New Inn Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Hipping Hall(Kirkby Lonsdale)
US$218
  • Breakfast included
The Whoop Hall(Kirkby Lonsdale)
US$93
  • Pool
Snooty Fox(Kirkby Lonsdale)
US$121
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe ownerbar areathe pubscallopshigh standardboth nightssandwicheslamblovely foodevening mealshort breakyorkshire dalesan overnight staygroup of friendstea and coffeeporridgehis team
Reviewed August 17, 2016

We stayed here for two nights as we were taking part in the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge.
It was a perfect location for this.
We had a room in the 'old stables part of the hotel, it was very cosy but what struck me the most was it was so so immaculately clean, I know that this is to be expected from a hotel but sometimes you can find the odd thing which just makes you think that somewhere hasn't been deep cleaned enough but not here... it was quite literally spotless.
There was tea and coffee facilities in the room along with shampoo, conditioner, soap bar and body wash in the bathroom.
The first day we had been given our walkers breakfast as we would miss the normal breakfast as we were leaving shortly before 6am - I thought this was a nice and organised touch.
Full breakfast the next day was super.
Evening meals and selections of drinks all to an excellent quality!
Overall, a great place!

Room Tip: We stayed in the old stables, nice and cosy.
Reviewed August 15, 2016

This is a superbly located inn. It's very well run and managed. The rooms are well equipped. Breakfast is generous and of good quality.

The staff were polite, friendly and helpful. This is good place to climb the Three Peaks, and explore caves. Getting on the steam trains across the countryside and visiting quaint places was fun too.

I liked the eco policy - it's environmentally friendly - and makes you feel a lot better about sustainable tourism. A lot of thought has gone into making this place comfortable. The dinner was of very high quality. The owners take a lot of care over the hotel.

Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2016

Arrived Sunday evening for a 4 night stay. Room was large, bright and very clean.
Lovely large, comfy bed. Unfortunately the duvet was not quite as large and barely covered the top of the bed, leaving my partner and I fighting for a full covering of duvet during the night.
Breakfast was generous and menu had a good choice (including vegetarian full English). Evening meals also very enjoyable.
Staff very friendly and helpful throughout our stay.
No wi-fi access in rooms was a bit of a pain but once you accepted it - you could forget about your devices and get down to enjoying the beautiful surroundings.
Wonderfully situated for walks of all abilities and local shops and shop keepers are a 'must' to visit.
Would definitely recommend to others and will hopefully visit again.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front overlooking the road - but was still very quiet.
Reviewed August 10, 2016

We did enjoy our stay so I don't want to create the impression that we didn't. However, what I would say is that I've stayed at better hotels/guesthouses for the same kind of money. I do get that being close to the National Park inflates prices a little. I should also acknowledge that we had one of the better rooms which was comfortable. However, while the food was okay, it wasn't exceptional. We also got the sense that the hotel was always one staff member too short (probably two on the Sunday night which was borderline chaotic and but for the extra hours put in by the young Australian lady would have been even more so. I also didn't think it appropriate hearing the obscene language coming out of the kitchen in the main dining room. Fortunately, my wife and I are pretty broad minded so we weren't offended but it's little details like this that matter. Aside from that lapse, I did appreciate that the staff were trying hard to please guests, I just think there weren't enough on duty. Perhaps this was just a temporary problem but you call it as you find it. Breakfast was okay although the hotel could use a new toaster which doesn't set the hotel fire alarm off. As for the room, it was a tad irritating not to have wi-fi available and the tv required a telescope. Wi-fi in the bar has to be logged back into every thirty minutes which is a tad wearing. These are not big things and, frankly, most people would be there for the walking, not to watch TV or check on facebook. Nevertheless, it's hard not to draw comparisons with those other hotels that offer these things as a matter of course and charge the same money. I've scored it a 4 overall because we did enjoy our stay; the food was fine, the walks are fabulous and the rooms comfortable. A bit more attention to detail though would make this place a real winner.

Room Tip: If you have a bad back then try for room 11, it's worth the extra twenty pounds for a more comfortable night's sleep.
Reviewed August 7, 2016

Great place to stay, good room with all facilities and the meal on the first night was excellent. We did a few walks following advice from owner which we really enjoyed plus this a good base for touring the area.

Room Tip: Room at front overlooks stream, lovely and peaceful.