4 people are viewing this hotel
US$117
Hotels.comUS$197
Trip.comUS$135
Lol.travelUS$211
All reviews sand bar day tour marine sanctuary boat ride day trippers whale sharks bedroom villa premier deluxe room tumalog falls mainland sandbar similan oslob hammocks exclusivity privacy php
Selected filters
Reviewed October 13, 2022 via mobile

Infinity pool was nice. The sea was gorgeous blue and i could see reef sharks im the front of my room. Service provided however can be improved. I booked via their website for premier deluxe room. Inclusions included bluewater coolers, celebration cake, 500php off dinner bill, 20% off spa. I didnt get first 2 items and since i am.not very particular about such details, i let it slide. When i check out, i saw my dinn erbill was charged the full bill without 500 php off and my spa didnt have 20% off. The staff only corrected the mistake after i asked about it. Room supposedly comes with 2 complimentary bottles of water but i only saw one. Had to call housekeeping to deliver another. And any extra water after that was 100php per bottle so do bring your own water. There were a lot of mosquitoes so dont even bother trying the trek routes. The routes have no signage and it's really a forest in there.. Which i guess preserves nature but u won't want to enter unless u are covered with DEET from head to toe. I got bitten even after spraying lavishly with repellent.
Food is average. Breakfast mains was good but only one portion per pax, only the bread and fruits were endless supply. In summary, i enjoyed my one night there, but i prob won't stay there ever again.

Room tip: Bring own water. Check bill when u check out
Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2022

An exceptional resort in a fantastic marine sanctuary.

I stayed 4 days in this Splendid property, and was absolutely delighted.

Crystal clear water that lets you enjoy the outstanding sea life, fishes crabs and cute baby sharks. The sand bar is very enjoyable, (when the day tourers are gone^^)

in stayed the one bedroom villa « lumod » that was very comfortable, great wifi connectivity all around the island ! Island is never crowded, not too many people, which is perfect to relax and enjoy the scenery :)

The restaurant/ room service serves great food! Not a lot of choice, but very good quality.

I had the opportunity to dive 15 meters in this Astonishing coral reef , and in the marine sanctuary, it was a fabulous experience ! Thank you Rowel :)

Great and helpful staff.
Will definitely be back.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Oliverspeedbird
Reviewed July 6, 2022 via mobile

It was good experience, I suggest you go there in weekdays if you really want the exclusivity of the island and you can go overnight coz you can do all things in one day because its not to big of a place, View is nice and the hidden beach is pretty okay. Food is nice also.

Room tip: Don’t book for two nights or more ther if youre planning to stay overnight since you can do all activities in just a day
Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank VonGeraldizo
Reviewed May 21, 2022 via mobile

This is a beautiful Island. Now we didn't stay at the resort but traveled to the beach on Sumilo Island. I can tell you it's incredible. The waters of the ocean are breathtaking. You catch a small vessel across to the island. Then you have plenty of time to swim and enjoy the beach. Now be careful about the weather and how hot it gets. There is shade close to the beach. But it's limited. Above the beach is places to relax and sit in the shade. Food is allowed but not on the beach. Worth the ride out to discover something new.

Room tip: Bring sunscreen and water.
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank roberthV154OS
Reviewed May 12, 2022 via mobile

I booked this resort because of the location and expectation it would be quiet and blissful.

I was aware that the sandbar gets day trippers but did not realise that the hotel also allows (for a fee) day visitors to use the pool and hotel facilities.

Oh my what an awful, loud, overcrowded place this is. The weekends are worse.

I cut my stay short and I left after 24 hours as I could not handle it. It was dreadful.

The island is incredible and the water Cristal clear but you can not get a sun lounger by the pool neither can you relax. This for me is also a huge security risk because you can not leave anything lying around due to potential theft. I really despise hotels that allow day visitors. I have stayed at a few and promptly left. It takes away the point on staying for a premium in such a resort when anyone can use the facilities. Sumilon is very pretty so clear people will take advantage. Just stay on the mainland and get the first boat across in the morning.

More in general.

The rooms are nice and well appointed. Privacy is an issue as most rooms open up on to the sea which is amazing view wise but the main path walks by the front of your room.

The food is dreadful and I got a very bad stomach after eating in the hotel and still suffering 3 days later. They also run out of favourites (probably due to day visitors) the menu is extremely limited.

The final warning. For anyone who is mobility restricted should avoid as well. Very steep stairs.

I regretted booking this property.

If you want to visit Sumilon do a day trip.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank dewby
Margie Munsayac, Other at Bluewater Sumilon Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2022

Thank you for your review and we are looking into the issues you raised. YOur comments help the resort to impreve its facilities and services. We hope you can visit us again and please do email me at margie.munsayac@bluewater.com.ph so I can personally arrange your itinerary and ensure you get the best Philippine hospitality while in our island resort.