“Sensational plat du jour”

Le Roman des Saveurs
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Montmorillon
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2018

Le Roman is super, the menu is great but the last 2 occasions we've visited, I haven't got past the chef's recommendation - always delicious! Highly recommended!

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

We brought friends here for an evening meal. If you come for a lunch the meals are more reasonable and you are able to make the most of a window seat with views across the river. There was a nice touch of six different peppers and friendly service. Unfortunately a customer on his speaker phone behind us for an hour spoiled the ambience. The food was tasty and nice choices but the vegetables were uninspiring.

Reviewed November 6, 2017

I have eaten here several times with my husband and various friends, we usually have the chefs recommendations and we have never been disappointed. Fabulous food for very a reasonable price, very good value. Would recommend that you book in advance if you want a window seat, the restaurant gets very busy at times with both locals and tourist. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed September 17, 2017

We chose the dinner fixed price menu and loved every single dish. Gourmet food for a very reasonable price. I'd be happy to come back and highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Was fortunate enough to have lunch here twice during a visit to the area. The midweek 12€ 2 course menu is good value and they also offer two additional menus every day - 3 courses at 16.50€ & 4 at 22.50€ in addition to the a la carte menu. The daily 'chef suggestion' menu is another option. All dishes were well presented and delicious.
The chef (who spoke perfect English) was extremely helpful in adapting my choices to gluten free as necessary. Nothing was too much trouble and he and his staff were appreciative of my strict dietary requirements - I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to fellow Coeliac sufferers - just ask to speak the chef.
The restaurant was busy with both tourists and locals during the week and full with French families for Sunday lunch so luckily we'd booked our table - next to the window.
Myself and my guests thoroughly enjoyed the experience and will definitely return when in the area.