“Good carvery”

San Francisco Spur Steak Ranch
Ranked #12 of 41 Restaurants in Strand
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
Description: Spoil your family & eat out at San Francisco Spur. We are the best steakhouse & burger restaurant in Strand. Bring along your kids for some great tasting food & dessert from our famous Spur menu.
Reviewed June 11, 2017

I didn't even know there are still Spur branches that offer a Sunday-lunch carvery, so I was pleasantly surprised to find one at this branch. It had all the trimmings: meat, veggies, even dessert (ice-cream), which was enjoyable.

The Spur's location is its main attraction, though: It's at the beach, so go for a stroll either before or after you dig in.

1  Thank Christiaan_Boonzaier
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at San Francisco Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Dear Christiaan_Boonzaier,

Thank you for your review of San Francisco Spur. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your dining experience.

We look forward to have you back again soon!

Spur Steak Ranches

Reviewed May 24, 2017

The management of the franchise is completely wrong with their handling of the dispute that is making headlines now and do not tell me that I am or was part of the old " Conservative Party " since I am completely liberal but prefer fairness towards everybody and not just some to score political points when it suits you ! The woman ( who surely cannot be called a lady ,,, ) can thank all the stars in heaven that her child did not assault MY smaller child !
As for the food in this specific Spur __ all that is good there are the steaks and they manage to murder something as easy as a hamburger ! My wife and I had to send burgers back three times with the patties resembling bricks after we have specifically asked for the patties to be done just medium __ the manageress though was very kind and helpful and must have given the chef a real mouthful who apparently explained that it was a batch of patties that they got .Anyway apart from the beautiful sunset that one can experience from there , not a place to be recommended .

Reviewed April 26, 2017 via mobile

The best way to start lunch is with a warm, friendly welcome and good service. Kholisa was very welcoming and looked after us so well.
He recommended the new range of Spur Burgers with bacon and guacamole - a great choice. My daughter enjoyed the Cheese Burger - a winner for her.
The view of the Strand Beach on a beautiful day adds that bit extra to a great lunch.
Of course, my daughter enjoyed the free wifi. As far as I understand it this involved You Tube and Aphmau roleplay in Minecraft. You will find the wifi password is very funny.
Kholisa and my daughter entered into a 'dabbing' competition. This was my first introduction to 'dabbing' and my efforts embarrassed my daughter - of course, which is part of the fun for a parent.
A great and entertaining lunch, we loved it.

Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at San Francisco Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2017

Dear WarrenAus,

Thank you so much for your amazing review! We're thrilled to hear that the food & service was a hit.

We hope to see you again and your daughter again soon for another Spurrrific experience.

Spur Family

Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

We have had two fabulous meals here.

Service great. Management great . Good great.

Onion rings were a bit soggy. They were immediately replaced with fresh crisp ones.

Great view, great atmosphere.

Dear Mespey,

Thank you for taking the time to review our San Francisco Spur family restaurant. So happy to hear the food & service was a hit!

We look forward having you back again, soon!

Spur Steak Ranches

Reviewed April 10, 2017

I enjoyed the vibe as always. The Saucy burger with onion rings must be by far the best I've had in a long time.

Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at San Francisco Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2017

Dear Edmund R,

Thank you so much your amazing review! We're thrilled to know that you enjoyed not only our great vibe but also our famous burgers and look forward to having you back for it again, soon.

Spur Family