“Ambience”

Ciao Bella Pizzeria
Ranked #7 of 41 Restaurants in Strand
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: Ciao Bella Pizzeria opened its doors in 2011 and has established itself in the Strand area as the Pizzeria of choice. Mouth-watering thin-base wood fire pizzas, tantalizing pasta's, aromatic cappuccinos and great service are the trademarks of this warm and friendly pizzeria. Owner Juan van der Merwe and his friendly staff are inviting you into the warm atmosphere for a glass of wine or a cold beer. Our flagship pizza, called the Grande is a massive 45cm and can possibly feed a small village. Take-Away menu and deliveries are available.
Reviewed December 19, 2016

The Ambience and atmosphere in the evening light was very cosy and a feeling of a holiday some where far from home. The staff was very helpful and friendly!!! A plus for them! I like the pizza, very tastefully seeing that I am not a person that a pizza with a thick base. The balance between base and topping was just right according to my taste. You try this place!!!!!!

Reviewed October 20, 2016 via mobile

Always a firm favourite with the family. Consistent good and friendly service, so is the quality of their pizza. California time and time again for myself!

Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

We stopped by for a small pizza. The pepperoni pizza was delicious with the Durban chili's. Charlie, the manager was very personable and visited with us. Very nice atmosphere and very nice pizza.

Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

Ciao Bella seems to have new management since we last visited. While the ambience is still nice, the pizza is not as we remembered. We had a Meaty Bella with additional toppings but it was completely dull. Not even additional seasoning, olive oil or other condiments could uplift the taste. Big on size, small on flavour. We just did not enjoy it as before and have decided to not go back again.

2  Thank Michelle_Mouton
CiaoBella_Owner, Owner at Ciao Bella Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2016

So sorry you feel that way Michelle. This is the first time anyone has called our pizza "dull". We have expanded our menu and improved our recipes over the past 3 and a half years and I think most of our clients will agree that the standard and taste of our food has improved - definitely not deteriorated. We are extremely proud of what we serve and do hope you find a better alternative in Strand.

Reviewed July 26, 2016

Very tasty pizzas with a good amount of filling on top at a good price. The pastas are very tasty and decent portions. I love the Cappuccino but some of my friends think it is too strong for them. In general I enjoy a strong filter cofee or Cappuccino. You do not have any beach view from the restaurant but there are nice palm trees and some flowers around a closeby traffic circle that you can enjoy when sitting outside.