See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 1, 2015

There are two B&B hotels in this area, almost next to each other. The only differenced I could see, was that this hotel (Le Forum) had exterior corridors, whereas the other (Le Coudray) had interior.
They are set on a small commercial area, south of Chartres, although too far to walk into town. Nearby, within walking distance are a KFC and McDonalds, and also a couple of chain restaurants: Hippopotamus, and poivre rouge (see review).
We stayed here on route to Calais, and for a chain hotel, it is fine. We booked a family room for four. We had a double bed, and for novelty value, the children's two single beds are on a mezzanine floor, above the bathroom.
Everything is on the small scale, but I would guess that these hotels are only used as a stop over elsewhere. so that is fine. We paid the extra 6 Euros for breakfast. Bread, croissants, yoghurt, apple sauce, bacon and scrambled eggs, fruit juice and coffee. The breakfast area is very small, and so families are not always able to sit together. I find the breakfasts the most uneconomical part of staying in France. Perhaps try the McDonald's instead?
We arrived while the check in desk was open, but if arriving out of the limited opening hours, check is is easy, so long as you have your reservation number and the credit card used to reserve the room. The automated system provides you with a code to open the room door. The hotel provides wi-fi included in the room price, but it is not secure.
This trip was the first time we used this chain, as it is not always easy to find a room for four, but for a chain hotel, you get what you pay for, and it is good value in my opinion.
There is an Aldi supermarket close by, but we didn't visit.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank TicehurstDave
Reviewed September 4, 2014

Having stayed at many B&B Hotels over the past 12 years, I am glad this was not my first ever visit to a B&B, as I would never have entered another. On registering the manager gave us the impression he didn't want to be there, his complete lack of cooperation with regard to assisting those with limited French. We registered we were given a key, there was no introduction to the hotel. The hotel is not as clean as I have come to expect from "B&B Hotels", the decor is tired, I am sorry I cannot find any redeeming features.

Room Tip: Ask to view the rooms before registering!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael W
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stayed just one night on our way north from Domme to Le Shuttle. It was easy to find with amenities nearby like an Aldi and Rouge Poulet next door. My eldest daughter (5) couldn't get over the stairs in the room with the two beds upstairs. Yes as with some of the other reviews they are quite steep, but if you have little feet they are fine. Everything was clean, quiet and comfortable just what you need for a quick stop over after an 8 hour drive.

Room Tip: If you need wheelchair access make sure you book a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed here on a motoring tour through France for one night and found B&B entirely satisfactory. The reception was very friendly and helpful (we needed help to get on to the WiFi), the room and bathroom were clean, the bedding likewise clean, and the bed was comfortable. The room is well soundproofed and we got a good night's sleep. The breakfast was amply sufficient with a very good variety of cereals, teas, coffees, breads, yoghurts etc., and much better than some breakfasts we suffered at twice the price!
We thought the room a little bit cramped, especially if you were to stay for more than one night, but my wife can not (will not!) travel light!
B&B is on the edge of town, very close to principal roads, and about five minutes drive into town, and there are at least two restaurants almost next door, so the location is very good.
Prices are very reasonable and on one occasion we booked ahead through booking.com and got a 10 percent discount.
We liked it and were encouraged to stay at B&Bs wherever available.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Willy451
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I could never recommend this hotel. Our experience was dreadful.
When we’ve arrived to the hotel the first night, the bedroom hadn’t been cleaned. As there was no receptionist at the time of our arrival, we had to pay another room. Fortunately, we got reimbursed the next day.
But that’s not the biggest problem we experienced. After two nights spent in the hotel, I started to scratch myself and discovered numerous red marks on my right arm, both hands, back and my legs.
I realised only at home by searching on the internet that I’d been bitten by bed-bugs. I went to a doctor who confirmed it and found that I was allergic to it as I had terrible red and extremely itchy red blisters.
The worst thing was to realise that we unknowingly brought them home in our bags. We’ve have been cleaning our apartment for more than a week now, buying expensive products to get rid of these awful beasts.

I’ve written three times to the hotel but I got no reply at all. They are completely ignoring my urging. I usually don’t complain but this needs to be reported. Even more, the hotel’s behaviour is unacceptable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple