All reviewsgrocery storelaid backbeach walkmyrtle beachrelaxing vacationbeach towelsmini golfsea cownegative reviewsspring breaksecond bedroomlounge chairsbotany bayseafoodfull kitchengas stationoff the beaten path
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I don’t normally have to write a bad review for Wyndham but this is only our 2nd time to have a really bad experienced.

Minor things:
Upon arrival found the master bathroom with broken toilet paper roll holder and I stepped on broken glass in the master bathroom also.

Dirty floors

Broken filter in the dryer

Major things:
We had invited some friends to stay with us during our stay so we also got them a 2bedroom deluxe. They came and checked in at 4pm and was told that the their unit wasn’t ready. I called them at 4:15 and they told me that they would check and that they would let me know. They came back on the phone and told me that it wasn’t ready. I then call again at 5pm and asked if the room was ready and they told me, they would check. They came back and told me again that it wasn’t ready. I asked them why the unit wasn’t ready and they said that housekeeping was working on it. We called again at 6pm and the room wasn’t ready, I then told them that this is crazy that it is nearly 2hrs for our friends is been waiting for their room to be ready. I asked to speak with the manager and they told me that the manager is gone. My friend then got a phone call at 6:32pm telling them that the room is been ready the whole time and that they forgot to my friend to tell them that their unit is ready. So tomorrow morning we will be speaking with the manager and Wyndham manage costumer care to complain.

Secondly, we found at 9pm that there wasn’t any bedding for the sleeper sofa in our unit so we called and we were told that they will get housekeeping to deliver it. 9:30pm and still no sign of housekeeping and the blessings. We call again and I was told that the housekeeping will be on their way. 10:02pm still no sign of housekeeping and the bedding we requested so we called again. I was informed by the front desk that she is alone and that they couldn’t find the key and that they just found it now and that the maintenance guy Brought it to the front desk and he had to leave. The front desk lady then told me to pick it up From the front desk bec she was alone and that she couldn’t bring it to us. I told her so then why didn’t you call us and told us an hour ago that you couldn’t find the key and no one can deliver it. She then informed me that she was about to but she was too busy calling other people to let them know to pick up their bedding bec no one can deliver it.

We are really displease with this Wyndham and this is not the normal experienced we have with other property. We will want all our points back for this one night stay for our unit and friend’s unit that we got for them too.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Damian S V
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Worst wyndham experience I’ve ever had. Been an owner for 14 years and never been treated as poorly as I have at this place. 4pm check in. Got here at 3 and they made us wait until after 5. No sheets for pull out bed and wouldn’t bring us any until the next morning so my kids had to sleep on a bare mattress. The front desk girl says she is the only person available. Over 1000 guests and only 1 person is here working??? This is ridiculous. I could stay at the crappiest roach motel and there would be someone to bring sheets or help in anyway. I know problems happen and in the past Wyndham people jump through hoops to fix it and give u the experience you pay a lot of money for. This place is a joke and I will never stay at Edisto Island again. This after we just bought more points. Makes me feel like the fool. Buyer beware. All the good reviews??? Where did they stay because it sure as hell wasn’t here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank Joshua I
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

As Wyndham Owners, this was our fourth visit to Ocean Ridge staying in a fourth different area of the resort. It was the second time we were cheated out of our member upgrade to a larger unit.

The first time was at Christmas a few years ago. After we arrived and realized we were short one bedroom for our party, we called the office and were told there was nothing larger available. Our college-aged sons ended up stretched out on the floor in the bedroom with our daughter.

Our second visit was fine without a promised upgrade.

This time, we arrived at the Marsh Point area, carried our belongings inside and quickly realized that the unit was a one-bedroom, not two, as my upgrade email had promised.

We called the office and got a recording. An hour later when we got a return call, we were told that they showed only a one- bedroom unit reserved for us. My husband informed them that we had a confirmation email, and they apologized.

A few minutes later, a supervisor called and said that their reservation system did not sync with Wyndham's system. She did not see our upgrade in her system. Really!?

The she said that they understood my husband had to have an elevator and that was why we had the one-bedroom unit. That was not true and didn't even make sense. I have no clue where that idea came from except that there were two parties with our last name checking in the same day.

When pressed, finally she conceded that a two-bedroom unit was available in another (much older) area. We were not interested. I asked about what compensation would be provided, and she said she would have to talk to her supervisor. I never heard from her again.

Interestingly, we never even got the usual phone call harassments about attending an owners' meeting.

If the couple we had invited to come with us had been able to come, we would have been very angry.

In the end, two things seem clear to us: 1. Wyndham has a big problem with its reservations system compatibility and 2. Wyndham Ocean Ridge management doesn't really care.

As for the unit, it was fairly new and
clean. The noise level was especially high from units above and beside us.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed March 27, 2018

We stayed here and had a bayview condo. It was nice, but not up to the usually standards of Wyndham.
The place needs some TLC. The living room furniture looked new. The beds were fine. However, the dining room furniture and dressers had paint chipping off. One of the pot lights was hanging down. The walls needed some repainting as they had some chipped paint also.
The unit was nice and quiet and the view was fantastic.

Room Tip: Lots of stairs to get into condo. Don't know if they have any without stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Patti D
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

We are VIP owners of Wyndham and are supposed to get early check in at 2 pm. We arrived at 3 pm and were told the room wasn’t cleaned yet and couldn’t give us a time it would be ready. We finally got in our room at 6 pm. Everyone checking in was in the same boat. The accommodations are in need of an upgrade. There were twin beds in the second bedroom with one small pillow. Floors squeak. No excuses for this type of service. I won’t visit here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends