All reviews bunk beds pool level views are stunning his wife bigger room beautiful place to stay walking difficulties valtos beach air con andreas castle towels kitchenette sea sunbeds drawers greece
Reviewed September 2, 2017

We stayed here for 10 nights in July the rooms are nice but not cleaned very well on a daily basis. The towels very really got changed and in the room there is a note stating any sun oil on the towels you will be charged €5 I could understand if the towels where luxury types but I felt that they had seen better days. The owner Andreas is so miserable I didn't see him smile once yet his wife is wonderful. I purchased the air con and mine worked fine but on returning to my room I found Andreas and three other men in my room two of them sitting on the bed fiddling with the air con . I was around the pool so nothing stopped hi from coming get and speaking with me. There is a bar at the hotel but it isn't used so if you need anything it is a good walk up hill to the shop. I think that if you was able to buy water chips drinks he would make a fortune. We hired one of the scooters which Andreas did at a good price. It came invaluable for water etc. The views are beautiful from this hotel but I do feel that's all that is good about it. I wouldn't recommend it to families as there is nothing, and as for people going back time after time are just older couples. It certainly isn't a family hotel. Parga is really nice and I would vist again but I would stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Best for older couples
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank debbiedo17
Reviewed August 21, 2017

what a beautiful place to stay andreaus and ve ve his wife are so nice and friendly we have been here several times and it is the nicest place i have ever stayed in all of greece i can not fault it the accomodation is beautiful and so well kept the views are stunning and its so peaceful the gardens are beautiful the staff very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ritaerbyshire
Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit to Parga and we booked Andreas Kanali based on the TripAdvisor reviews.

Unfortunately I did not have a brilliant experience and there were several issues with the hotel and staff.

The hotel is situated above Valtos Beach and a good 25 minute walk to Parga Town. The walk is exceptionally hilly and is not suitable for people with walking difficulties. We rented a moped which made things easier however would have struggled without.

First appearances were good and the hotel is pretty with good views of the sea. The rooms were clean upon arrival, however upon closer inspection there were a lot of cobwebs and even mould on the bathroom ceiling due to the extractor fan being detached from the wall.

I paid €50 for 10 days of air conditioning, however for the first 3 days the air con blew out warm air and the room was completely unbearable. I had to report this on three separate occasions, each time the owner Andreas and his staff simply shrugged and told me "it's ok". A telephone call to the tour operator saw the problem rectified on the fourth day of our holiday. However I was offered no refund for the three days I had been without it, in the unbearable Parga heat it was difficult to sleep. The fan on the air con unit was also supported by a piece of folded paper and thus would not swing.

The cleanliness was an issue throughout our stay. We were given one set of clean sheets and towels in 10 days and regularly ran out of toilet paper which was not replenished. One day I piled the dirty towels in the bathroom indicating they needed to be changed, however the cleaner simply folded and left the wet towels in the kitchen without replacing them!

The kitchenette in the apartment is basic. With a two ring electric hob, kettle and fridge. There is no toaster and limited cooking facilities. On arrival our fridge/freezer was unplugged and defrosted, with water pooled on the floor. If you intend on cooking at all it is advisable to take your own supplies as the nearest shop is 10 minutes away.

The pool bar is permanently closed which is extremely disappointing, as previously mentioned the nearest bar/shop/restaurant is at least 10 minutes away.

The pool is clean with only 14 sunbeds, however finding a bed most days was not an issue.

My final point to mention is that Andreas, the hotel owner is not a friendly person. (His wife however was lovely and very friendly). He repeatedly chastised our party for different things, and appeared obsessed with keeping his hotel perfect and untouched, which is difficult when you have guests!! For example, we sprayed insect repellent and then were told we were not allowed to sit on the sofas, and also shouted at for doors that banged on a particularly windy day.

I was very disappointed with my stay at what could be a beautiful hotel. Unfortunately I found myself constantly on edge in case I was told off by Andreas, and would not recommend this hotel for anyone other than a couple who do not mind being out of the way. If the owner relaxed a little and the cleanliness improved I'm sure this would be a lovely place to stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Italy-lover-21
Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

This is a pleasant little place. As with other reviews, the views are fantastic and the rooms are clean. The only downside was the room we had was a family studio for 2-4 people. There was only 2 of us and we could barely fit our clothes for one week in the single wardrobe and the couple of small drawers. 4 people would kill each other in a day. The rooms have a decent size bed but they have crammed in a set of bunk beds so two people cannot pass each other. We ended up leaving our cases part full on the bunk beds.

We had an issue with a leaking toilet which the initial fix was to turn off the water supply. When I turned it back on the toilet leaked all over the floor again. The owner cleaned it up by using the shower mat and gave us a clean one. No attempt to mop the floor. Fortunately they fixed it the next day but not very hygienic. Overall Parga is fabulous and we will visit again. I don't think we would use this accommodation but if you do I suggest selecting a bigger room.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed June 22, 2017

We stayed 11 nights the hotel has great views and is ideally placed for Valtos Beach and the Restaurants and bars going towards the castle. Our room was bright and airy the bed was very comfortable the room was adequate size although would have liked a few more drawers. Our only downside was being on pool level with sunbeds right by our room terrace. The owners were friendly and polite Plus the hotel was cleaned daily .
Love Parga.

Room Tip: Upper floors have best views
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple