“Hit the spot”

Point Defiance Tap & Grill
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Ruston
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

We drove out to Tacoma to see my son and his wife. They took us here for a late Sunday afternoon lunch. I had the Surf/Turf burger; cheeseburger with fried oysters. Very good. Also have a nice selection of craft beers

Reviewed August 11, 2017

I remember when this was an antique mall. Now it's a perfectly respectable place to get a beer and some decent chow. Or, in my case, a cider.

Went with some folks who'd been before, so we had a clue about what's good. Two street tacos worked for me. Five bucks -- the price was right. Should have followed the advice about getting two pork tacos instead of a pork and a chicken, though.

Hubby had the chickpea salad (he's on a health kick). It was pronounced tasty. Looked pretty good, actually. Feta, olives, cukes, greens, and I don't know what else. It was all fresh.

One of our companions had the pulled chicken sandwich. She said it was different than the last time she got it, but good. Arrived with french fries even though she had ordered greens. Server didn't hesitate to bring the greens. The rest of us ate the fries, rather than see them get tossed. Not very crunchy, but hey -- free fries.

And, in the background, a guy with a guitar. His name is Kevin Moe. It was the perfect accompaniment to a pleasant evening. Apparently, he's here every Friday from 6 to 8. I expect that he'll move on to bigger and better things, so you should come and hear him while you can. And enjoy the food and drink. Not five star stuff, but really quite decent.

Reviewed July 8, 2017

Just stopped in for a pint. Clean bar with a good selection of craft beers on tap and a chatty barman.

Reviewed May 26, 2017

My husband had to pick out wilted brown lettuce from the salad, the burgers were over-cooked, and the fries were somehow overdone and greasy at the same time. The reason that I am rating this poor instead of terrible is because our server was very helpful when selecting beer, offering us tastes of all the IPAs on the menu - and also replaced the fries when I mentioned that neither of us were eating them.

We came in on a Friday at 1:30, and I mentioned that it was really slow (there was only one other table), she said that they don't generally do much business during the week, so maybe that could be a partial explanation.

Reviewed January 9, 2017 via mobile

Came here with the fam and friends. I had the lamb burger and everyone else had the cheeseburger which were both great. This place makes its own sauces so the ranch was delicious. However, the ketchup and BBQ sauce were heavy on the cumin. The kids (and us really) didn't like it for the fries but there were no other options available. Also as a side note, this place only carries Jones soda.

Been to Point Defiance Tap & Grill? Share your experiences!