All reviews puerto rico surrounded by mountains forest accommodations mountainside pr casa
Reviewed July 13, 2017

I stayed here for my wedding anniversary and we had a nice time. It is a good place to be disconnected from civilization. We went in December and the temperature is nice and cool. At night it was in the low 60s (F) maybe even 50s (F). The place is surrounded by mountains and nature. The restaurant food was good, but a bit pricey and not a lot of options at dinnertime. The hotel is close to "Lago Dos Bocas" which is a lake with nice restaurants.

Our only problem was that the second night we stayed there we had neighbors that were too loud. Since the rooms are made out of wood, you can hear and feel everything that goes on in the room beside yours. Overall it was still a good experience.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

The place is beautiful surrounded by nature. Very clean, friendly staff, comfortable rooms. The restaurant in the hotel is the only place to eat around. There are good food options but overpriced for the quality of food, which is ok but nothing gourmet or fresh for the price. There is no tv or wifi so be prepared to disconnect from the world.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2017

Made reservations because we wanted to check out the Cordillera Central. Lodging is limited in this part of Puerto Rico and this place looked like an interesting spot to get away from things. By pure luck I had taken a look at my confirmation the morning I left Ponce and it advised me to download the directions from the Casa Grande website as it warned that Google Maps directions may take you into uncharted territory. But, we wanted to visit St German on the way and didn't want to backtrack to Ponce to get to Casa Grande so I tried to follow Google Maps from St German. Very scary experience and I still have no idea were Google Maps was directing me. Finally, found my way back to a paved road and showed a gas station attendant were I was trying to go and he directed us back to Ponce from were I followed the proprietor's directions and made it there before sundown. After that adventure there was no were I was going to suggest we take any day trips from Casa Grande although it looks like there are plenty of interesting places to visit nearby.
The place is very nice, clean and comfortable and a great place to chill out in the mountains. The fan is all you need if you get warm and it was warm in the days we were there. At night it is comfortable the fan will cool you if you need it, but there is only 1 speed, high and that comes with some noise which you may want if you do not like the sound of the birds. We both did get massages from a fine masseuse. The breakfasts and dinners were good, even the second night when the chef did not show up the staff came through with dinner for everyone. The pool was nice and well maintained and welcoming as it was sunny and warm when we were there. They have a bar. We brought our own wine and beer and they gave us as much ice as we needed. Very accommodating staff. Easy ride to San Juan airport to turn in rental car with time for full afternoon in San Juan after returning car

Room Tip: I assume all of the rooms are similar. You may want to see if one is accessible with fewer stairs to reach it. The stairs are steep.
Reviewed May 1, 2017

The are few dining options in rural Utuado but this is one of them. We did our best to hurry here well before closing so we could enjoy a local meal in paradise. We both had fish of the day which tasted bland and boiled as well as a mountain of bland and over boiled veggies that were softer than baby food. Probably would have been a better dining experience had our server had any sort of personality. No communication issues. We speak Spanish. When I asked for a mojito the server stated nobody was available to cut their home grown mint even though there was indeed other staff there. Thankfully we found other dining options the other nights which had amazing tasty food and friendlier service.

Reviewed April 26, 2017

My first visit to Casa Grande was last week and I am already preparing my return trip. The positive reviews were on target. We were warmly greeted at the front desk and the short walk to our room was rewarded by lush landscaping and mountain views. Our room was clean and the bed was was heaven. The patio with chairs and a hammock was the perfect place to relax, read and listen to the sounds of nature. When I did not think it could get better we were treated to a freshly prepared dinner and wonderful service (the homemade sangria is the best). The pinnacle was back at our room sitting under the stars, which was enhanced by the nearby babbling brook. Thank you for maintaining such a lovely sanctuary and creating happy memories.

Room Tip: I truly there is now a bad room at the resort. Every room has a patio and wonderful view