All reviews would recommend hiring a car yogurt relaxing holiday half board swimming pool zante town lovely hotel taxi euros receptionist
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

The hotel was really lovely, the staff were friendly (particularly the receptionist and the barman). We initially booked the hotel thinking it was on the outskirts of one of the towns, I guess I should have done better research because it was about 20 minutes outside of a town. This actually wasn't bad, we were looking for a relaxing holiday and the surroundings of the hotel were beautiful. Set near the foot of a mountain (it looked like a mountain) the hotel was very tranquil. Maybe that was because we were one of a handful of guests and it was sort of out of season. I had the pool all to myself, well me and the inflatable flamingo anyway haha!

The hotel were very flexible when it came to food. We were one of the only quests who had paid for half board food. After a couple of nights where we had missed dinner we came to an agreement that we would just eat at the pool bar as and when we wanted it to save them having to open the restaurant. We didn't mind because we usually had something to eat out during the day most days. The food that we had was good. The pool bar burger was amazing. The chicken nuggets were cooked on a panini press but we had no complaints. When agreeing to eat at the bar, we were more than happy to pay for the food and offered every time however the bar man said we didn't have to pay, assuming this was because of the half board situation. the towels were offered to be changed every day and the beds made.

It's a little hard to say too much as we had an out of season experience but I would definitely recommend the hotel if you're looking for a really quiet holiday or maybe just like to be by the pool. The hotel also have a spa where you can have treatments but we didn't use this.

There's a couple of little shops down the road but everything else is a taxi away. We spent about 30 euros a day on taxis so would recommend hiring a car or budgeting for the taxis. The hotel has a minivan and are happy to take you places for less than the cost of a taxi however the driver is also the handyman so isn't always available. When he did drive us it wa about 5 euros cheaper.

All in all lovely hotel from out experience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

I booked directly with this hotel on 6th August for a weeks holiday with my daughter starting the following Sunday,13th. On Friday evening, 11th I opened an email that said my booking had been cancelled as they had accepted 2 bookings for the same room via 3rd parties & had to go with the one booked first. I didn't book via a 3rd party, I booked via their own website. I emailed them but they didn't respond. Luckily just hours before our early hours flight I managed to find a room elsewhere having sent countless email enquiries & made 20+ phone calls to the island throughout the Saturday. Whilst on Zante, we visited the hotel & 90% of the rooms were vacant. My daughter & I stayed for the afternoon as the pool was empty with not a soul on the sun loungers. I did not appreciate their obvious lie - they put me under enormous stress having left me with a booked flight & nowhere to stay when they clearly had availability.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Ecoresortzefyros, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Eco Resort Zefyros, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Thank you for your review and for choosing Zefyros for your holidays although finally that was not possible.
As we have already mentioned in our e-mail, we are very sorry by the fact that it was not possible to accommodate you. We received your reservation on the 6th of August while a few minutes earlier another reservation was sent to us by one of our partners. The next day on the 7th of August, after trying to find a solution, the cancellation was sent to you by our reservations department

Regarding your visit in Zefyros, thank you for spending a few hours of your holidays with us. The reason that the pool area was empty at that time of the day, was due to the fact that most of the guests book tours which take place from the early morning till the late afternoon, and even when the hotel is fully booked during the high season, the common areas are not busy during this time of the day.

We would like to inform you that your comments will be sincerely taken into consideration and once more we are very sorry for not being able to properly assist you.

We hope to see you again in the future and have the opportunity to make your stay in Zefyros the best possible. Please, feel free to contact me, through the e-mail address of the hotel for any further questions

Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The concierge service is unreal, taking you to the best restaurants on the island at the best times. The pool bar area is great for kids and the staff are again, fantastic. If you have little knowledge of Zakinthos and are looking for the experts, stay here you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Rory D
Reviewed September 24, 2016

Clean rooms, quiet place, good food, nice and helpful people. You need a car to see the island. The resort is close to the middle of Zakynthos. I stayed only one week. I hope to return sometimes. The wi-fi signal could be improved.

Room Tip: closest to the reception
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Radu B
Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

We were impressed to see that they changed sheets and towels every day. The pool is lovely and the staff is very professional. It was more like a 4* hotel rather than 2*. The breakfast was amazing and the staff very nice. The bad: room is pretty small. Bathtub is very very small. I think the best rooms are at ground floor facing the swimming pool. Overall, great place to stay, but you need a car if you're going to stay here.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple