“Wonderful”

The Bear and Blacksmith
Description: We are a local pub serving quality local food, we boast that we have our own farm growing our own vegetables and rearing our own meats. We only buy day boat fish and shellfish from Brixham market and local day boats in Salcombe
Reviewed September 16, 2018

My second visit here, this time for Sunday Lunch. Starter of scallops were the best I have ever eaten and the Roast was superb. A really wonderful pub.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We travelled to this pub from Torbay and although the map said 45 minutes it took over an hour The parking around the back of the pub was a little hard to find in the dark for a first time visitor. However all the difficulties were forgotten with the food. For the starter I had the fish cake and my wife had the scallops. For the main course we both had the Fish of the Day - Brill, then I finished off with a chocolate fondant. Including wine the bill came to £70 for two. The pub was very busy on a Friday night hence the 8.30 booking. The pub specialises in seafood and locally sourced meat and vegetables. The seafood was excellent, fresh and well cooked.

2  Thank 7mikeb7
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Wow what a fantastic Sunday Roast.
My wife had the roast beef and I had the lamb.
Both of which were cooked to perfection.
The lamb was the best that I have ever tasted.

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Really lovely menu with a specials board that changes daily. Local produce which shows in the taste and freshness of the dishes. Good wine and beer selection and friendly, efficient staff. Contemporary decor makes this a comfortable and stylish place to visit for a meal or pop in for a drink. We were pleased our (two well behaved ) dogs were welcome in the bar area so we were able to enjoy this fab place fully.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Many eating places advertise the fact they only use local produce and this one really does.Veg from the garden adjoining the pub and meat from their own and family bred animals. Its a delicious combination.The fish is frash caught from the nearby coast and the prices reflect the lack of middlemen in the chain.Very reasonable and very good.On our visit the catch of the day was whiting so fresh you could taste the sea.My wife had one of their Dexter beef burgers which she assures me was brilliant.Well worth a visit and the car park at the rear is well worth searching for!