountains, far away from everything. If you are looking for amenities, this is not it. If you want a place to unwind and enjoy the tranquility of nature, you have found your niche. The rooms are basic, 2 beds with a ceiling fan. There's storage to organize your things. The bathroom is a good size. I love the hammock outside. It's perfect to spend the in reading a book. We took two kids with us and a bunch of games and toys. They enjoyed themselves as much as we did. We hiked the trail and explored the river a little. We also spent a good amount of time playing in the pool and watching the lizards and birds. The restaurant is good enough to where to don't have to leave. Breakfast was my favorite, especially the coffee and fresh fruit.

If you go, bring a good book and the desire to connect with nature!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family