All reviewspeaceful locationa real treatstunning viewshidden gemartdreamhostgardenfrancechateauguestsardeche
Reviewed July 27, 2017

The chateau is a beautiful mix of history and art. It's located on a hill top (magnificent views !) in a natural and very quiet environment. Large swimming pool, extended breakfast and a warm welcome by Eric and Bernard, the owners.

The apartment is not expensive but has everything (for example a well-equipped kitchen with freezer, refrigerator, dishwasher, stove oven ...) for a memorable staying in a remarkable setting.

Ideal for people who don't like big anonymous hotels and are looking for the French way of living.

Annick, Frank and Arwen (Belgium)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Eric D, Propriétaire at Chateau de Fontblachere, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2017

Thanks for this nice review of the petite maison and of your week stay here. I am glad you had such a pleasant time with your daughter since I spent my winter vacations this year to put a new kitchen, new floor and relook the decoration of that appartment . I love it too and next winter I will create a new painting espacially for it to add my final touch! Hope to see you again! Eric

Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

With friends we stopped there for â night...the place is ravishing and we felt out of the world.
Nice for a pause or to discover the area.
The hosts were very warm and friendly.
The breakfeast in the garden is â delight.
Don't forget to move the turtle ;-)

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2016

Open the little door in the impressive arched entrance and it’s like travelling into another world. The sunny courtyard has flowers everywhere, with tables, chairs and a relaxing lounge area.
The lovely old house has old worn stone steps and terracotta tiles, airy rooms and period features. It's been sympathetically restored and extended over the years.
Outside are terraces with sun loungers, a carp pond, a tennis court and good size heated pool. Stunning views across the valley appear at every corner.
Eric, Bernard and Patrick couldn’t have been nicer or more gracious hosts. Sitting down for dinner with them in the evening was a delight. It felt much more as if dining with friends than staying in a B&B.
I'm sorry this sounds a bit like a travel brochure. But I expect you get the impression we liked it.
We only stayed one night. But there’s always next year…

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Eric D, Propriétaire at Chateau de Fontblachere, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2016

Thanks so much for this nice comments. I am glad that it feel the way I wished it should feel ! Just like that : you are at home in my home !
I enjoy sharing my travels "little treasures " that I found in all the countries where I work as an architect , but also sharing my artworks since i am also a painter and will be even more when I will have time to work regularly on it and at last sharing a diner with you when it is the day I cook for my guests!
Hope to see you again!
Eric

Reviewed August 30, 2015

Lovingly restored 15 Century house with beautiful views, charming rooms and delightful hosts. Many beautiful objets d'art carefully scattered around the house including many paintings by one of the owners. Fantastic swimming pool complex with kitchen and showers. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We found this chateau a real treat. Warmly and engagingly welcomed by our host, who gave us a history of the property right through to his current situation, we instantly felt we were being well looked after. Our room was full of what the English call shabby-chic character. This was part of the general style of the house, though in the public areas there were many striking works of contemporary art and it was clear that the renovation of the property had been carried out with style and expertise. The house was large enough to provide much interest as we wandered around examining the furnishing and art. The swimming pool was large and had been intriguingly designed with a stunning view out over the countryside. The breakfast that was served was ample and delicious. The main issue for some travellers will be that an evening meal is only provided occasionally and one must drive to a local restaurant. We were not so fortunate in our choice, but there may be other local places that will be up to a better standard. We really enjoyed our one night stay and imagined that we would like to return for a few days longer next time to take full advantage of an unusual and distinguished house in a very quiet and beautiful location.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple